Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Big question, a small club like Swansea, how the hell are

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:02 pm

I hate having to say it, but sadly this is true and we are not going in the right direction.

A Big question, a small club like Swansea, how the hell are they 2nd from top and many more yrs up in the Prem than us?

And we look more relegation candidates than promotion candidates :cry: :cry:

And kept their identity and badge.

My point is how come a way smaller club than us is achieving way way more than us?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A Big question, a small club like Swansea, how the hell

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:09 pm

Part of the problem seeing Cardiff doing so pathetic is seeing Swansea doing so well

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:13 pm

I have to be honest mate last few years out club is going backwards and it’s like owners lost interest

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Tan has been a big admirer of the way the Jacks have gone about their business,

So if I was Tan I would have looked how they have gone about it and tried to copy them. He has not done that.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Unfortunately like I said before we spoilt like brats then sulk and cry about everything. The club needs an overhaul but so do the supporters. We can’t wait to jump into n everything negative we blame everyone else. Unfortunately the success we had in the last 12 or so years has been excellent on the whole and none of us would have believed posssible if told about it in the 80s and 90s. Yet we still not happy. I think of us like a wife when we get what we wanted originally it’s no longer good enough.

That’s my opinion and not representative of every bluebird just a general overview and mostly from this forum, there many I guess who love the club and just enjoy the ride of being a football fan.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:16 pm

Recently I have forced a begrudging admiration for what they have achieved with so little resource and fan base.

They used their time in the Premier wisely, and brought youth through. We have absolutely nothing to show from our premier experience.I cannot see this changing with no money and no youth system to talk about.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Recently I have forced a begrudging admiration for what they have achieved with so little resource and fan base.

They used their time in the Premier wisely, and brought youth through. We have absolutely nothing to show from our premier experience.I cannot see this changing with no money and no youth system to talk about.

That's the bottom line for me.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:Unfortunately like I said before we spoilt like brats then sulk and cry about everything. The club needs an overhaul but so do the supporters. We can’t wait to jump into n everything negative we blame everyone else. Unfortunately the success we had in the last 12 or so years has been excellent on the whole and none of us would have believed posssible if told about it in the 80s and 90s. Yet we still not happy. I think of us like a wife when we get what we wanted originally it’s no longer good enough.

That’s my opinion and not representative of every bluebird just a general overview and mostly from this forum, there many I guess who love the club and just enjoy the ride of being a football fan.

Funny you should say that and the general view of 15,000 of my fb followers and my Twitter followers virtually then the same as mostly on this forum.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Recently I have forced a begrudging admiration for what they have achieved with so little resource and fan base.

Jonny,

It’s so gutting to admit and see every week.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Part of the problem seeing Cardiff doing so pathetic is seeing Swansea doing so well

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:Unfortunately like I said before we spoilt like brats then sulk and cry about everything. The club needs an overhaul but so do the supporters. We can’t wait to jump into n everything negative we blame everyone else. Unfortunately the success we had in the last 12 or so years has been excellent on the whole and none of us would have believed posssible if told about it in the 80s and 90s. Yet we still not happy. I think of us like a wife when we get what we wanted originally it’s no longer good enough.

Funny you should say that and the general view of 15,000 of my fb followers and my Twitter followers virtually then the same as mostly on this forum.

Oh that a lot. We all mostly spoilt brats then. Lol.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:40 pm

Its all about expectation,I mean,if we had appointed Cooper instead of the jacks can you imagine the grief and slagging by our "know better fans". against Mr Tan and the board.And would he have been given time needed?Not a feckin chance.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I hate having to say it, but sadly this is true and we are not going in the right direction.

A Big question, a small club like Swansea, how the hell are they 2nd from top and many more yrs up in the Prem than us?

Oh that’s plain and simple;

They have continued to play the same style of football bringing managers in who stick to the same ethos :bluescarf: and that’s throughout the Academy.

They stayed in the PL playing that way and therefore continued to gain the finances that brings.

The whole club from top to bottom is based on it.

It will continue until they change or are made to change, they are making a mistake with their Academy so who knows.

We on the other hand have made poor decisions on Managers with few exceptions and are old fashioned in our style hence why so many players who were brilliant when we bought them have lost their sparkle :bluescarf:

The top 3 at the club have little or no knowledge of football, business yes but that don’t buy you success in running a club.

There is only one man who could sort us out, getting us to play attractive football, getting fresh players in and keeping his pulse on changing ideas whilst continuing to grow the whole playing side of the club. The main reason we don’t have players coming from the Academy is that when they get to a certain age any flair etc is knocked out of them to play like the first team does and that’s not going to change with Harris in charge.

The top 3 need to sit down and decide what they want! If they give it to someone that person needs 2 yrs at least to sort the mess out and as supporters we need to be patient.

If they put the right man in then I think supporters will be happy enough and be patient. If they put a stop gap in or appoint someone with the same style we will be in the wilderness for longer.

I’m aware this person has been approached as have 2 others.

Personally I’d love it if he came but it will still be a bumpy 12 months ahead.

I don’t give a fiddlers A*** about that lot down the road but if we want to be better than them we will have to get the right man. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:48 pm

Reply Twitter:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:12 pm

As much as I hate the jacks what they have achieved is massive.wales/west country is historically the country's weakest football region .only 3 clubs have ever played in the top division us 17 seasons Bristol city 9 jacks 9.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:38 pm

Reply FB:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Reply Fb:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:57 pm

They employ intelligent Managers, we get thickos. Malky, Warnock, Harris all from the industrial side of football. Think Alan Curtis is important as well, the guy has a wisdom about him. As for smaller club, in terms of crowds yes. That’s why the capacity built was only 20,000.
They were getting 10-11k for some games last season, according to a ST I know. And they weren’t happy with Cooper.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I hate having to say it, but sadly this is true and we are not going in the right direction.

Oh that’s plain and simple;

They have continued to play the same style of football bringing managers in who stick to the same ethos :bluescarf: and that’s throughout the Academy.

They stayed in the PL playing that way and therefore continued to gain the finances that brings.

The whole club from top to bottom is based on it.

It will continue until they change or are made to change, they are making a mistake with their Academy so who knows.

We on the other hand have made poor decisions on Managers with few exceptions and are old fashioned in our style hence why so many players who were brilliant when we bought them have lost their sparkle :bluescarf:

The top 3 at the club have little or no knowledge of football, business yes but that don’t buy you success in running a club.

There is only one man who could sort us out, getting us to play attractive football, getting fresh players in and keeping his pulse on changing ideas whilst continuing to grow the whole playing side of the club. The main reason we don’t have players coming from the Academy is that when they get to a certain age any flair etc is knocked out of them to play like the first team does and that’s not going to change with Harris in charge.

The top 3 need to sit down and decide what they want! If they give it to someone that person needs 2 yrs at least to sort the mess out and as supporters we need to be patient.

If they put the right man in then I think supporters will be happy enough and be patient. If they put a stop gap in or appoint someone with the same style we will be in the wilderness for longer.

I’m aware this person has been approached as have 2 others.

Personally I’d love it if he came but it will still be a bumpy 12 months ahead.

I don’t give a fiddlers A*** about that lot down the road but if we want to be better than them we will have to get the right man. :ayatollah:

Well said K, yes there is only one man, if you are on about a manager :laughing6: would love it to be him :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:14 pm

The Jacks have played exciting football for years. They attack. They pass the ball. They hold the ball up. They don’t play long balls.

I’m not going to pretend I’m one of those Swansea haters, 34 years old now. The Jacks play incredible football. Especially compared to our hoof ball that was popular in the 80s.

When you look at Swansea you realise how far we haven’t come. Ignoring the 2 promotions in 8 years out style of football hasn’t improved. Our scouts are absolute shite. Our youth system is non existent.

At times we’ve had all the money and no idea.

I personally like seeing another Welsh team spoiling the ‘English’ Premier League.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:22 pm

Swansea were certainly not getting 10,000 for a home game last season. Their average was over 16,000 . It would have been a lot higher with the games towards the end of the season pushing for the playoffs. Badly hit by having to play teams behind closed doors including Leeds and bristol city which would have both been sellout.

Swansea home gates in both league cup and FA cup where everyone pays gave been way above Cardiff's league cup and FA cup.gates.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:36 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Its all about expectation,I mean,if we had appointed Cooper instead of the jacks can you imagine the grief and slagging by our "know better fans". against Mr Tan and the board.And would he have been given time needed?Not a feckin chance.

Cooper took a LOT of stick from Swansea supporters last season before they got their second breath

Many of them were calling for his head and many on here laughed in the same way as they are doing at us right now

But you are right that Steve Cooper would have had to hit the ground running and stay well ahead of the pack (not Marlon :laughing6: ) from the off as a 'new' manager/coach to avoid the negativity of so many on here

It's different (for me) with Neil Harris though; I just don't believe he is capable of reviving this team with his one-aspect football that includes players being played well out of position and without any apparent 'drive' to play for him

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:53 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:Swansea were certainly not getting 10,000 for a home game last season. Their average was over 16,000 . It would have been a lot higher with the games towards the end of the season pushing for the playoffs. Badly hit by having to play teams behind closed doors including Leeds and bristol city which would have both been sellout.

Swansea home gates in both league cup and FA cup where everyone pays gave been way above Cardiff's league cup and FA cup.gates.

I’m only going on what my mate said.. on tv the ground looked half empty, 16k is the official figure. Sometimes ours was given as 22k, but I reckon only 18000 were in the ground. 16k is crap for Wales biggest club..even when it was less.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:00 pm

The jacks got or had football people on the board,Cardiff simply haven’t,you can’t run any business properly if you don’t actually know the ins and outs,tan took us over on a gamble,he’s fed his information from muppets who also know nothing about the game

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:25 pm

caerblue wrote:The jacks got or had football people on the board,Cardiff simply haven’t,you can’t run any business properly if you don’t actually know the ins and outs,tan took us over on a gamble,he’s fed his information from muppets who also know nothing about the game

Your correct but then tan is a very successful business man must have had the right people on board.in football looks like he's been mugged off and got the wrong people on board.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:43 pm

10p in the pound wasn’t it?

Should have been kicked out of the league.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:52 pm

caerblue wrote:The jacks got or had football people on the board,Cardiff simply haven’t,you can’t run any business properly if you don’t actually know the ins and outs,tan took us over on a gamble,he’s fed his information from muppets who also know nothing about the game

How long have Swansea American owners been involved in football ?

Who exactly are these muppets you speak of that know nothing about running a football club?

Maybe Steve Borley who sits on the board and has been involved at a high level of football ownership/directorship for 20 years ?

Or Dalman who has been running a club for the best part of a decade that has been promoted to the premier league twice in 6 years ?

Or maybe Neil Warnock who is the most successful manager at this level ever ?

Or has Tan possibly learned the business in the decade he has owned this club ?

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:05 pm

It pains me to say but the reason Swansea are 2nd and have been fairly successful for a number of years is because they have appointed the right managers to play the style of football that they currently play and so the players that they recruit compliment the whole club. We on the other hand need to appoint a manager that can deliver attacking enjoyable to watch football and to be successful as a team on the pitch to deliver what us fans want. The size of a club doesn’t really come into it, it’s who you got running things that makes all the difference.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm

thomasblue wrote:

How long have Swansea American owners been involved in football ?

Who exactly are these muppets you speak of that know nothing about running a football club?

Maybe Steve Borley who sits on the board and has been involved at a high level of football ownership/directorship for 20 years ?

Or Dalman who has been running a club for the best part of a decade that has been promoted to the premier league twice in 6 years ?

Or maybe Neil Warnock who is the most successful manager at this level ever ?

Or has Tan possibly learned the business in the decade he has owned this club ?

i honestly dont get where your coming from pretending to not understand what people mean when they say football man...
and Swanseas owners tasked Leon Britton and Curtis to advise on appointing their last manager..