Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL HARRIS:OTHER CLUBS HAVE BIGGER BUDGETS /BIGGER SQUADS

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:08 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

Strength of squad, better prepared for what’s coming?

"I hope so. When we look at squad size, I like to think we have got quality. There are a lot of clubs with bigger budgets and bigger squad sizes out there to compete with the Championship, we have had to trim ours,where some clubs have not."

"I do think we have got that quality with games coming thick and fast. In the short term, though, it’s about being in the position to accelerate.

"It’s about winning games now."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL HARRIS:OTHER CLUBS HAVE BIGGER BUDGETS /BIGGER SQUA

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:11 pm

It’s going to come together?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I hope so! I think when you’re not getting results, you can say the team doesn’t look organised or can’t see where a goal is coming from.

"I think any manager who watches us says we are majorly organised, a major threat on the ball, different ways of playing.

"We are a good team on paper, but we are starting to show it now (on the pitch).

"We have the potential to be the finished article."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:19 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

"The team is playing well at the moment and results will come off the back of that and the majority of our fans accept we are playing well."

"Everyone watching sees a good team but it’s down to my players to get the result."

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 pm

NEIL HARRIS: PERFORMANCES HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT SO I DO NOT FEAR FOR MY JOB

REPORTER ASKED TODAY IF HE FEELS UNDER PRESSURE

NEIL HARRIS:

"What you’re really asking, do I fear for my job? No. Because I love my job and performances have been excellent.

"Yeah. Let’s be honest, you asked the question for a reason, because we’ve not won enough games of football. I fully accept the question.

"I feel the pressure because I want to succeed, I’m always talking about wanting to be a winner and being successful as Cardiff City manager.

"We are a club we feel should be in the top 10, fighting for the top six. We have earned that right this year after what we achieved last year, from November onwards. So, pressure in that sense, yes.

"What you’re really asking, do I fear for my job? No. Because I love my job and performances have been excellent.

"But I’m also acutely aware that football is a results business and I want to win games."

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm

We have' nt got the squad to cope that's why bacuna is filling in at right back
and is a better in midfield
and we are not playing well at all look where we are in the table neil

Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Everybody knew we had 3 weaknesses in the squad before the season started .

Right back
Midfield
Striker

He addressed the striker problem by buying Kieffer Moore but pretty much ignored the other two other than a kid from Arsenal who was never going to play a whole championship season and said he was happy with his options

I also don't think many clubs other than those who have been recently relegated will have bigger budgets wage wise and transfer fee wise.

We were the 5th highest spenders in the window and the club allowed him to sign 4 premier league players, a £2.5million International striker and a very good young goalkeeper from a championship club.

He is trying to deflect the blame away from himself

He is also wrong with the top 10 club idea . We made the play offs last year and have spent over £20million since relegation . We should be a top 6 club going for top 2 .

Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Slowly digging a hole for himself each and every time he speaks

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Getting boring now hearing same old thing and excuses every game

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:33 pm

john52 wrote:Getting boring now hearing same old thing and excuses every game

I argee.Warnock Malky and Jonesseemed to get by ok :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:40 pm

"It's about being in a position to accelerate"

That one made me chuckle.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm

It does sound like a load of excuse making but I really want NH to succeed and prove everyone (including me) wrong. So come on Neil stop waffling and address what is going wrong.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:26 pm

In fairness to NH it is true that 20 championship teams have bigger squad than Cardiff, in fact only 1 QPR has a smaller squad. Having said that there are only 3 clubs with squads of higher value.

On that basis 18th place in the League after 12 games is simply unacceptable. I think these next 2 games are MUST wins for NH or it's bye bye.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It does sound like a load of excuse making but I really want NH to succeed and prove everyone (including me) wrong. So come on Neil stop waffling and address what is going wrong.

I think those will be sentiments that the majority might agree with, Tony :thumbup:

Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm

castleblue wrote:In fairness to NH it is true that 20 championship teams have bigger squad than Cardiff, in fact only 1 QPR has a smaller squad. Having said that there are only 3 clubs with squads of higher value.

On that basis 18th place in the League after 12 games is simply unacceptable. I think these next 2 games are MUST wins for NH or it's bye bye.

I would agree. Last year we had a bigger squad but it was filled with the likes of Connelly and Jazz Richards who hardly ever played for one reason or another.

So it's the old adage Quality over Quantity. We have quality if not quantity and NH is failing to get the best out of it.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm

castleblue wrote:In fairness to NH it is true that 20 championship teams have bigger squad than Cardiff, in fact only 1 QPR has a smaller squad. Having said that there are only 3 clubs with squads of higher value.

really is down to him to convince the board if he thought we were light in numbers...
he kept saying otherwise...

the right back situ in particular defies reason...

Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:04 pm

skidemin wrote:

really is down to him to convince the board if he thought we were light in numbers...
he kept saying otherwise...

the right back situ in particular defies reason...

:thumbup: