Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff manager Neil Harris: "I was a bit disappointed with

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:09 am

Cardiff manager Neil Harris:

"I was a bit disappointed with the first half - we were the architects of our own downfall, turning the ball over too cheaply.

"We adjusted it slightly at half-time. We had a real calm conversation and we tidied it up a bit and second half I thought we were much better.

"A great free-kick goes in against us. You can't do a lot about them. But I am really pleased with the character to come from behind again.

"Ultimately we have hit the post twice and had the better chances."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff manager Neil Harris: "I was a bit disappointed

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:45 am

YAWN..............

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 am

These young managers are getting more like politicians.

Bring back the likes of Gordon Strachan who went straight to the point with comments like "If we continue to play like that we will go down".

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff manager Neil Harris:

"I was a bit disappointed with the first half - we were the architects of our own downfall, turning the ball over too cheaply.

"We adjusted it slightly at half-time. We had a real calm conversation and we tidied it up a bit and second half I thought we were much better.

"A great free-kick goes in against us. You can't do a lot about them. But I am really pleased with the character to come from behind again.

I've got to be honest I agree, while I was disappointed and bored with the performance, it was a brilliant free-kick and we should have scored another and were fairly unlucky with two hitting the posts. That's life on to the next :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:00 am

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff manager Neil Harris:

I've got to be honest I agree, while I was disappointed and bored with the performance, it was a brilliant free-kick and we should have scored another and were fairly unlucky with two hitting the posts. That's life on to the next :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

was a good free kick but was the product of this playing too many square balls in your own half which is the hallmark of a first half Neil Harris team..........that game should have been 0-0..not much you can do about a great free kick..an individual mistake cost us... how about we find our own way of playing Neil instead of looking as if we finished bottom in a Man City tribute band contest...

Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:11 pm

What is the purpose of the horizontal passing, what is its intent ?

Do we get bonus points for greater than 50% possession ? Because in the 9 game played this season we have score more than 1 goal once.......

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Was it a good free kick Take a look at it? Was best distance to get ball up and over wall and under bar...... so firstly waghorn run up was at such an angle was only going one place but smithies was hopelessly to far to his left considering ball was only going right of him.... then take look at Moore at end wall ball cleared him by inches but he did not make serious effort to jump if he did he would have easily blocked shot! Can disagree with this but it's not 1st time smithies or wall as been found seriously wanting at such free kicks .