" So some big questions & honest answers please? "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " So some big questions & honest answers please? "

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:19 pm

All answers are really a matter of opinion ? Some will think no no no no but really it's more of maybe maybe maybe and time will tell.
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Robbiebluebird » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Personally I think we have the players for a play off challenge, the issue is we have 3 deep lying midfielder playing in the same team most of the time.

If Tomlin can't play, start KM and Glatzel. And have Wilson be an out snd out winger.

I would also like to see the dice rolled on Mark Harris at least from the bench. We can't get any less creative in the middle.
Robbiebluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Squad easily good enough not sure we can play, pack,vaulks,ralls in midfield together ,I would go 442 tbh

So Wez, if we fail then your saying it will be down to Harris then as he has the players ?

We are only 8 games in ,do you want us to fail ? ,Harris is doing a good job ,results will improve once the new players bed in we are missing two of arguably the best players in this league get Wilson and tomlin on the pitch regularly and we will be in the top 6
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm

Robbiebluebird wrote:Personally I think we have the players for a play off challenge, the issue is we have 3 deep lying midfielder playing in the same team most of the time.

If Tomlin can't play, start KM and Glatzel. And have Wilson be an out snd out winger.

I would also like to see the dice rolled on Mark Harris at least from the bench. We can't get any less creative in the middle.

Agree
wez1927

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:48 pm

moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yesterday when Neil Harris announced his team v struggling Derby County, the worst home side in football, 99% of fans on here said about our team either awful team, thats it we will get beaten, we are weak, we have no chance etc etc

Some who usually shout great squad, def top 6 this season etc etc never commented.

Because Harry Wilson & Lee Tomlin were missing at the same time, there was uproar.

Now our main player as some say, Harry Wilson was out injured, well this could happen more this season or even he might need resting etc

We are not a one man team and never should be.

As to Lee Tomlin, from the day Tomlin signed for us, he has never ever been consistent and we can never rely on him, top quality on his day, but plays about 1 in 3 or 4 games for us.
Tomlin, attitude? injury prone and soon gets unfit and over weight.

Kieffer Moore started and for me the bargain of the season, consistent,reliable,quality and scored his 3rd goal :thumbright: :bluebird:

SO WHAT I AM ASKING IS FROM EVERY POSTER ON HERE TO ANSWER?

' 4 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER / YES OR NO OR LONGER ANSWERS '

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR?

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON?

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS?

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER?

Derby have the worst home record after 4 games for goodness sake! You really seem to have a problem with Harris and use every opportunity to try and undermine him. It's your forum so you can do what you like. But why not use your position of influence to put a positive spin on things?

What with lockdown stuff on here, BLM stuff on here and so much negativity about the football it's such a f*cking miserable place. But I'm addicted :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol:

So their last 5 home Championship games 5 defeats in a row and no goals scored is not to be mentioned? , if that was us, Neil Harris would of been hung drawn and quartered.

Oops on their 6 home game they scored and got their first home point v us.

Funny how Sky Sports mentioned it at least 10 times last night and BBC 4 times.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Reply FB
Attachments
999EE634-53B0-4A21-866A-ED8D78BF4E98.png
999EE634-53B0-4A21-866A-ED8D78BF4E98.png (596.79 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
74395CD7-B633-4BF7-92C8-752EEA113892.png
74395CD7-B633-4BF7-92C8-752EEA113892.png (650.77 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
2468662D-487A-4EF0-8416-D1A16AD4C848.png
2468662D-487A-4EF0-8416-D1A16AD4C848.png (697.5 KiB) Viewed 1252 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:24 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
4C46545B-24B3-442F-A7D9-6058AE716C9E.jpeg
4C46545B-24B3-442F-A7D9-6058AE716C9E.jpeg (279.33 KiB) Viewed 1229 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby cardiff 74 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm

If our squad ain’t big enough we’ shouldn’t have let Patterson go yes there are a few players who are very much alike perhaps they should have bought a top quality midfielder something different to what we already have .even though we got another point at Derby last night that makes three draws on the trot we are only fours points of the play off spot all we need is a couple of wins and we will be right in the mix
cardiff 74

