Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ralls &Vaulks

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:13 pm

Ralls and Vaulks not sure if either of these two know how to make a forward pass. It’s either backwards or sideways. Ralls gave the ball away for the goal. Both to similar. People moan about Pack but give the guy credit he knows how to pick a pass. We need Bacuna back in the middle he’s no world beater but probably the one player who presses and not passing backwards. Our Midfield is still our Achilles and lacks someone to pull the strings.
Derby were as poor a Derby side I have seen in a long time they were there for the taking.

Re: Ralls &Vaulks

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:36 am

Totally agree Mo they aren t the quickest either...need to try Nelson Rt back and bring in Benkovic as soon as fit....Bacuna and Pack in the Middle ,,bring in White and play ojo at 10

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:Ralls and Vaulks not sure if either of these two know how to make a forward pass. It’s either backwards or sideways. Ralls gave the ball away for the goal. Both to similar. People moan about Pack but give the guy credit he knows how to pick a pass. We need Bacuna back in the middle he’s no world beater but probably the one player who presses and not passing backwards. Our Midfield is still our Achilles and lacks someone to pull the strings.
Derby were as poor a Derby side I have seen in a long time they were there for the taking.

Yep agreed.

I really feel that Ralls is on borrowed time. We need some dynamism in midfield, Bacuna is absolutely wasted at full back as we need his running power in midfield.

Based on form if everyone was fit I'd go for a midfield 3 of Pack, Wilson and Bacuna.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:03 am

I’m not a fan of them both playing together and would much prefer the calming influence and superior passing ability of Marlon Pack alongside one of them, ideally Ralls, as Vaulks’ distribution is dire. Then again, on current form, Bacuna would be my choice with MP, but is currently filling in at RB.

We can continue this convo the next time I see you outside the local Co-op and I won’t get you started on Murphy. :lol:

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:49 am

Gareth still people on here predicting the team for tomorrow and picking Murphy you have to question how often they get to watch the City.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:01 am

I remember being excited about Vaulks when we signed him but he was dire for a long time and didn't then get picked but then for a period pre Covid, watching him at the Cardiff City Stadium, for a period of time he was the best player on the pitch totally controlling the midfield. No idea what is wrong with him now but he isn't offering anything!

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:34 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Gareth still people on here predicting the team for tomorrow and picking Murphy you have to question how often they get to watch the City.

Probably because a lot of people are shifting ojo into the no.10 position. That leaves whyte, who seems to be more defensive and scored 1 goal last season, or Murphy who is more attacking who scored 8 last season and assisted 3, to fill the space on the wing. Given how poor we've been in attack lately is that much of a surprise that people want to see a more attacking player play?

Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:Gareth still people on here predicting the team for tomorrow and picking Murphy you have to question how often they get to watch the City.

Probably because a lot of people are shifting ojo into the no.10 position. That leaves whyte, who seems to be more defensive and scored 1 goal last season, or Murphy who is more attacking who scored 8 last season and assisted 3, to fill the space on the wing. Given how poor we've been in attack lately is that much of a surprise that people want to see a more attacking player play?

tbh what you and others have suggested sounds reasonable and could be exciting ..but i think the intent to win games from the first whistle has to come from our manager no matter who he picks up the top end... this condensing games down to the final 20mins / half hour and then bringing the cavalry on is going to cost us...

Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:57 pm

I thought the last time he played he seemed to show a bit of endeavour at least, but he’s the most frustrating player to watch as he has undoubted ability. If the skilful tricks aren’t working, at least put a shift in, but he doesn’t.