" So some big questions & honest answers please? "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:45 am

Yesterday when Neil Harris announced his team v struggling Derby County, the worst home side in football, 99% of fans on here said about our team either awful team, thats it we will get beaten, we are weak, we have no chance etc etc

Some who usually shout great squad, def top 6 this season etc etc never commented.

Because Harry Wilson & Lee Tomlin were missing at the same time, there was uproar.

Now our main player as some say, Harry Wilson was out injured, well this could happen more this season or even he might need resting etc

We are not a one man team and never should be.

As to Lee Tomlin, from the day Tomlin signed for us, he has never ever been consistent and we can never rely on him, top quality on his day, but plays about 1 in 3 or 4 games for us.
Tomlin, attitude? injury prone and soon gets unfit and over weight.

Kieffer Moore started and for me the bargain of the season, consistent,reliable,quality and scored his 3rd goal :thumbright: :bluebird:

SO WHAT I AM ASKING IS FROM EVERY POSTER ON HERE TO ANSWER?

' 4 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER / YES OR NO OR LONGER ANSWERS '

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR?

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON?

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS?

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER?
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1252890328-2.jpg
0_GettyImages-1252890328-2.jpg (51.48 KiB) Viewed 4614 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " So some big questions & honest answers please? "

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am

Sat Sept 5th Northampton Town 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: League Cup 1st rd. :cry: :cry:

Sat Sep 12 CARDIFF CITY 0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2 :cry: :cry:

Sky Sports Sat Sep 19 Nottingham Forest 0 Cardiff City 2 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Sep 26 CARDIFF CITY 1 READING 2 :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 03 Blackburn Rovers 0 Cardiff City 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sky Sports Sunday 12pm Oct 18 Preston North End 0 Cardiff City 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 21 CARDIFF CITY 1 AFC BOURNEMOUTH 1

Sat Oct 24 CARDIFF CITY 1 MIDDLESBROUGH 1

Wed Oct 28 Derby County 1 Cardiff City 1

Sat Oct 31 Queens Park Rangers v Cardiff City

Tue Nov 03 BARNSLEY H

Friday 6th Nov 6pm Kick off
Cardiff City vs. Bristol City has been selected for sky tv earning Cardiff City £130,000 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 21 Millwall A

Wed Nov 25 Coventry City A

Sat Nov 28 LUTON TOWN H

Tue Dec 01 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN H
Sat Dec 05 Watford A
Tue Dec 08 Stoke City A
Sat Dec 12 SWANSEA CITY H
Attachments
049BF323-BF76-4303-BF7F-D30850901A34.jpeg
049BF323-BF76-4303-BF7F-D30850901A34.jpeg (292.95 KiB) Viewed 4591 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pengamblue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 am

4 no from me annis, but as a city fan for 40yrs will support the club through thick and thin keep the faith m8
pengamblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 am

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? No

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? No

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? No

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER? Deserved the chance but I can not see him being manager for long now.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:58 am

No
Yes
No
No
Honest answers Annis. Some I’d say ‘not sure’ particularly on is our squad better, but the options were only yes or no.
We definitely don’t have enough footballers with pace and too many of our players aren’t particularly comfortable on the ball. Like you, I want the best for my club but if I put my head on the block I’d say we’d end up between 12th and 8th.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 pm

Think you could add ‘has our squad got strength in depth’
Definitely NO for that, particularly in certain positions - right back.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby valleymodeller » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm

I think the point about Tomlin is very valid. He cannot be relied on to play regularly, he is withe suspended, unfit or injured. We need a player like him, not him, but younger and more consistent.

Interesting that he played out of his skin and was awarded a new improved contract, and since then has faded.
valleymodeller

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:07 pm

valleymodeller wrote:I think the point about Tomlin is very valid. He cannot be relied on to play regularly, he is withe suspended, unfit or injured. We need a player like him, not him, but younger and more consistent.

Interesting that he played out of his skin and was awarded a new improved contract, and since then has faded.

I understand lots of your points mate but I think he’s been good when on the pitch tbf
bluebirdoct1962

Postby kimble » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:23 pm

NO
NO BECAUSE ITS NOT BIG ENOUGH
NO
He doesn t seem to be getting the best out of them and for that , i don t think he will last , unless there is a miracously turnaround..but we seem to lack pace , quality and sometimes desire

It summed it up for me last night with Ralls sloppy wayward pass which resulted in their goal...then as if we hadn t learned some minutes later Bennett did the same which we were very lucky to get away with.

Solanke s goal ...Morrison just let him run pass him

There are too many errors all over the pitch.
kimble

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Replies on FB:
Attachments
48ADBE39-A416-4BC2-9C1C-278BA8E1235A.jpeg
48ADBE39-A416-4BC2-9C1C-278BA8E1235A.jpeg (224.17 KiB) Viewed 4324 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:35 pm

They had played 3 league games at home before last night so the worst home team in the division is pretty irrelevant at this stage. As it stands we have 2 points at home, they have 1. Means nothing this early in the season.

