France bans UK!!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: France bans UK!!

Postby glas » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:23 pm

BlueGog wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Jock wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Still be happy to take our fish though

I hate the French with a passion especially that slimy git Macron. Gives it the big I am at every opportunity but shat his pants and backed down when the yellow vests stood up to him

They will take any opportunity to cause chaos during the Brexit transition, the Frog health guy has admitted the new strain is (probably) already in France. This has nothing to do with the virus, this is punishment for Brexit.

This is exactly what it is, ten days before the transition ends, this is an attempt to show how they can piss us about whenever they want and cause delays to our goods and delays for people travelling for France.

They never miss an opportunity, feck them don't holiday in France, don't buy their shit citrons, or their shit wine and cheese!

Attention!!!
For those wondering why France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland and Germany have banned travel from the UK, but the EU as a whole hasn't -- it's because EU member states are sovereign and make decisions independently of each other. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fair do's you will make up any lie to try to discredit our country. It is the EU that is doing it. France is in charge of the EU and what they say is what the EU do. France controls the EU, backed up with German money. The Germans don't care as they have all the money. France just wants the power.

What happened to friends and allies?? Threatening food supplies to our country is no way to behave as friends and allies.
The French are fuming because as usual the British refuse to surrender to the Europeans plans to rule our country.
glas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:39 pm

glas wrote:
BlueGog wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Jock wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Still be happy to take our fish though

I hate the French with a passion especially that slimy git Macron. Gives it the big I am at every opportunity but shat his pants and backed down when the yellow vests stood up to him

They will take any opportunity to cause chaos during the Brexit transition, the Frog health guy has admitted the new strain is (probably) already in France. This has nothing to do with the virus, this is punishment for Brexit.

This is exactly what it is, ten days before the transition ends, this is an attempt to show how they can piss us about whenever they want and cause delays to our goods and delays for people travelling for France.

They never miss an opportunity, feck them don't holiday in France, don't buy their shit citrons, or their shit wine and cheese!

Attention!!!
For those wondering why France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland and Germany have banned travel from the UK, but the EU as a whole hasn't -- it's because EU member states are sovereign and make decisions independently of each other. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fair do's you will make up any lie to try to discredit our country. It is the EU that is doing it. France is in charge of the EU and what they say is what the EU do. France controls the EU, backed up with German money. The Germans don't care as they have all the money. France just wants the power.

What happened to friends and allies?? Threatening food supplies to our country is no way to behave as friends and allies.
The French are fuming because as usual the British refuse to surrender to the Europeans plans to rule our country.[/quote

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bluebird For Life

Postby glas » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:08 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Take back control! Control our borders!
*A country decides to control their borders* WAAAAAAAAAAH bullies!

J'adore l'ironie

They will soon surrender when they realise the damage it is doing to their economy. The French never stand up in a fight.
It is better to fight them, than have them as allies. Turn your back and they have disappeared, unless they stick a knife in your back.
glas

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:09 pm

glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

They will soon surrender when they realise the damage it is doing to their economy. The French never stand up in a fight.
It is better to fight them, than have them as allies. Turn your back and they have disappeared, unless they stick a knife in your back.

'The French never stand up in a fight'. Apart from the fact they are the most successful military power in European history...
CCFCJosh75

Postby skidemin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:28 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

'The French never stand up in a fight'. Apart from the fact they are the most successful military power in European history...

thats just one of many opinions not a fact....
skidemin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

thats just one of many opinions not a fact....

They stood up to the nazis ! And the gvmnt always stand up to the unions? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Been in a tiz since we had to scuttle their fleet in in Oran in 1940, because they couldn’t be trusted.
rumpo kid

Postby glas » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:18 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

What are they teaching you in school these days? I know it is all about rewriting history but that is beyond "altering" the facts.

The French may have done well against other European states but their record against the British is about as bad as ours is against the top 6 Premier League teams in recent times, infact their record is worse.

