Big decision in January

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big decision in January

Postby Wade Wilson86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 pm

So the burning question is - Do we keep Harris and trust him to turn things around, giving him some spending power in January. Or, do we bring someone else in and put full faith in them?

To note -

- He changed our away fortunes.
- His signings have been fairly successful.
- However, as Warnock put it - we still play the same way. Not much has changed.

We can all agree that things need to change, ASAP.

What needs to happen???
Wade Wilson86

Big decision in January

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Big decision in January

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:09 pm

Wade Wilson86 wrote:So the burning question is - Do we keep Harris and trust him to turn things around, giving him some spending power in January. Or, do we bring someone else in and put full faith in them?

To note -

- However, as Warnock put it - we still play the same way. Not much has changed.

What needs to happen???

Still a lot of games to play before January and unless we are in danger of relegation, I can't see him going anywhere.

He needs to find a balanced way to play when Tomlin and wilson arnt available. Because at the moment our current CBs and midfield are not good enough to play the way he wants.
Escott1927

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
Wade Wilson86 wrote:So the burning question is - Do we keep Harris and trust him to turn things around, giving him some spending power in January. Or, do we bring someone else in and put full faith in them?

To note -

What needs to happen???

Still a lot of games to play before January and unless we are in danger of relegation, I can't see him going anywhere.

He needs to find a balanced way to play when Tomlin and wilson arnt available. Because at the moment our current CBs and midfield are not good enough to play the way he wants.

Yep, midfield is a weakness particularly when we're having to use Bacuna as a full back.

Ralls and Pack simply aren't mobile enough and we can only play one of them otherwise we get overrun. On form Pack has to play and Ralls should be back-up.
piledriver64

Postby moonboots » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:10 pm

To note -

What needs to happen???

Let's wait and see. Plenty of time to go yet. Let's face it, he did really well last season. He's started to ship out some of Warnock's players and bring in some of his own. I disagree with people who say our style hasn't changed. Our game time possession is rising. We had 56% at Derby. That would have been unheard of under Warnock (who I am not criticising, as he did wonders for us). Last night we conceded from a brilliant free kick, scored a good equaliser and hit the woodwork twice.
We still lack a bit of creativity in the final third but we are yet to see Wilson and Tomlin together.
I don't see us making automatic promotion as Watford and Bournemouth have big squads full of premier league quality but I wouldn't rule out another top 6 finish. However, we will need a bit of luck with injuries as our squad is a bit thin in places.
moonboots

Postby Wade Wilson86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Not to compare us to Giggs’ Wales but I really wish we’d invest in youth.

I’d love to see some player in their late teens early 20s either signed or coming from grass roots.

If he could just adjust the style and keep the ball on the floor. The ‘big man upfront’ is just so outdated and stale.

OJo can really help us adjust our style.

Some of the runs Kiether does sometimes you can see that he to doesn’t want the ball in the air but to his feet. He does some really good fleeting runs but we fail to see it.

I just think if we’re bottom half of the table come Christmas we really need to get someone new in and maybe sign off this season as a loss and re-group next year. A bit like Reading.

I know it’s early stages of the league but I’m not seeing anything new from City.

One of the most annoying things about City being on Sky Sports is the pundits always harp on about airial threat, like we’re some one trick pony.

I want to see change. But the passion Neil has is quite infectious. He’s a good talker.

A lot of Millwall fans weren’t too bothered when he went. I don’t think we’d be either. We’d miss him more then Slade of course. But reaching the playoffs isn’t an achievement. Loosing in the final is.
Wade Wilson86

Postby fred keenor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm

This our last season of parachute payments.

Get this season wrong and its a long way back for the club.

We need faith in a manager and give him time to develop the youngsters.

Bellamy it should have been last time.

Go get him while we can.
fred keenor

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:11 pm

fred keenor wrote:This our last season of parachute payments.

Get this season wrong and its a long way back for the club.

We need faith in a manager and give him time to develop the youngsters.

Bellamy it should have been last time.

Go get him while we can.

Bellamy has less experience at managing than harris!! Just because he was a top player,it doesn't always mean they can manage,my turkish team beşiktaş have appointed one of the fans heroes in sergen yalcin,shit hot player,but so far he isnt convincingly transferring that as their manager in the same way,fans already calling for his head!!
bluesince62

Postby montyblue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Its our style of play way to defensive plain and simple
And its showing panic setting in and we are loosing and forgetting how to play attacking football and we look bloody awful to watch
Looking at brentford and leeds last season stood out a mile attack attack free flowing style is it foreign managers wonder how we would fare under a spanish manager rather than warnock 2.
montyblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:34 pm

To note -

What needs to happen???

If we’re in top 8-10 and within grasp of top 6 we should keep him, if not then I’m afraid it will be bye bye as Dalmatia said that we should be top 6 by Xmas.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Wade Wilson86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:44 pm

montyblue wrote:Its our style of play way to defensive plain and simple
And its showing panic setting in and we are loosing and forgetting how to play attacking football and we look bloody awful to watch
Looking at brentford and leeds last season stood out a mile attack attack free flowing style is it foreign managers wonder how we would fare under a spanish manager rather than warnock 2.

I was thinking something similar. I genuinely couldn’t imagine some Spaniard or Portuguese manager coming in and changing how we play. It would be incredible though. You don’t need to spend big to have a free flowing team. I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure academies all over the world aren’t telling young kids to ‘kick the ball high up the field, there’ll be a tall guy waiting to head it on’.
Wade Wilson86

Postby thomasblue » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:29 pm

He has the players

He just doesn't have the balls to send them out to attack and always reverts to safety first

The build up players shit until we go behind and the players switch it up second half

He is not the right man for the job in my opinion. A good manager wouldnt be 12 points adrift of top place at this stage of the season with this squad of players
thomasblue

Return to General Chat