Would a win last night or this weekend mean you answer yes to all those questions? As it only seems to be an issue when we don't win. What ever you think of the current squad, it is the squad available to Harris. He has let go of players surplus to requirements and brough in some real quality players into the starting 11. Even ojo, who was ridiculed not too long ago on here, is showing he's a decent addition to the team.

This squad is capable of a top 6 finish, as we shown last season, but think promotion is still out of reach. Last seasons success was largely down to Tomlin, take him out the team and we wouldn't have finished anywhere near the top 6. We are unlucky at the moment to have wilson, Tomlin and tutu out as they all significantly improve the team. The outcome of this season probably rests on the availability of Tomlin and wilson, as we hardly create anything with them out of the team, and whether Harris can find a balanced way to play when those players arnt available.
Escott1927

Postby fred keenor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:03 pm

Harris shapes the squad, Harris picks the team.

Shocking that we went into the season with just 1 RB , inexperienced as he is and a wonderful talent, relying on no dedicated back up is poor judgement.

For me, Harris instills no confidence unfortunately.

Watching us at present is like Slade and Trollope team rolled into one, ie doubly boring

Plus side Harris is lucky he has no supporters in the ground.
fred keenor

Postby oxfordblue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yesterday when Neil Harris announced his team v struggling Derby County, the worst home side in football, 99% of fans on here said about our team either awful team, thats it we will get beaten, we are weak, we have no chance etc etc

Some who usually shout great squad, def top 6 this season etc etc never commented.

Because Harry Wilson & Lee Tomlin were missing at the same time, there was uproar.

Now our main player as some say, Harry Wilson was out injured, well this could happen more this season or even he might need resting etc

As to Lee Tomlin, from the day Tomlin signed for us, he has never ever been consistent and we can never rely on him, top quality on his day, but plays about 1 in 3 or 4 games for us.

Kieffer Moore started and for me the bargain of the season, consistent,reliable,quality and scored his 3rd goal :thumbright: :bluebird:

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? no
need another right back and 2 quality midfielders

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? yes

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? yes some but not enough for promotion

no
oxfordblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Replies FB:
Attachments
9DC4E46E-D5A7-4A15-8E7B-C4B8E0D805D7.png
9DC4E46E-D5A7-4A15-8E7B-C4B8E0D805D7.png (629.09 KiB) Viewed 3924 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:34 pm

S NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR?
Yes, far too many players were sitting on their arse last year picking up a salary without ever hitting the pitch.

Moore, Wilson, Tutu and Ojo are certainly upgrade on Ward, Paterson,Peltier- Maybe not so NML but that wasn't really a decision

There are always squads with superior players that don't get promoted, its all about the sum of the parts rather than just the parts

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT SQUAD?
On paper Warnock lite made sense, but he hasn't really shown me anything that says he is the difference maker. He is just going through the motions.
Professional football is all about the money, the higher the wages the better the team

If you have the highest wages and a good manager you may make it
If you have the highest wages and an average manager you'll probably blow it
If you have the highest wages and a poor manager you will blow it
If you have average wages and an average manager you won't make it
If you have average wages and an exceptional manager you may make it

I doubt we can compete with Bournmouth, Watford or Norwhich we blew opportunity that last season.

So no, he hasn't shown anything that tells me he can make this group tick
Last edited by llan bluebird on Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llan bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Squad easily good enough not sure we can play, pack,vaulks,ralls in midfield together ,I would go 442 tbh
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:40 pm

fred keenor wrote:Harris shapes the squad, Harris picks the team.

Shocking that we went into the season with just 1 RB , inexperienced as he is and a wonderful talent, relying on no dedicated back up is poor judgement.

Watching us at present is like Slade and Trollope team rolled into one, ie doubly boring

Stop panicking it’s early days!Bacona is our back up right back, he has played there in Premier League with Villa and Reading and had a good game last night? Nelson is other who can play there! We finished 5th last season and we can easily repeat that as we have a better squad this season! Ojo better than Laing,Moore better than Patterson, Wilson better than unfit Tomlin and Phillips a good back up keeper.Keep the faith until Christmas, if we’re not in the top 6 by Christmas, Tan will replace Harris and you and your friends will be happy!
HarriRhys22

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:44 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:

Stop panicking it’s early days!Bacona is our back up right back, he has played there in Premier League with Villa and Reading and had a good game last night? Nelson is other who can play there! We finished 5th last season and we can easily repeat that as we have a better squad this season! Ojo better than Laing,Moore better than Patterson, Wilson better than unfit Tomlin and Phillips a good back up keeper.Keep the faith until Christmas, if we’re not in the top 6 by Christmas, Tan will replace Harris and you and your friends will be happy!

