Crypto currency

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Crypto currency

Postby Bluebina » Tue May 04, 2021 10:50 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Dont reject the revolution out of fear or lack of knowledge, educate yourself and become a part of it :bluescarf:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... revolution

Ok give us some tips and predictions then going forward, and what platforms trading sites do you use?
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue May 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Can we have a nice easy Homer Simpson type step by step process please?
Big Hill Blue

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 20, 2021 11:17 am

Bluebina wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:Dont reject the revolution out of fear or lack of knowledge, educate yourself and become a part of it :bluescarf:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... revolution

Ok give us some tips and predictions then going forward, and what platforms trading sites do you use?

Or maybe not :laughing6:

The crypto market has lost 47% of its value in just 7 days

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/2021/5/20/the ... ust-7-days :o

The market capitalization of global cryptocurrencies has dropped by 47% in just the last seven days, according to data on CoinMarketCap.
Bitcoin has fallen roughly 40% since hitting all-time high in mid-April.
The cryptocurrency market suffered a sharp sell-off on Wednesday. Its value has now tumbled by 47% in just the last seven days.

The market cap for global digital currencies came in at $1.35 trillion on Wednesday, down from a recent peak of $2.56 trillion on May 12, according to data from CoinMarketCap.com.

The most recent plunge was triggered by the People's Bank of China announcement that digital tokens can't be used as a form of payment by financial institutions.

"The cryptocurrency market is under relentless selling pressure at the moment," Nicholas Cawley, an analyst at DailyFX, told Insider. "The speed of the sell-off suggests that leveraged accounts are being hit badly and the indiscriminate slump across the space also points to a lack of buying intent."

Bitcoin at one point fell as much as 31%, to $30,016.83, while ether slipped by 44% to $1,918.77 at intraday lows.

Bitcoin still hasn't recovered from Elon Musk's climate-related concerns over its mining process, which sent shockwaves across the digital asset ecosystem.

But some experts such as Jeffrey Wang, head of America's at the Amber Group, are not too concerned.

"Crypto is an inherently volatile asset class, so swift and violent moves are going to happen over the course of time," he told Insider. "This was a large flush out and if the market wants to continue higher it was likely necessary to remove some of the froth from overleveraged positions."

John Wu, president of Ava Labs, the team behind altcoin Avalanche, for his part noted that recent news such as China and Musk are just excuses for the sharp movements - not the real cause.

"Over the last few months, growth stocks in the equity markets have been collapsing," Wu told Insider. "As institutional money entered crypto over the last year, the correlation between these high-growth tech stocks and bitcoin has tightened compared to previous years."

Looking ahead, Wu said some of those growth names have stabilized. Cryptocurrencies, he said, could be at the tail end of this correction as the last asset class to absorb the slide in growth stocks.

The cryptocurrency market capitalization hit $2 trillion for the first time on April 5, doubling in value in just three months. It has breached the $2 trillion mark several times since.

On Wednesday, cryptocurrency linked-stocks plummeted in lockstep with the digital assets with shares of Coinbase, Riot Blockchain, and Marathon Digital Holdings all down by more than 10%.

This article was written by ilee@insider.com (Isabelle Lee) from Business Insider and was legally licensed through the Industry Dive publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to legal@industrydive.com.
Bluebina

Postby Bracey » Thu May 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Im on dodge coin, its been up 50% and down -%30
Bracey

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu May 20, 2021 2:26 pm

When a currency can lose or gain 20% in a matter of seconds because of just one tweet by someone like Elon Musk it just goes to show how ridiculous the whole crypto currency situation is

The whole thing is a complete farce you may as well put all your savings on the 2.30 at Kempton
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:I’m having a dabble putting £500 into ethereum anyone else investing and can pass on any advice and tips would be nice to hear
What I have learned very quickly is how volatile it is rising and falling very quickly

Just put 800 on theta its having an upgrade on 31st June, I bought bitcoin yesterday cheap and it already gone up 200 pound in a day today for me
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby welshrarebit » Thu May 20, 2021 2:58 pm

If you want a safe option then get an account on BlockFi and buy US dollar tether. It’s a stable coin meaning it tracks the value of the dollar. Therefore it’s not volatile. But on BlockFi it gives 9.5% apy compared to less than 1% at most banks.
Make regular savings in to that and you should see nice returns over time.