Postby Ketteringblues » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm

How anyone can give a 'yes' to any of those questions is beyond my comprehension.
The team is struggling as we are simply not good enough to play Fulham's pass and move brand of football. We play hot fecking potato. I'm struggling to remember seeing another City side who give away possession as easily as this team does. Answers on a postcard. I'm thinking possibly Slade, but that might be doing even him a disservice!
Last night we looked lethargic, our passing was sloppy and amateur at times. Bennett, Ralls, Vaulks and Bacuna were are guilty of this on numerous occasions. How many times did our wingers take the fullback on, get to the byline and actually cross it for Moore? Moore tries his best but he can't do it on his own surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders. Not sure what's happened to Jnr? Quite why he's still getting picked. Whyte must be ready to stick his head in the oven.
The only positive I can think of is small mercies for Harris that there are no fans present, as just like the bloody kneeling, this sideways/backwards shit has got to end!!
Ketteringblues

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:01 pm

They are some very good questions and ones I hope VT, KC and Mehmet are asking themselves

My answers are as follows:

According to Wikipedia we have a first team squad of 25 players
of those I would say the following are genuine 1st teamers capable of gaining promotion
2 x GK - (Not Joe Day)
8 x DF
9 x MF
3 x FW - (Not Isaac or Mark Harris)

So, insofar as numbers is concerned, yes I think we have enough numbers - the question, as follows, are those numbers filled with the right people

I think it is definately better than last season - however it is no where near as good as Leeds team last year and that is where we need to strive to.

If we want promotion our squad needs to match (or better) WBA and Leeds and have a goalscorer to match Mitrovic/Bamford.

We do have quality players. But we have too many players who (a) Sometimes have good games (b) sometimes have bad games - and the problem is, when you only have 6/7 having a good game your bring the whole side down to average

What we need is 11 players on the field who will guarantee you a good game.

The very fact that we go into games not knowing whether a particular player is going to have a good game or a bad game worries me. It worries me a lot. If Bielsa was on the sidelines I believe every one of our players would give 200% every game. I like Neil Harris but liking a manager does not get you promotion.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:How anyone can give a 'yes' to any of those questions is beyond my comprehension.
The team is struggling as we are simply not good enough to play Fulham's pass and move brand of football. We play hot fecking potato. I'm struggling to remember seeing another City side who give away possession as easily as this team does. Answers on a postcard. I'm thinking possibly Slade, but that might be doing even him a disservice!
Last night we looked lethargic, our passing was sloppy and amateur at times. Bennett, Ralls, Vaulks and Bacuna were are guilty of this on numerous occasions. How many times did our wingers take the fullback on, get to the byline and actually cross it for Moore? Moore tries his best but he can't do it on his own surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders. Not sure what's happened to Jnr? Quite why he's still getting picked. Whyte must be ready to stick his head in the oven.
The only positive I can think of is small mercies for Harris that there are no fans present, as just like the bloody kneeling, this sideways/backwards shit has got to end!!

We’ve taken Tutu, the Croat defender, Ojo, Wilson, charlton keeper and Moore
We’ve let go - Etheridge, Paterson, flint, Ward

You don’t think we’ve got better players in than out?

I don’t think we’ve got a big enough squad by 2-3 players but if we’re being fair and honest, surely the players coming in are better quality.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:57 pm

No
No
Yes
No
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:04 pm

It's still early days this season but last night's game against a poor and predictable Derby Snowcaps certainly ensured this type of debate/questioning would ensue...

Derby have won ONE game this season to date and could/might have added that last night; all down to providing them with the one piece of ammunition they have used to great effect this season, i.e. the free kick on the edge of the area!

But to answer the questions...

Not for me, but I think we will improve from our current position to grab a position close to or in the play-offs

I would have to say yes with the particular additions of Moore, Wilson and the ever improving Ojo

Not particularly and this is where Neil Harris was either 'lucky' or 'selected' (I think the latter) by inheriting a squad that can play to his preferred method, which is to absorb and counter-attack. Any 'flair 'players are lacking and pretty much restricted to Tomlin and Wilson; both of who we are lucky to have when fit!

Jury out but I wonder if last season's end was a lucky one? Harris seems to have been found out a little but I wonder if the side (not his fault) giving away daft first goals in a game puts pressure on q team that rarely scores more than one?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:06 pm

The squad definitely has more quality but not as much fight

The squad is big enough if used correctly

Any decent manager would get a team from this squad top 6 easily and probably top two with a half decent January window

Harris is the problem because he has a safety first approach and only allows us to play once we go behind
thomasblue

Postby valleyrambill » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Sadly after watching us this season I fear we are as high as we will get , against Derby we looked a mid championship side at best.

Sad as with Moore and Harry Wilson I thought we might get top 6 but something is missing our midfield is lacking big time

Unless we change and I really hope Harris can us going but I would say No to each of the 4 questions
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby moonboots » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yesterday when Neil Harris announced his team v struggling Derby County, the worst home side in football, 99% of fans on here said about our team either awful team, thats it we will get beaten, we are weak, we have no chance etc etc

Some who usually shout great squad, def top 6 this season etc etc never commented.

Because Harry Wilson & Lee Tomlin were missing at the same time, there was uproar.

Now our main player as some say, Harry Wilson was out injured, well this could happen more this season or even he might need resting etc

We are not a one man team and never should be.

As to Lee Tomlin, from the day Tomlin signed for us, he has never ever been consistent and we can never rely on him, top quality on his day, but plays about 1 in 3 or 4 games for us.
Tomlin, attitude? injury prone and soon gets unfit and over weight.

Kieffer Moore started and for me the bargain of the season, consistent,reliable,quality and scored his 3rd goal :thumbright: :bluebird:

SO WHAT I AM ASKING IS FROM EVERY POSTER ON HERE TO ANSWER?

' 4 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER / YES OR NO OR LONGER ANSWERS '

Derby have the worst home record after 4 games for goodness sake! You really seem to have a problem with Harris and use every opportunity to try and undermine him. It's your forum so you can do what you like. But why not use your position of influence to put a positive spin on things?

What with lockdown stuff on here, BLM stuff on here and so much negativity about the football it's such a f*cking miserable place. But I'm addicted :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol:

So their last 5 home Championship games 5 defeats in a row and no goals scored is not to be mentioned? , if that was us, Neil Harris would of been hung drawn and quartered.

Oops on their 6 home game they scored and got their first home point v us.

Funny how Sky Sports mentioned it at least 10 times last night and BBC 4 times.

Football throws up results like that. Just because they lost 5 on the trot it doesn't mean they will continue to lose at home. They were bound to get a draw or a win sooner or later. Come on.....you've seen similar things in the past. It doesn't mean Cardiff are a bad team or Harris is a bad manager just because we only drew at Derby. Their goal was a worldly...we hit the woodwork twice. We should have won but didn't.

You don't like Harris and you are using your influence on your own forum to whip up anti Harris sentiment. You do the same with Tan. That's fine..it's up to you. But if we got rid of Harris now, where do we go from there? We gamble on a new manager who would take 3 or 4 windows to ship put Harris's players and replace them with his own. Where does the money come from? No parachute payments next season!

Personally I think he did a really good job last season. We've got a few new players to bed in and have been unlucky with injuries. I don't think top two is viable because Bournemouth and Watford have such big squads full of premier league quality, but I think we'll be in and around the play off once again. If we don't that is the time to change the manager, but I can't see it being a big name with £millions to spend. It would need to be done on the cheap with someone who knows the freebie and loan market. No guarantee of success and could take many, many years to yet to where we want to go.
moonboots

Postby Bluebina » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:24 am

Yes it should be, of course when any team has a terrible run of injuries it will affect them (three fullbacks out at once) but you can't have four players for every position.

Miles better, donkeys out, Stallions in, no comparison.

Yes it's much better than last season!

Hmmmmm Not sure, I guess we will see in the next few months when he gets some players back fit and firing?

HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE FORGOTTEN THERE IS A COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND NO CROWDS IN THE GROUND THAT MAYBE BE CHANGING THE DYNAMIC OF FOOTBALL WITH SOME TEAMS AFFECTED MORE THAN OTHERS?

Yes I haven't seen that mentioned, but some of the results in the Premier League and Championship have been very freaky.

It must be tough being a Manager being assessed on standard terms, when there were no pre-seasons, covid training restrictions, no crowd atmosphere, basically everything has changed a lot, and with the new changes, some managers and teams may have learned to cope with it better and gain a small advantage?

Where the hell have Reading come from to lead the Championship by 6 points ???
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Bluebina wrote:IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR?

Yes it should be, of course when any team has a terrible run of injuries it will affect them (three fullbacks out at once) but you can't have four players for every position.

Hmmmmm Not sure, I guess we will see in the next few months when he gets some players back fit and firing?

HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE FORGOTTEN THERE IS A COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND NO CROWDS IN THE GROUND THAT MAYBE BE CHANGING THE DYNAMIC OF FOOTBALL WITH SOME TEAMS AFFECTED MORE THAN OTHERS?