Good post
wez1927

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:Squad easily good enough not sure we can play, pack,vaulks,ralls in midfield together ,I would go 442 tbh

At the start of the season i thought Bacuna, vaulks & Ralls would be great. Hit it long to Keiffer with Wilson and Murphy (probably Ojo) on his shoulder, if Kieffer doesn't win the ball one of the two slightly more advanced midfielders will be first to the ball to recycle. Bennett and Tutu providing real width with Bacuna just sitting back to sweep in front of the centre halfs.
Relentless, oppressive football. whenever there is an opportunity let Bacuna walk out with the ball if the opposition sits back too deep, then start again.

Keep the front three high and hit on the break. We don't score enough goals because we don't try to score more than one. At corners leave two smaller players on the half way line, they have to keep 4 back to cover.....Be more aggressive !!!!!!!
llan bluebird

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:46 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:

I honestly think some people would prefer us to fail just so Harris goes.
Escott1927

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Squad easily good enough not sure we can play, pack,vaulks,ralls in midfield together ,I would go 442 tbh

At the start of the season i thought Bacuna, vaulks & Ralls would be great. Hit it long to Keiffer with Wilson and Murphy (probably Ojo) on his shoulder, if Kieffer doesn't win the ball one of the two slightly more advanced midfielders will be first to the ball to recycle. Bennett and Tutu providing real width with Bacuna just sitting back to sweep in front of the centre halfs.
Relentless, oppressive football. whenever there is an opportunity let Bacuna walk out with the ball if the opposition sits back too deep, then start again.

Keep the front three high and hit on the break. We don't score enough goals because we don't try to score more than one. At corners leave two smaller players on the half way line, they have to keep 4 back to cover.....Be more aggressive !!!!!!!

I would like ojo as a number 10 Wilson and Murphy on the wings snd vaulks and ralls in the middle
Last edited by wez1927 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wez1927

Postby Wardy64 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:56 pm

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? No. One right back says it all.

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? No.

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? No. Midfielders are poor. Ralls, Vaulks, Pack not good enough and to slow. Bacuna needs to be in midfield to allow Wilson and Tomlin the room and time to create.

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER? Don't know. But a look at Millwall with relatively the same squad suggests NH is a midtable manager at best.

I will own up to wanting Bellamy when Warnock finished so my thinking might skewed.
Wardy64

Postby Wardy64 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:56 pm

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? No. One right back says it all.

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? No.

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? No. Midfielders are poor. Ralls, Vaulks, Pack not good enough and to slow. Bacuna needs to be in midfield to allow Wilson and Tomlin the room and time to create.

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT MANAGER? Don't know. But a look at Millwall with relatively the same squad suggests NH is a midtable manager at best.

I will own up to wanting Bellamy when Warnock finished so my thinking might skewed.
Wardy64

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:

Thats quite common thing for our supporters hoping players club managers to fail just so can say told you so.... we've played 8 games and whilst performances leaves something to be desired swap away for home results and we wouldn't be having such ridiculous statements .... teams are going to suffer more than any other season with the demands put on them time will tell if we got squad to challenge promotion.
pembroke allan

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:

Sadly,i think you are spot on there! Some will be pleased to say "I told you so".why all these questions beats me,as its obvious sadly,some of our fans seem to wish failure upon him,and ultimately our team.for me its still a transition period,in what has become exceptional times.me? Ill give it at least another 6 games,then maybe pass judgment, but i will say,we dont have enough quality in depth,but all managers were working with one hand tied behind their backs financially,no different for harris? He was hardly going to be given a huge war chest,as were the other clubs! (Still 4th highest spenders though).
bluesince62

Postby theclaw » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:15 pm

No
Yes
No
Yes
theclaw

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:44 pm

So Wez, if we fail then your saying it will be down to Harris then as he has the players ?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby moonboots » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:

Certainly looks like that.
moonboots

Postby Igovernor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:55 pm

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR? NO

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BETTER THAN LAST SEASON? NO on the showing so far

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD FULL OF QUALITY PLAYERS? NO

IS NEIL HARRIS THE RIGHT MANAGER TO GET THE BEST OUT OF THIS CURRENT TEAM? decide this one after another 10 games
Igovernor

Postby moonboots » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yesterday when Neil Harris announced his team v struggling Derby County, the worst home side in football, 99% of fans on here said about our team either awful team, thats it we will get beaten, we are weak, we have no chance etc etc

IS NEIL HARRIS SQUAD BIG ENOUGH FOR PROMOTION THIS YEAR?

Derby have the worst home record after 4 games for goodness sake! You really seem to have a problem with Harris and use every opportunity to try and undermine him. It's your forum so you can do what you like. But why not use your position of influence to put a positive spin on things?

What with lockdown stuff on here, BLM stuff on here and so much negativity about the football it's such a f*cking miserable place. But I'm addicted :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :lol:
moonboots

Next

Return to General Chat