Ask your teachers about Agincourt, Crecy, Poitiers, Peninsula wars, Nile, Trafalgar, Waterloo. I doubt they have heard of any of them. But they are some of the major battles when the French messed with the British. To be fair, as I said earlier, you are better fighting them face to face, as they cannot be trusted to stand by you when the fighting starts, either stab you in the back or surrender (1940) and join the opposition (Nazis) through their Vichy government.
glas

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm

Theyve only closed the border until they sort out a way of ensuring the safety of drivers carrying goods in and out.
We would do the same if France had infections of new strain of covid19.
It will soon be over and others have said they need to ensure that other ports are used in future for goods outgoing.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Bluebina » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:42 pm

glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

What are they teaching you in school these days? I know it is all about rewriting history but that is beyond "altering" the facts.

The French may have done well against other European states but their record against the British is about as bad as ours is against the top 6 Premier League teams in recent times, infact their record is worse.

Ask your teachers about Agincourt, Crecy, Poitiers, Peninsula wars, Nile, Trafalgar, Waterloo. I doubt they have heard of any of them. But they are some of the major battles when the French messed with the British. To be fair, as I said earlier, you are better fighting them face to face, as they cannot be trusted to stand by you when the fighting starts, either stab you in the back or surrender (1940) and join the opposition (Nazis) through their Vichy government.

Exactly you can't trust them, the first opportunity they'll shaft you
Bluebina

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:50 pm

glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

"According to historian Niall Ferguson: "of the 125 major European wars fought since 1495, the French have participated in 50 – more than Austria (47) and England (43). Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10", making France the most successful military power in European history—in terms of number of fought and won."

In terms of surrendering in 1940: Have you heard of the siege of lille where 40,000 French troops held 160,000 Germans away from dunkirk to let the British retreat? I wonder what would've happened if all our forces were captured or killed instead of getting back?
CCFCJosh75

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

More than 40 countries have now closed their borders to the UK amid fears over the spread of a new variant of coronavirus. Spain, India, Hong Kong and Pakistan are among the latest countries to ban UK arrivals.

At a press briefing, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he and President Emmanuel Macron were hoping to unblock the border between the UK and France in the "next few hours". France shut its borders to UK hauliers for 48 hours due to the new variant.
TopCat CCFC

Postby skidemin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:48 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

"According to historian Niall Ferguson: "of the 125 major European wars fought since 1495, the French have participated in 50 – more than Austria (47) and England (43). Out of 168 battles fought since 387 BC, they have won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10", making France the most successful military power in European history—in terms of number of fought and won."

In terms of surrendering in 1940: Have you heard of the siege of lille where 40,000 French troops held 160,000 Germans away from dunkirk to let the British retreat? I wonder what would've happened if all our forces were captured or killed instead of getting back?

was France even a country in 387 BC...
skidemin

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:13 am

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Nah he's about 900 years out and that's being generous. Could possibly stretch France as a countries origins to 5th century with Western Francia, but more like 9th century when it was close to what we would call France.

What we know as France was part of Gaul around Roman conquest which i'm fairly sure was somewhere around 50 BC ish not sure what came before that though tbh.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby skidemin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:26 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Nah he's about 900 years out and that's being generous. Could possibly stretch France as a countries origins to 5th century with Western Francia, but more like 9th century when it was close to what we would call France.

What we know as France was part of Gaul around Roman conquest which i'm fairly sure was somewhere around 50 BC ish not sure what came before that though tbh.

figured as much...quick google and latch on to the very first article and assume its gospel .
i do think the French get a lot of unfair bad press for WW2.which of course has zero to do with his original claim..
skidemin

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:34 am

900 years.. :lol: This boy doth never learn..
rumpo kid

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:32 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Apologies I misquoted him, I should have actually put "out of all recorded conflicts which occurred since the year 387 BC, France has fought in 168 of them, won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10; thus making France the most successful military power in European history."

If you really wanted to be nitpicky though why didn't you bring up the fact that 3 of the 7 'british' wins against the French listed above were actually won before Britain existed?
CCFCJosh75

Postby epping blue » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:16 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Theyve only closed the border until they sort out a way of ensuring the safety of drivers carrying goods in and out.
We would do the same if France had infections of new strain of covid19.
It will soon be over and others have said they need to ensure that other ports are used in future for goods outgoing.

I think your right apart from the bit about soon being over. They'll never keep it out, looking at the infection graphs the variant has probably already taken hold in The Netherlands. Countries that controlled the initial outbreak could struggle with this. Come January I wouldn't be surprised to see borders shut across Europe and beyond. We desperately need to have the Oxford vaccine up and running, that will give us the volume.
epping blue

Postby skidemin » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:23 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Apologies I misquoted him, I should have actually put "out of all recorded conflicts which occurred since the year 387 BC, France has fought in 168 of them, won 109, lost 49 and drawn 10; thus making France the most successful military power in European history."

If you really wanted to be nitpicky though why didn't you bring up the fact that 3 of the 7 'british' wins against the French listed above were actually won before Britain existed?

it was you failing to make a point and trying to be being nitpicky. and Austria WTF
skidemin

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:58 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Just answering Skidemin's question but...

If you want to be accurate all 7 of the battles listed by Glas happened after the Statute of Rhuddlan in 1284 when Wales fell under English Rule which was essentially the formation of Britain. Great Britain was 1705? (can't be arsed looking it up but it's somewhere around then)

Crecy and Poitiers would be the earliest of the battles mentioned, which were both part of the hundred years war and would have been around 1340/1350 ish.

So technically, as Wales was under the control of the English at that point and Wales + England is Britain, (Britain + Scotland is Great Britain) then you could put them all down as British wins (although they are generally referred to as English)

Nit picky, moi?

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby frazier » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:30 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Hitler halted the advance of his panzer division which allowed the British to escape at Dunkirk, for reasons only known to himself, the German panzers would have sliced through any defence with ease. Incidentally, of the 338,226 evacuated soldiers, 139,997 were French, along with some Belgians and Poles
frazier

Postby Bluebina » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:37 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

The french were hopeless like the Italians their tanks only had one gear, reverse :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:44 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

If you want to be accurate all 7 of the battles listed by Glas happened after the Statute of Rhuddlan in 1284 when Wales fell under English Rule which was essentially the formation of Britain. Great Britain was 1705? (can't be arsed looking it up but it's somewhere around then)

Crecy and Poitiers would be the earliest of the battles mentioned, which were both part of the hundred years war and would have been around 1340/1350 ish.

So technically, as Wales was under the control of the English at that point and Wales + England is Britain, (Britain + Scotland is Great Britain) then you could put them all down as British wins (although they are generally referred to as English)

Nit picky, moi?

They also got battered in the bataille du Brexit :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:16 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Unbelievable double standards. They banning any UK people or goods.

One way traffic or what?

Hopefully, all the sprouts are stuck in France and Belgium, they can shove them up their arse :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Jock » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:53 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Been in a tiz since we had to scuttle their fleet in in Oran in 1940, because they couldn’t be trusted.

The Vichy fannies would have let the Nazis have them so they had to be sunk.
Jock

Postby Jock » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Unbelievable double standards. They banning any UK people or goods.

One way traffic or what?

Hopefully, all the sprouts are stuck in France and Belgium, they can shove them up their arse :thumbup:

I like sprouts but if that’s what these sleazy continental perverts do with them I might give them a miss Friday :shock:
Jock

Postby CCFCJosh75 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:34 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
glas wrote:

J'adore l'ironie

Nit picky, moi?

I'd have said 1535 was when Wales and England fully combined and created Britain. That was when English laws were used in Wales, Wales had mps (or whatever they were called back then), English had to be used in courts etc.

I doubt anyone would've expected a topic about France to turn into a discussion as to when Britain was formed :lol:
CCFCJosh75

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Jock wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

One way traffic or what?

I like sprouts but if that’s what these sleazy continental perverts do with them I might give them a miss Friday :shock:

Loving the 2 threads within this thread. The non serious British v French and the importance of sprouts and the never ending cycle of farting v sprouts :D :lol:
Big Hill Blue

Postby skiprat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Me too cant wait to see where it goes next
skiprat

Postby Big Hill Blue » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:01 pm

We have sprouts on dinner. Serious question are they meant to be crunchy or not??
Big Hill Blue

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat