Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL HARRIS: "It’s not a gap we"

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:54 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

"It’s not a gap we want. We want to be in those play-off positions. We have not won enough games.

"It’s a tough one as a manager because the performances have been excellent recently but we haven’t had the results.

"You need to believe in what you’re doing and how you’re developing the football club, as well as the team, will get you results.

"I’m really pleased with the majority of our play, with or without the ball, but I want to win games of football.

"I certainly don’t want that gap to get any bigger. We showed last year we are capable of closing a bigger gap than that, but it’s not a scenario we wanted to be in this year.

"But we can’t look back; we have to look forward and learn from the errors we have made.

"We will close that gap, I know we will close that gap, certainly if we keep playing like we are."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL HARRIS: "It’s not a gap we"

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Got plenty of games to do that!

NEIL HARRIS:

"Now, without international break coming up there are no grey areas. We don’t look at that whole period up until January 1.

"We are looking at it a little bit smaller. We are prepared better as a group now than what we were two months ago.

"We know exactly where we are and what we’re doing. We know we are improving. We are ready for a tough period."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:57 pm

performances have been excellent........sorry Neil but 20 minutes was pretty decent last Saturday the 1st 70 mins were not very good at all... if you havent grasped this your fckd mate...

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Are you feeling any more pressure a couple months into the season?

NEIL HARRIS:

"Yeah. Let’s be honest, you asked the question for a reason, because we’ve not won enough games of football. I fully accept the question.

"I feel the pressure because I want to succeed, I’m always talking about wanting to be a winner and being successful as Cardiff City manager.

"We are a club we feel should be in the top 10, fighting for the top six. We have earned that right this year after what we achieved last year, from November onwards. So, pressure in that sense, yes.

"What you’re really asking, do I fear for my job? No. Because I love my job and performances have been excellent.

"But I’m also acutely aware that football is a results business and I want to win games."

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:00 pm

skidemin wrote:performances have been excellent........sorry Neil but 20 minutes was pretty decent last Saturday the 1st 70 mins were not very good at all... if you havent grasped this your fckd mate...

Yep. Who is he trying to kid?

Himself?

Us?

The board?

Excellent performances...eh?

Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:30 pm

He is really starting to sound deluded. I’ve always quite liked him and believed him mostly in his press conferences but he is now desperately grasping at straws. I think he may be gone within a week

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:performances have been excellent........sorry Neil but 20 minutes was pretty decent last Saturday the 1st 70 mins were not very good at all... if you havent grasped this your fckd mate...

Yep. Who is he trying to kid?

Himself?

Us?

The board?

Excellent performances...eh?

tbh there have been periods in most of our games where we have looked decent.... excellent is really pushing it ....but judging whole 90 minute performances so far... id say only Barnsley home was anything like good enough...

excellent for me means completely outplaying teams and winning more often than not...?
and winning mentality ive always associated with teams that grind out a win even if they are not at their best..

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:43 pm

In spite of what he says, I think he is worried about his job - and he should be. If excellent performances don't win you games then what's the point of them. Of course, performances have not been excellent at all - that's the reality. Only a win against Coventry will give him some breathing space. If, as he claims, the stats say we should be doing better, then what accounts for the fact that we are 15th in the table. Could it be luck? No - I don't think so, after 3 wins in 12 games. Something else is wrong and as the manager, he must find out what it is and deal with it. If he can't deal with it, then he must go.