Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: BOTH SIDES LOOKED POOR /BUT OVER ALL A FAIR RESULT

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

My VIEW / OPINION:

BOTH SIDES LOOKED POOR / BUT OVER ALL A FAIR RESULT A DRAW / BUT HARRIS KNOWS HE HAS TO GET A WINNING RUN ASAP OR HE IS FOR THE AXE.

NO PROMOTION TEAMS HERE TODAY.

MiLLWALL WERE LOOKING TO END THEIR 3 MATCH WINLESS RUN, WHILST HARRIS WAS RETURNING TO HIS OLD CLUB UNDER PRESSURE TO START CLIMBING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE.

For me Moores equaliser was superb/quality and well done to Moore :bluebird: :bluebird:

Neil Harris for the AXE
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218594 :shock:

Millwall had not beaten Cardiff for 6 years and in their last 14 meetings had only beaten Cardiff once.

First-half: Millwall hardly created anything then bang 1-0 and could of then gone 2nil, Cardiff needed to up their game infront of goal.

Second-half: Cardiff had most of the possession and improved vastly from the first-half in front of goal, but also Millwall had their chances.

Cardiff need wins ASAP.

MILLWALL 1 CARDIFF CITY 1
H-T 1-0

Cardiff City 4-4-2: Smithies; Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Wilson, Pack, Ralls; Hoilett; Moore, Glatzel.
Subs: Phillips, Bamba, Bagan, Benkovic, Vaulks, Whyte, Murphy, Ojo, Harris.

The game started at a high temp and was end to end as it settled down Millwall started having more of the possesion.

35th min Millwall scored,Against the run of play but it's Millwall who went ahead! :cry: :cry:

Millwall broke and Jed Wallace dinked in a nothing ball, in between Morrison and Nelson. Smithies came for it but doesn't get there and Smith rises highest to nod home into a vacant net.

Incredibly soft goal to concede, that. Nelson and Morrison beaten to a nothing cross by Matt Smith who nods home past Alex Smithies, who was caught in no man's land after coming off his line to try and collect it,

1-0 :cry: :cry:

With in minutes then Millwall missed a sitter.

Millwall hardly created anything then bang 1-0 and could of then gone 2nil, Cardiff needed to up their game infront of goal.
Harris needed to get City to up their game.

H-T 1-0 :cry: :cry:

What a huge chance Millwall had

Jed Wallace chipped in a ball and Thompson, who was completely unmarked, ghosts in and heads from close range, but was just over the bar!

61st min Hoilett off, Ojo came on.

Cardiff had most of the possession.

Josh Murphy on for Robert Glatzel.

79th min ! What a lovely goal!
Josh Murphy played an absolute killer pass between the two centre backs and Moore, who still had it all to do, took a brilliant first touch and slotted it home. :bluebird: :bluebird:

1-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Murphy and Wilson did well, but a Millwall player kept the ball out with his foot.

Millwall then almost got the winner.

Both club went for the winner, end to end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: BOTH SIDES LOOKED POOR /BUT OVER ALL A FAIR RE

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:53 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Another case of too little

To late again! :shock:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Tbf,I thought we were the better side,the statscshow we had 60%possession, twice as many efforts,and on target,we are lacking in the final 3rd of the pitch still though,get the ball in the box,why waste the effort,only for piss poor final pass/decision making.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Another case of too little

Exactly, same old story Allan.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Yet again we were chasing a game. Appalling stats this season. The football is also pedestrian and miles away from being promotion worthy. We've rescued a point but should have come here to win. I am sick of the excuses from Harris. Hes not getting a response or any rhythm out of his team. If the club want to challenge the top six this year he must go.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Great pass for our goal

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Another case of too little

Exactly, same old story Allan.

The whole game mirrors most games this season a failure to put crosses into area and go goal down put pressure on but dont get the luck either... but said before game if plan "A" fails moore/glatzel partnership we've got nothing else to put on field later so it proved lots in box but lacked killer touch.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:08 pm

75 mins of dross again ...20 mins of football.
Put ourselves under pressure all the time.
Glatziel and Moore don’t seem to be able to play together .
Moore with Wilson is a better combination but that Harris’s choice....we looked clueless for most of the game

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Table updated:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Only started playing once Glatzel went off. That’s inexcusable management.
Could have gone either way.
City’s goal got a fortunate deflection.
Smithies and others at fault for their soft goal.
Both teams came close but only Millwall keeper had any actual work to do.
Overall no excuse for first 75 minutes incompetence
Another example of our likely mid table finish.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Updated: :bluebird:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Danny Says wrote:Only started playing once Glatzel went off. That’s inexcusable management.

Game changed when ojo came on as he ran at them forcing them back if you noticed all our attacks came from him or that side pitch that never happened upto that point.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Only started playing once Glatzel went off. That’s inexcusable management.

Game changed when ojo came on as he ran at them forcing them back if you noticed all our attacks came from him or that side pitch that never happened upto that point.

Bennett in first half had 5 decent openings but only 1 cross went past first man.
In last 15 minutes we had plenty of openings down both sides but the final ball and/or finishing in the box not good enough.
A top assist by Murphy who so nearly doubled it when Wilson went so close.
To me that concludes the wrong starting X1

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Replies FB:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Replies FB:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:09 pm

Danny Says wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Bennett in first half had 5 decent openings but only 1 cross went past first man.
In last 15 minutes we had plenty of openings down both sides but the final ball and/or finishing in the box not good enough.

Not sure its wrong starting x1 it's more the mentality of Harris going out not to lose today is typical of teams performance under Harris that's why we have best drawing record in championship this season and last! We play two strikers but fail to put any balls in middle for them instead play football between halfway and edge of opposition pen area. :shock:

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not sure its wrong starting x1 it's more the mentality of Harris going out not to lose today is typical of teams performance under Harris that's why we have best drawing record in championship this season and last! We play two strikers but fail to put any balls in middle for them instead play football between halfway and edge of opposition pen area. :shock:

Last 2 games we’ve dominated them but conceded 2 so soft goals, always then playing catch up.
Against Barnsley & Forest went 1 up early and goodnight Vienna.
It’s frustrating watching them for sure

Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:21 am

i agree..it clearly wasnt happening and the changes were far too late...and im beginning to wonder if there is pressure to play Glatzel.

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:31 am

skidemin wrote:

i agree..it clearly wasnt happening and the changes were far too late...and im beginning to wonder if there is pressure to play Glatzel.

Well if there is pressure, it's not having an effect,as Moore has started the major games.that said,Smithies will be pulling his hair out at his error,but cannot slate his effort so far,one had to happen I suppose. :old: :bluebird: