Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " COVENTRY PILE THE PRESSURE ON NEIL HARRIS "

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:36 pm

MY VIEW " COVENTRY PILE THE PRESSURE ON NEIL HARRIS "

A shocking result and performance tonight.

There is now huge pressure on Neil Harris and I'm not sure he can survive it now

COVENTRY CITY 1-0 CARDIFF CITY

Coventry deservedly took the lead in the 55th minute

Cardiff City hardly looked like scoring all game against a team who had a terrible defensive record

Neil Harris made one change from Saturday's draw at Millwall, with Josh Murphy replacing Robert Glatzel.

Smithies, Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Pack, Ralls, Hoilett, Wilson, Murphy, Moore

Coventry had a terrible defensive record going into this match and had kept just one clean sheet in their last nine games.

They were fourth bottom going into this match, and only out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Coventry started better with a couple of early shots in the first ten minutes that didn't test Smithies

The hosts nearly took the lead in the 12th minute but a good save by Smithies

Coventry were comfortably the better team in the first 20 minutes, with City just having a couple of corners that came to nothing

City started to come back into it towards the end of the half with a few long range effort from Ralls that didn't test Marosi in goal

We had the ball in the net just before half time, but the referee ruled it out for a foils

Half time and it was 0-0

Hamer should have given the hosts the lead early in the second half but his header was comfortable for Smithies

Coventry took a deserved lead through Tyler Walker in the 55th minute

Walker should have doubled the lead straight afterwards but couldn't get his shot on target

Harris reacted by bringing on Ojo and Glatzel for Hoilett and Murphy

Pack was replaced with Vaulks halfway through the second half with City still not threatening the Coventry goal

Moore had a header comfortably saved by Marosi with 15 minutes to go

Cardiff City hardly threatened the Coventry goal all game, and that didn't change in the final minutes

Coventry deserved their 1-0 win.

Next up for Cardiff is Luton at home on Saturday.

Neil Harris is under massive pressure now and this could have been his last match as Cardiff City manager

Re: MY VIEW " COVENTRY PILE THE PRESSURE ON NEIL HARRIS "

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Taxi for Harris.

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:45 pm

Hardly any changes after the shit shows in the last few games! Not normally one to call for blood... But that's got to be it.

The guy appears to be clueless about his situation (Or maybe we are?!), Surely tonight was shit or bust!

Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Taxi for Harris.

MY THOUGHTS: COV 1-0 CAR FT: THE END IS NEAR FOR HARRIS

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 pm

MY THOUGHTS
Well what can you say? The team is not performing like they did at the play-offs. It could be a bunch of factors such as teams know how we play, no fans, lack of ideas or simply the players are not giving there all every game and that could be the nail on the head. Neil Harris is the manager not us fans but what Harris has been lacking is ideas.