Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock / I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:46 am

Neil Warnock reveals he was almost in I'm A Celebrity as Middlesbrough and ex-Cardiff City boss drops TV hint

The Middlesbrough manager gave a surprise response when asked about the latest edition of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

By Ian Mitchelmore

Saturday 21/11/2020

Neil Warnock has revealed he was almost in hit ITV show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

The former Cardiff City boss was asked about the popular ITV show in a press conference ahead of his Middlesbrough side's Championship clash with Norwich City.

Speaking on a Zoom call, the Yorkshireman was asked about the 2020 edition of the show, which is being staged in Wales.

The veteran boss gave a surprise response to the journalist when asked if he had been watching the show, confessing: "I was nearly in it!"

Unsurprisingly, the reporter was somewhat stunned by Warnock's reply.

But when he pressed for more information, Warnock simply responded: "Never you mind, so carry on."

The 71-year-old has refused to confirm which edition of the show he was asked to be on.

However, has hinted he could feature on the programme at some stage in his life.

"I’m not telling you when it was – it might have been two or three years ago – but I was approached," he said.

"Imagine if I’d said yes – everybody would have been voting for me wouldn’t they, to do every bloody thing?

"I know my kids would have been. My kids – Amy and William – were straight on to me saying they would be phoning every night. They were saying, ‘We’ll make sure you get those maggots, dad’.

"Will it happen in the future? Let’s play it by ear, eh."

Warnock made an impressive start to life at Boro last season and sees his side go into their clash with the Canaries in seventh place in the table.

Although, fans will no doubt have loved the opportunity to witness Warnock in action in front of the ITV cameras at Gwrych Castle.

Would Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson have been his luxury items?

Would he have turned around a demoralised camp after arriving into the show as a late entrant?

And would the ex-Bluebirds boss have remonstrated with hosts Ant and Dec if they failed to award him the maximum number of stars in a trial?

Well, who knows what the future will hold?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.