Yes I haven't seen that mentioned, but some of the results in the Premier League and Championship have been very freaky.

It must be tough being a Manager being assessed on standard terms, when there were no pre-seasons, covid training restrictions, no crowd atmosphere, basically everything has changed a lot, and with the new changes, some managers and teams may have learned to cope with it better and gain a small advantage?

Reading recruited good young foreign players couple seasons ago coupled with foreign manager it maybe coming to fruition now..
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Reading recruited good young foreign players couple seasons ago coupled with foreign manager it maybe coming to fruition now..

OK cheers slipped under the radar a bit maybe, but early days lets see what happens :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby bluesince62 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Barclay1 wrote:No
No
Yes
No

Strange how you answer no to three of the 4 questions, yet say yes to a squad full of quality!! Please enlighten us to these"quality" players you think we have,as most would disagree with a squad full!!
bluesince62

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:16 pm

Well if you look at last season we had big players like Paterson and Danny Ward, in this season we have got Glatzel and Moore up front which is never a bad thing if your tactic is to do the long ball but what I have an issue with is that we need a mobile striker who puts pressure on the opposition. Its not all bad because Moore is a solid signing and we got youngsters like Wilson, Ojo and Tutu to help him out with the goals.

Its always tricky to answer because of the whole Covid situation, i mean we played our best football when the season resumed so I guess they are still similar to each other, the new players need to keep on gelling together within games and eventually if we go on a purple patch where we keep scoring goals and winning then it would be better but at the moment they are the same if anything this seasons team are better in terms of quality. I mean we lost like 2 or 3 games at home last season so its always hard compare teams.

Apart from the youngsters that we loaned in then you would say that on paper we are a good quality team but when you rely on the youngsters to produce the magic then yeah our team is full of quality. With Smithies, Morrison, Tomlin(Even Though He Never Plays) and even Glatzel who shone the end of last season. So even without the additions we had a quality team and with the additions we should be doing better. But injuries are hindering us.

Neil Harris is a solid manager who done wonders for Millwall and even though we are yet to hit the golden period where we keep winning, I have no doubt he will get this team up the table. I think we need 1 or 2 more players though in January to sort the midfield out and get a winger to replace Hoilett who keeps starting game for no reason. So with all this it just takes time to adjust to life without the fans without the atmosphere and so on but regardless of all this I still believe in Neil Harris as our manager throughout this season. Just need the midfield sorted out and maybe bring in a youngster from the academy who plays as a winger to replace Hoilett.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? Yes

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? Just

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? Some quality

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER? Maybe, I can see us getting better as the season goes on
Tony Blue Williams

Postby wez1927 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? Yes

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? Just

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? Some quality

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER? Maybe, I can see us getting better as the season goes on

Totally agree with you ,we will get better once the team gel
wez1927

Postby Bluebina » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Maybe covid has helped them in some way also?

Shit fans so maybe they are missing them less?

Possibly a young team playing with more confidence, because there are no fans and less pressure?

Maybe they are better prepared to deal with the changes or something? I don't know, I just know that some of the results are strange, and some teams are doing much better than expected and some are worse, I would expect this to be short-lived, and that over the season things will settle down and the best teams squads will rise to the top like they always do.
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Possibly a young team playing with more confidence, because there are no fans and less pressure?

Maybe they are better prepared to deal with the changes or something? I don't know, I just know that some of the results are strange, and some teams are doing much better than expected and some are worse, I would expect this to be short-lived, and that over the season things will settle down and the best teams squads will rise to the top like they always do.

Well they are losing 2-1 to Coventry tbh it should be more as Coventry missed 2 simple chances whilst reading haven't had any even the goal was opportunistic shot.. so the reaction to city is ott as tonights game shows
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Well they are losing 2-1 to Coventry tbh it should be more as Coventry missed 2 simple chances whilst reading haven't had any even the goal was opportunistic shot.. so the reaction to city is ott as tonights game shows

3-1 :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

3-1 :laughing6:

3-2 with 2 mins of added time left :shock:

Full time 3-2 :old:
pembroke allan

Postby EastleighBlue » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Reading remind me of the City team of 2006. We were running away with it at the start of the season then the wheels came off. Let's see if Reading can go the distance like that City team.
As for the current team, no, yes, yes, yes (just). We are in transition. Patience is waring thin but Tomlin and Wilson will make a difference to this team.
EastleighBlue

Previous

Return to General Chat