A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: ' LEE TOMLIN / BAD NEWS AGAIN '

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:08 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Annis, this is what I was afraid of; the 'Bash Street Kids' making an appearance at the earliest opportunity... :oops:

He's still our player and few on here demanded he was released or not given a new contract when he was the catalyst for our promotion push last season

Players get injured, it's footballing life and we really need to get behind them when they are recovering :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Spot on Chris and who listens to Fakebook anyway?

Posts like ... ‘get rid’ etc make me laugh. And then they moan of the wages he’s on but unless you pay good wages you won’t get good players but still these people can’t see that and still moan!. It’s like ok let’s just ask a player to leave, let’s get rid!!

He’s been carrying and playing through an injury for a long time quite likely with the insistence of the club.
Players get injured, some more than others. Unfortunate but just get on with it.

I agree you pay good wages and get the likes of Peter Whittingham hardly ever injured and was a class player.

Tomlin couldn’t tie his boot laces that’s a fact. He will stay until his contract runs out and I’d put money on it he won’t get another one. Neither will Vassel.

Lots of players get injured especially from contact but the latter 2 get them from trying to run hmmm sounds familiar

I agree that Tomlin is nowhere near the player that Whitt’s was but if you get injuries it’s not Tomlins fault!
Look around, some players have always been more susceptible to injuries than others. It just a fact of life and nothing can be done about it.

I doubt Tomlin wants to be laying on an operating table undergoing surgery.

I agree with all your sentiments on that I’m only pointing out that things are changing and the likes of these consistent injuries on certain players will lead to them not getting clubs.

It’s unfortunate that Tomlin has not helped himself in the past with being overweight etc.

It’ll take a long time for him to leave on the wages he’s on but if the club can get another player in that position I’d get him as Tomlin won’t be playing for some time even if he comes back.

Whitt’s was one of a kind the like we may never see again and it’s tragic he’s no longer with us. The only solace is that we got to see him play in his pomp. He was a gentleman to go with it.
Pulisnewport

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Neil Harris says Lee Tomlin will come out stronger the other side for the back end of this current campaign
Attachments
6454D983-E5E3-4D8E-B847-1F26E1C121E4.jpeg
6454D983-E5E3-4D8E-B847-1F26E1C121E4.jpeg (75.23 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Harris says Lee Tomlin will come out stronger the other side for the back end of this current campaign

We know better !!!!!!!!!!
Pulisnewport

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:53 pm

Tomlin featured in 36 games last season, was our top scorer and won player of the year. Based on that, he deserved his new contract. Add to that he's the only creative player in the squad. Cant blame Harris or the club for giving him a new one. How much would a player of his quality cost to replace? Pretty sure his contract was on reduced terms as well.

He probably over did it last season, with our promotion push, to pick up his injury. Sounds like he was rushed back this season as well which has just made it worse. Surely he could have had the op before the season started? Probably would have been back by now.

Him and Wilson could cause defenders all sorts of problems. Hopefully the op and recovery goes well and he's back in the team soon.
Escott1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Tomlin featured in 36 games last season, was our top scorer and won player of the year. Based on that, he deserved his new contract. Add to that he's the only creative player in the squad. Cant blame Harris or the club for giving him a new one. How much would a player of his quality cost to replace? Pretty sure his contract was on reduced terms as well.

He probably over did it last season, with our promotion push, to pick up his injury. Sounds like he was rushed back this season as well which has just made it worse. Surely he could have had the op before the season started? Probably would have been back by now.

Him and Wilson could cause defenders all sorts of problems. Hopefully the op and recovery goes well and he's back in the team soon.

Good post mate. It was on reduced terms.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby maccydee » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Tomlin featured in 36 games last season, was our top scorer and won player of the year. Based on that, he deserved his new contract. Add to that he's the only creative player in the squad. Cant blame Harris or the club for giving him a new one. How much would a player of his quality cost to replace? Pretty sure his contract was on reduced terms as well.

Not at all. We have to slate someone.

Personally I think it was the football committee to blame.
maccydee

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes I agree a good and positive post.
Makes more sense than the negative posts with the ridiculous FB jibes.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:24 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Yes I agree a good and positive post.
Makes more sense than the negative posts with the ridiculous FB jibes.

Why do we have these fb comments added?? Surely if these are fans,they could/would post on the forum? He was risked to get play off berth,now he is paying the price for the risk taken,he was injured,and rushed back too soon,as said.
bluesince62

Previous

Return to General Chat