If you like to fly by the seat of your pants then dollar coast average I.e buy regular small amounts of Bitcoin eth or Ada which have use cases but will fluctuate. The dollar cost average and long term hold in theory can smooth those gains and losses out. BlockFi and another one Celsius give good returns of around 5% apy on those coins. Well. Not Ada yet. It’s coming soon.
welshrarebit

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:59 pm

Yep, way too risky for me. Especially when, with a decent financial advisor, you can still get 20-25% returns on a medium risk ISA over the last 12 months.

That was a particularly good year but a 8-10% average is pretty consistent and with the odd bumper year it's a pretty good time for investors.

You just need to take the right advice for you.
piledriver64

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri May 21, 2021 5:52 am

wez1927 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:I’m having a dabble putting £500 into ethereum anyone else investing and can pass on any advice and tips would be nice to hear
What I have learned very quickly is how volatile it is rising and falling very quickly

Just put 800 on theta its having an upgrade on 31st June, I bought bitcoin yesterday cheap and it already gone up 200 pound in a day today for me

Nice short term return :thumbup:
My investment went down on this crash but seems to be recovering already as I stated before wez I’ve taken out my original investment and leaving the profit ride :thumbup:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:When a currency can lose or gain 20% in a matter of seconds because of just one tweet by someone like Elon Musk it just goes to show how ridiculous the whole crypto currency situation is

The whole thing is a complete farce you may as well put all your savings on the 2.30 at Kempton

Nothing to do with Elon's tweets, that was just a convenient smokescreen.

All crypto markets crashed simultaneously at exactly the same time. Was big money manipulating the market to build cash reserves ahead of a major stock market crash that is imminent.

Crypto is far less regulated than other areas of the market and big money doesnt have to declare crypto investment to the same degree. It was crashed on purpose and will soon enough rise again. Just my opinion but the old adage of you only lose money when you sell in the red rings true for anyone holding crypto.

I've been holding BTC from around $7K mark and ETH since it was around $300 and will continue to do so, but I think it will bounce quite quickly and prove to be something of a safe haven as the US hedges closer to hyper inflation.

As with all investment though just got to do what you believe is right.

Closed all my money in stocks (except GME) and put that money into REIT (real estate) cos market looks like its gonna take a big, big hit very soon. When it does will be some bargains out there mind you for those who have a bit of money.

Just my opinion though so dont take my advice in case I'm completely wrong. :thumbup:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri May 21, 2021 9:06 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Nice short term return :thumbup:
My investment went down on this crash but seems to be recovering already as I stated before wez I’ve taken out my original investment and leaving the profit ride :thumbup:

ADA is the coin to look at IMHO but not got anything spare at minute but decent potential built by original developers of ETH I believe and has strong potential use cases.

Beyond crypto think commodities is a good play right now. Especially metals silver, copper, platinum and gold but also wheat, sugar and soy.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri May 21, 2021 9:39 am

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Over the last decade it has had a 9,000% price increase, it was the best performing asset of the 2010's and one of the best of 2020 too. I think that says it all. :occasion5:

last week my mate bought £5k of Bitcoin. This week his investment is worth £2k. That really says it all.
Bakedalasker

Postby wez1927 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:Over the last decade it has had a 9,000% price increase, it was the best performing asset of the 2010's and one of the best of 2020 too. I think that says it all. :occasion5:

last week my mate bought £5k of Bitcoin. This week his investment is worth £2k. That really says it all.

By next week could be worth 10k tho
wez1927

Postby Alan_in_China » Sat May 22, 2021 11:56 am

wez1927 wrote:

Theta is a great project! I managed to get in at 33p a while back. :thumbup:
Alan_in_China

Postby wez1927 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:26 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

They are predicting theta will hit 100 dollars soon
wez1927

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 24, 2021 1:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Alan_in_China wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

They are predicting theta will hit 100 dollars soon

Who people who want it to go up so they can sell?
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 pm

Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey reportedly said he believes cryptocurrencies are 'dangerous'
In a meeting with the British Parliament's Treasury Committee on Monday, Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey said cryptocurrencies and other digital assets are a danger to the public, a report out of Reuters indicates

Cryptocurrencies are "dangerous," according to Bank of England's governor Andrew Bailey.
Bailey said he's "skeptical" about crypto-assets in another critical statement about the crypto-sphere.
The Bank of England governor previously said crypto investors should be willing to lose all their money.
In a meeting with the British Parliament's Treasury Committee on Monday, Bank of England governor Andrew Bailey said cryptocurrencies and other digital assets are a danger to the public, a report out of Reuters indicates.

"I'm skeptical about crypto-assets, frankly, because they're dangerous and there's huge enthusiasm out there," Bailey said.

The comments reiterate Bailey's long-standing concerns and bearish outlook on cryptocurrencies and related assets.

On May 6, Bailey told journalists following the Bank of England's interest rate decision that he believes cryptocurrencies like bitcoin have no "intrinsic value."

"I would only emphasize what I've said quite a few times in recent years. I'm afraid they have no intrinsic value," Bailey said. "Now that doesn't mean to say people don't put value on them, because they can have extrinsic value, but they have no intrinsic value."

"I'm sorry, I'm going to say this very bluntly again: buy them only if you're prepared to lose all your money," he added.

Bailey went on to say that the two words "crypto" and "currency" simply "don't go together for him."

Bailey has been the governor of the Bank of England since March 16, 2020. He has also served as the Bank of England's chief cashier, deputy governor, and chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority.

The governor's comments come after a wild few weeks of volatility for the cryptocurrency world.

Bitcoin tumbled more than 50% from its peak last week before recovering on Monday to trade back above the $37,000 per coin mark.

Ether also fell more than 50% from its record highs to below $1,750 before mounting a nearly 40% recovery on Monday.

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/2021/5/25/ban ... -dangerous
Bluebina

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Wed May 26, 2021 12:40 pm

So the guy who wants crypto currency to fail and stands the most to lose says its a bad thing ohh ok then
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:So the guy who wants crypto currency to fail and stands the most to lose says its a bad thing ohh ok then

All opinions mate, who knows??

It's true that a lot of people writing about it and making predictions are often not impartial and stand to gain when it goes up or down :thumbup:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... er-14.html

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/com ... tcoin.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eting.html
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How has it gone since?

Is he up or down still ?

It's gone a bit quieter lately are they down?
Bluebina

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How has it gone since?

Is he up or down still ?

Surprisingly for me BTC has made a good recovery. I thought it was on its way down to £20k but its rose to around £50k.

What amuses me is I follow a number of "experts" and thy have all been saying it going to crash, Well what i've learnt is every time these experts say something, look the other way.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

How has it gone since?

Is he up or down still ?

Surprisingly for me BTC has made a good recovery. I thought it was on its way down to £20k but its rose to around £50k.

What amuses me is I follow a number of "experts" and thy have all been saying it going to crash, Well what i've learnt is every time these experts say something, look the other way.

Well done :thumbup:

I'm sure it's all going to crash, it's just a matter of when, but in the meantime I'm glad some people are making serious money!
Bluebina

Postby North Wales Blue » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:29 am

Interesting post, and I posted about Bitcoin not Crypto about month a ago.

I’m heavily invested in Bitcoin not Crypto.

Bitcoin is decentralised and all the other crypto coins are centralised and at anytime the rug can be pulled.

I’ve spent around 1,000 hours researching Bitcoin. Do your research. It’s a very viable investment if you invest and hold, don’t try to trade it.

It’s the same as any investment, why would you invest without knowing anything about it? Only then you can have the conviction about something.

Yes it’s volatile as it’s still very much in the adoption stage, but more and more people are investing.

Nobody has lost money by investing in Bitcoin for 4 or more years. You don’t have to buy one Bitcoin, you can buy in fractions.

There’s so much content out there about Bitcoin on YouTube. Also buy the Bitcoin Standard from Amazon.

Ignore the trading advice from one post above, if you’re not a professional trader then the house will always win.

Buy Bitcoin, hold, don’t try to be cute, and don’t f**k it up.

The Supply of Bitcoin Is Limited to 21 Million.

Look at this post in 2030 and you’ll know what I mean.
North Wales Blue

Postby Mulberry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:24 pm

I've had a few pocket money dabbles with crypto - mainly Ripple and Bitcoin via my revolut account.

Latest dabble is ongoing - 75€ that I got back from a deposit on a covid curtailed Spanish camping trip.

Money I didn't expect to get back so SWMBO allowed it into my pot.

Currently sat at 14 quid 'profit' and that's after taking a 12 quid 'profit' last week while we were away to pay for some brekkie.

My initial is still there but it dip away a bit for a little while, but I just held my nuts and its bounced back plus a little bit.

I only play with what I'm prepared to lose - so never more than a night or weekend on the piss kind of money.

Never gonna get rich but it's a bit of interest.
Mulberry

Postby North Wales Blue » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:02 pm

If you think Bitcoin is a gamble then you obviously don’t know enough about it, just saying! Ripple on the other hand is like going into the casino.

Mulberry wrote:I've had a few pocket money dabbles with crypto - mainly Ripple and Bitcoin via my revolut account.

Latest dabble is ongoing - 75€ that I got back from a deposit on a covid curtailed Spanish camping trip.

Money I didn't expect to get back so SWMBO allowed it into my pot.

Currently sat at 14 quid 'profit' and that's after taking a 12 quid 'profit' last week while we were away to pay for some brekkie.

My initial is still there but it dip away a bit for a little while, but I just held my nuts and its bounced back plus a little bit.

I only play with what I'm prepared to lose - so never more than a night or weekend on the piss kind of money.

Never gonna get rich but it's a bit of interest.
North Wales Blue

Postby Alan_in_China » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 am

North Wales Blue wrote:Interesting post, and I posted about Bitcoin not Crypto about month a ago.

I’m heavily invested in Bitcoin not Crypto.

Bitcoin is decentralised and all the other crypto coins are centralised and at anytime the rug can be pulled.

I’ve spent around 1,000 hours researching Bitcoin. Do your research. It’s a very viable investment if you invest and hold, don’t try to trade it.

It’s the same as any investment, why would you invest without knowing anything about it? Only then you can have the conviction about something.

Yes it’s volatile as it’s still very much in the adoption stage, but more and more people are investing.

Nobody has lost money by investing in Bitcoin for 4 or more years. You don’t have to buy one Bitcoin, you can buy in fractions.

There’s so much content out there about Bitcoin on YouTube. Also buy the Bitcoin Standard from Amazon.

Ignore the trading advice from one post above, if you’re not a professional trader then the house will always win.

Buy Bitcoin, hold, don’t try to be cute, and don’t f**k it up.

The Supply of Bitcoin Is Limited to 21 Million.

Look at this post in 2030 and you’ll know what I mean.

Not quite true. Ethereum and EOS are also decentralised.
Alan_in_China

Postby OliverGerry » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:33 pm

ICO Promotion Agency
Full-Stack Marketing & PR for ICOs
I use these services from a company called Flexe. Here is the link to their website https://flexe.io/ico/ . If you are interested to learn more about their services. This company has helped me out at just the right time, so I can recommend it to you.
OliverGerry

Postby bluecityblue » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 am

I’m up over £600 in the last 3 weeks. I have 0.5 of ETH, some ADA, LTE, little bit in some others. I put a bit into ripple recently, it’s only at 35% of it’s all time high. Big news expected from them soon, hopefully it sky rockets. I’m looking long term. Hopefully my wallet is worth £100k by 2030.
bluecityblue

Postby RadnorRoad » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:06 pm

JasonFowler1991

If you're not a financial advisor then you shouldn't be giving financial advice.

There are people on here who will have all kinds of reasons for desperately needing to improve their finances. Have a word with your conscience eh.
RadnorRoad

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:23 pm

RadnorRoad wrote:JasonFowler1991

If you're not a financial advisor then you shouldn't be giving financial advice.

There are people on here who will have all kinds of reasons for desperately needing to improve their finances. Have a word with your conscience eh.

It's an old saying but still appropriate to the crypto currency Bubble :thumbup:

“If shoeshine boys are giving stock tips, then it's time to get out of the market.”
Bluebina

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat