Are these people selfish

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are these people selfish

Postby ion » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Honest answers please,9 people from Bridgend , Caerphilly, Merthyr,and blainae Gwent got fined for traveling to Barry island to meet up , unbelievable ,this is why we can't get the virus under control with people like that .
ion
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Are these people selfish

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby ffs » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:17 pm

No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home
ffs
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Glad they are all fined....its not difficult to comprehend stay home....selfish people
boyo1927
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Dazzy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:32 pm

Yes. Selfish. The virus is wildly out of control. Death and NHS aside (which is obviously the biggest cost of their behaviour) they’re effectively just extending the amount of time the rest of us will have to spend in lockdown. The fine is definitely justified
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Floppsy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:37 pm

Dazzy wrote:Yes. Selfish. The virus is wildly out of control. Death and NHS aside (which is obviously the biggest cost of their behaviour) they’re effectively just extending the amount of time the rest of us will have to spend in lockdown. The fine is definitely justified


Well said.
Floppsy
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby dorsetblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Yes they are complete knobends as are any others flouting the instructions.
dorsetblue
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:31 pm

Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.
thomasblue
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!
bluesince62
 
Posts: 4509
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!


Thats if they do it a second time

Why should we have to pay the punishment of having to have multiple lockdowns because of these selfish idiots?

Treat them with the same respect they show everyone else
thomasblue
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:50 pm

ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home

Probably the mot preemptive name on this Forum is 'ffs' ;)

You clearly knew what was going to come back whenever you post your deliberate garbage :roll:

People are DYING because of the people ou seek to offend (may even be one of), ffs! :oops: :banghead:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 19436
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby skidemin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!


Thats if they do it a second time

Why should we have to pay the punishment of having to have multiple lockdowns because of these selfish idiots?

Treat them with the same respect they show everyone else



no doubt you have not left your home at all since March.....
skidemin
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!


Thats if they do it a second time

Why should we have to pay the punishment of having to have multiple lockdowns because of these selfish idiots?

Treat them with the same respect they show everyone else



no doubt you have not left your home at all since March.....


I have tried as much as possible to reduce the risk of spreading covid to others and also catching it myself.

Of course I have left the house but I certainly wouldn't meet up with a big group of friends at the moment , it is totally unacceptable and selfish whilst 95% of the population is trying hard to get rid of this virus.

Everyone has a different opinion which is fine but personally anyone seen flouting the request of the government and spreading false information should be heavily fined and forced to isolate away from those who are trying .
thomasblue
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby skidemin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:05 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!


Thats if they do it a second time

Why should we have to pay the punishment of having to have multiple lockdowns because of these selfish idiots?

Treat them with the same respect they show everyone else



no doubt you have not left your home at all since March.....


I have tried as much as possible to reduce the risk of spreading covid to others and also catching it myself.

Of course I have left the house but I certainly wouldn't meet up with a big group of friends at the moment , it is totally unacceptable and selfish whilst 95% of the population is trying hard to get rid of this virus.

Everyone has a different opinion which is fine but personally anyone seen flouting the request of the government and spreading false information should be heavily fined and forced to isolate away from those who are trying .




yes everyone has their do as i say not as i do rules. oh its only the once, oh its only 5 instead of 4..oh its only on xmas eve, oh im a key worker :lol: :lol: :lol:
skidemin
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:29 pm

They are foolish most definetly and deserve the fine. However i wouldnt call them stupid, idotic ,or erm..... put them in a detention centre unless id not broken a single rule myself since March which I have(sorry). Can people name calling, getting angry, demanding a police state etc honestly say they have been the perfect citizen ?
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
User avatar
englishbluebird
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am
Location: caerphilly

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:34 pm

englishbluebird wrote:They are foolish most definetly and deserve the fine. However i wouldnt call them stupid, idotic ,or erm..... put them in a detention centre unless id not broken a single rule myself since March which I have(sorry). Can people name calling, getting angry, demanding a police state etc honestly say they have been the perfect citizen ?


I never said detention centre , I meant they should be forced to isolate and those who do not should be made to isolate in some sort of camp. We need to get rid of this virus or we will live our whole lives like this. If it takes tough measures like this then do be it.
And no I'm not perfect regarding rules but I'm not openly flouting and ignoring them either
thomasblue
 
Posts: 7146
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby skidemin » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:03 am

thomasblue wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:They are foolish most definetly and deserve the fine. However i wouldnt call them stupid, idotic ,or erm..... put them in a detention centre unless id not broken a single rule myself since March which I have(sorry). Can people name calling, getting angry, demanding a police state etc honestly say they have been the perfect citizen ?


I never said detention centre , I meant they should be forced to isolate and those who do not should be made to isolate in some sort of camp. We need to get rid of this virus or we will live our whole lives like this. If it takes tough measures like this then do be it.
And no I'm not perfect regarding rules but I'm not openly flouting and ignoring them either



im not perfect either...2 or 3 small breaches but largely ive abided ... how can i then pick and choose ? your either snow white or your not..
as for false info best start with the government because the day before they reduced deaths by 5k { because they did not want to under estimate ? } it was false info....thats the obvious one thats been openly admitted but there are lots more... how many times have various groups asked gethin and drakeford to see the science they claimed they were following only to find out it did not exist...lies , so concentration camp for them too... truth be told mate put everyone on a polygraph and we would end up with 2 nuns and sam rean running the country...
skidemin
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby englishbluebird » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:36 am

thomasblue wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:They are foolish most definetly and deserve the fine. However i wouldnt call them stupid, idotic ,or erm..... put them in a detention centre unless id not broken a single rule myself since March which I have(sorry). Can people name calling, getting angry, demanding a police state etc honestly say they have been the perfect citizen ?


I never said detention centre , I meant they should be forced to isolate and those who do not should be made to isolate in some sort of camp. We need to get rid of this virus or we will live our whole lives like this. If it takes tough measures like this then do be it.
And no I'm not perfect regarding rules but I'm not openly flouting and ignoring them either



It wasnt a personal dig at yourself and i agree we need to do all we can to get rid of this big problem.However the government are constantly blaming people rather then showing leadership qualities that will unite everyone. I mean weve got Mark Drakeford at the wheel . Im certainly not condoning people being reckless but christ we need better leadership
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
User avatar
englishbluebird
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:16 am
Location: caerphilly

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:45 am

A police force that was criticised for its "intimidating" approach to two walkers is to review its lockdown fines policy.

Jessica Allen and Eliza Moore said they were surrounded by police after driving five miles from their home for a walk on Wednesday, and fined £200 each.

Derbyshire Police initially said driving to exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.

But it now says new national guidelines mean it will review its position.

In a statement, the force said all of its fixed penalties issued during the new national lockdown will be reviewed.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Bigmarkw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:12 am

Not at all. They just believe they live in a free country. Which at the rate people are being dictated to it is less and less free.

Just look at this statement. “You can now be fined by the police for having a walk with a friend 10 miles from you home.”
Absolute madness remember all the crying we did with all those bubble trips we were forced on?
Bigmarkw
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Dazzy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 am

Yes they are
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby BroBlue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:15 pm

Yes, yes they are. I've spent the last 10 or months basically with no social life in an attempt to help stop a global pandemic that's destroying our economy and killing everyones nan. Am I happy being unable to visit my family, being unable to hit the gym, being unable to relax with friends with having a few pints and a game of pool, being unable to watch a game in person or have a much needed trip abroad to de-stress. No of course I ain't f**king happy about it but it I accept it needs to be done.

Personally I was wrong myself about this pandemic, I didn't expect Covid to do so much damage, going off all the previous pandemics emerging from the far east like SARS, bird flu, swine flu I expected society to handle it well and nip it in the bud. Sadly that's not how it worked and Covid became a world changing event, we won't go 'back to normal' unless the majority of people chip in. Some high profile people blatantly flout the laws with no punishment and that's so frustrating, but they are cunts anyway and we really shouldn't be stooping to their level.
BroBlue
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 pm

thomasblue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Should make isolation camps for these idiots and make them stay in isolation for two weeks every time they are caught flouting rules . Big fines and Loss of any financial help from the government like furlough or grants. They would soon stop being knobs.



Why not round them up and execute them!!!


Thats if they do it a second time

Why should we have to pay the punishment of having to have multiple lockdowns because of these selfish idiots?

Treat them with the same respect they show everyone else



Because according to hancock "the virus is worse in indoor environments " yet we are told to "stay at home" visit the elderly according to one advert,and open the windows on the way out?? Hardly advisable for the elderly to have their windows open in january imho!! Boris cycled 7 miles to cycle around olympic park,who fines him? Because surely he can ride around closer to home? As its"not within the spirit" of lockdown rules,traveling to take excersise!!
bluesince62
 
Posts: 4509
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby bleubird62 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:03 am

ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”
bleubird62
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby ffs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm

bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”


What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life
ffs
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby Snaag » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:36 pm

ffs wrote:
What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life


Of course they do, especially when its public safety.

I like to have a gun and go around shooting people, no-one has the right to tell me I can't -- Doesn't that sound stupid?

So disregarding the public safety instructrion is not actually as bad as shooting people,of course not, but the instruction is there for a number of reasons, including protecting people's life.

When someone's right risks another persons life, then regulations to protect life must be followed.

If everyone followed these rules then the nightmare would be over a lot quicker.
Snaag
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:43 pm

ffs wrote:
bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”


What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life


Whilst I wish you were right, you're clearly wrong !!

The elected government of every country sets the laws which actually dictates, to a large extent, how you live your life. In this instance the elected government set a whole load of restrictions (many of which I believe are absolute nonsense !!) by which we have to abide or face prosecution/punishment.

So unless you're making an argument for anarchy the only thing you can do is use any future votes wisely and vote for the party who will let you live a life as closest to what you want ;)
piledriver64
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby ffs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:27 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
ffs wrote:
bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”


What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life


Whilst I wish you were right, you're clearly wrong !!

The elected government of every country sets the laws which actually dictates, to a large extent, how you live your life. In this instance the elected government set a whole load of restrictions (many of which I believe are absolute nonsense !!) by which we have to abide or face prosecution/punishment.

So unless you're making an argument for anarchy the only thing you can do is use any future votes wisely and vote for the party who will let you live a life as closest to what you want ;)


People travelling to Barry Island to meet with friends is not anarchy

Evidence over asymptomatic transmission is very weak so I'm not having that. You can't lock away fit healthy people. If people want to carry on with their lives, and not give into the media and govt's fear mongering, then good on them
ffs
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:05 am

Covid: Play your part in fight against virus, says Patel -



People have been urged to "play your part" and follow Covid rules by Home Secretary Priti Patel, who says she will back police to enforce laws.

At a No 10 briefing, Ms Patel said a minority were "putting the health of the nation at risk" by flouting rules.

Police are "moving more quickly to issuing fines", she added, with nearly 45,000 fixed penalty notices issued across the UK.

Another 1,243 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid.

And there have been a further 45,533 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK.

Meanwhile, another 145,076 people have received a first dose of a coronavirus vaccine, and 20,768 a second dose, bringing the totals respectively to 2,431,648 and 412,167.
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby bleubird62 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:05 pm

ffs wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
ffs wrote:
bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”


What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life


Whilst I wish you were right, you're clearly wrong !!

The elected government of every country sets the laws which actually dictates, to a large extent, how you live your life. In this instance the elected government set a whole load of restrictions (many of which I believe are absolute nonsense !!) by which we have to abide or face prosecution/punishment.

So unless you're making an argument for anarchy the only thing you can do is use any future votes wisely and vote for the party who will let you live a life as closest to what you want ;)


People travelling to Barry Island to meet with friends is not anarchy

Evidence over asymptomatic transmission is very weak so I'm not having that. You can't lock away fit healthy people. If people want to carry on with their lives, and not give into the media and govt's fear mongering, then good on them


I am afraid you are wrong again. Asymptomatic transmission is seen in children, and whilst scientists think that Primary school children do not have a big part in spread at the moment, these 9 are not baby drivers; and young adults have been behind the surge in infections leading to the last lockdown. Leading to increasing numbers through the older age groups, leading to increased hospital admissions and deaths. Here asymptomatic is not so safe, and Pre- symptomatic, (when you have the virus but have not yet become ill), is a big issue.

Nobody is locking fit young people away, we are asking them to restrict their movements, only go out for essential purposes , including exercise, as are the overwhelming majority of the population, who incidentally are finding things just as difficult. And this is a temporary measure until social distancing and vaccination can get infections rates under control.

The Government is not scaremongering, they seem to move very slow into increasing restrictions suggested to them by SAGE, are always being badgered by both the opposition parties and the Unions for being too slow. Yes they could have done better but so could we.

I do not call breaking lockdown rules “getting on with their lives”

It essentially is sticking two fingers up at he overwhelming majority of the population who are trying to do their bit by following the rules.

They are sticking their two fingers at the vastly overworked Hospital doctors who are working overtime, in very difficult conditions to try and save lives.

They are sticking their two fingers up at businesses who now find themselves closed because the irresponsible behaviour of a few have led to these destructive lockdowns.

They are also sticking their two fingers up at other innocent people trying to follow the rules who may be the last link in the infection train these people may have started and find themselves in ITU or worse because 9 idiots cannot grow up and control themselves.

WE currently have a mutation that has made this virus 50-70% more infective, that means it is much easier to get. The next mutation could make it 50-70% more virulent. The first SARS infection of 2004 had a case fatality rate

I am afraid you are clearly wrong again. You may think the evidence of asymptomatic transmission is weak, but the medical community doesn’t. Perhaps you would like to publish your research and set out your evidence base for that comment.

Whilst at present it may not be an issue in under 11’s, it is the level of asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission in adults that is making the virus so difficult to control. Especially as we now have a new variant which is 70% more transmissible, and therefore much more easily spread. This is why social distancing is so important, as is getting tested and self - isolating where appropriate. Not for the government’s sake, but for our families, friends, and neighbours.

We currently have a situation where the UTI’s in Wales are running at 152% capacity, where ITU staff are breaking themselves to make the care work; large numbers of ITU staff experiencing significant psychological strain., resulting in mental ill health. WE have almost 3000 patients in hospital beds with an illness that we did not know about a year ago. These are beds which are now not available for other patients who also have needs. WE have people unable to get investigations and treatment they need because COVID patients are, ( necessarily),using up resources that would have gone to them.

The Health sector is doing their best to work through this, and save as many lives as possible; and all we are being asked to do is to place some temporary curtailments on our lives to limit the spread of the virus. Most of the people in Wales this that is a reasonable ask, and are helping out by readily accepting that.

Nobody is “scaremongering”, it’s just that people are presented with real time data that is rather scary, those are two completely different things. Putting your fingers in your ears and not listening to the facts will not alter them I am afraid.

The point is that we are all being asked to curtail our freedoms for a short while in order to be able to enjoy them for a longer time as soon as we get on top of the virus. The vast majority of people get that. IN fact is is most people in Wales, but as the Chief Medical Officer said in his briefing today, “most is not enough”. The sad fact is that the behaviour of a small amount of people is having an impact that is way out of proportion to their number.

The very small minority who do not follow the (reasonable) rules, are either ignorant of the facts, or self centred or both.

I do not call breaking lockdown rules “getting on with their lives”. I must admit i find that comment insulting.

It essentially is sticking two fingers up at he overwhelming majority of the population who are trying to do their bit by following the rules.

It is sticking their two fingers at the vastly overworked Hospital doctors who are working overtime, in very difficult conditions to try and save lives.

It is sticking their two fingers up at large numbers of patients in pain and unable to have surgery because COVID patients are taking up vast quantities of beds. And patients with heart, and other disease who cannot be treated as promptly as they should because of the burden of care placed on the Hospital Sector by COVID.


They are sticking their two fingers up at businesses who now find themselves closed because the irresponsible behaviour of a few has led to these destructive lockdowns.

They are also sticking their two fingers up at other innocent people trying to follow the rules who may be the last link in the infection chain these people may have started and find themselves in ITU or worse because people such as these 9 idiots cannot grow up and control themselves.

Please stop trying to defend indefensible behaviour, it doesn’t make you look good.

AS far as comment about no-one has the right to tell anyone else how to live their life. Really? So no one has the right to set limits on how you drive your car on public roads, no one has the right to expect you not to kill innocent people, no one has the right to expect you not to go about robbing banks? I could go on, but that comment is patently absurd.

I think it is time to do a reality check.
bleubird62
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Re: Are these people selfish

Postby bleubird62 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 pm

bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
ffs wrote:
bleubird62 wrote:
ffs wrote:No, it's their life. They just choose not to spend it as a prisoner in their own home



So, you make it sound like a binary choice, as if it was either , or. All nine of them had plenty of opportunities to leave their homes and exercise in their own areas. It’s not as if they are being asked to do something the rest of Wales isn’t, and it’s not as if news of both the Pandemic and the severity of its impact have not reached even those areas. ( I live in one of those areas, and I have heard the news). Grow up!

There will be a time to meet up with your mates near a beach, but now is not that time. We all have to make short term sacrifices for the greater good of all.

No one asked for this Pandemic so it’s nobody’s fault that we have it, but it is everybody’s responsibility to do something about it. “It’s what you do when you live in a herd”


What I'm saying is, no-one has a right to tell anyone else how to live their life


Whilst I wish you were right, you're clearly wrong !!

The elected government of every country sets the laws which actually dictates, to a large extent, how you live your life. In this instance the elected government set a whole load of restrictions (many of which I believe are absolute nonsense !!) by which we have to abide or face prosecution/punishment.

So unless you're making an argument for anarchy the only thing you can do is use any future votes wisely and vote for the party who will let you live a life as closest to what you want ;)


People travelling to Barry Island to meet with friends is not anarchy

Evidence over asymptomatic transmission is very weak so I'm not having that. You can't lock away fit healthy people. If people want to carry on with their lives, and not give into the media and govt's fear mongering, then good on them




I am afraid you are clearly wrong again. You may think the evidence of asymptomatic transmission is weak, but the medical community doesn’t. Perhaps you would like to publish your research and set out your evidence base for that comment.

Whilst at present it may not be an issue in under 11’s, it is the level of asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission in adults that is making the virus so difficult to control. Especially as we now have a new variant which is 70% more transmissible, and therefore much more easily spread. This is why social distancing is so important, as is getting tested and self - isolating where appropriate. Not for the government’s sake, but for our families, friends, and neighbours.

We currently have a situation where the UTI’s in Wales are running at 152% capacity, where ITU staff are breaking themselves to make the care work; large numbers of ITU staff experiencing significant psychological strain., resulting in mental ill health. WE have almost 3000 patients in hospital beds with an illness that we did not know about a year ago. These are beds which are now not available for other patients who also have needs. WE have people unable to get investigations and treatment they need because COVID patients are, ( necessarily),using up resources that would have gone to them.

The Health sector is doing their best to work through this, and save as many lives as possible; and all we are being asked to do is to place some temporary curtailments on our lives to limit the spread of the virus. Most of the people in Wales this that is a reasonable ask, and are helping out by readily accepting that.

Nobody is “scaremongering”, it’s just that people are presented with real time data that is rather scary, those are two completely different things. Putting your fingers in your ears and not listening to the facts will not alter them I am afraid.

The point is that we are all being asked to curtail our freedoms for a short while in order to be able to enjoy them for a longer time as soon as we get on top of the virus. The vast majority of people get that. IN fact is is most people in Wales, but as the Chief Medical Officer said in his briefing today, “most is not enough”. The sad fact is that the behaviour of a small amount of people is having an impact that is way out of proportion to their number.

The very small minority who do not follow the (reasonable) rules, are either ignorant of the facts, or self centred or both.

I do not call breaking lockdown rules “getting on with their lives”. I must admit i find that comment insulting.

It essentially is sticking two fingers up at he overwhelming majority of the population who are trying to do their bit by following the rules.

It is sticking their two fingers at the vastly overworked Hospital doctors who are working overtime, in very difficult conditions to try and save lives.

It is sticking their two fingers up at large numbers of patients in pain and unable to have surgery because COVID patients are taking up vast quantities of beds. And patients with heart, and other disease who cannot be treated as promptly as they should because of the burden of care placed on the Hospital Sector by COVID.


They are sticking their two fingers up at businesses who now find themselves closed because the irresponsible behaviour of a few has led to these destructive lockdowns.

They are also sticking their two fingers up at other innocent people trying to follow the rules who may be the last link in the infection chain these people may have started and find themselves in ITU or worse because people such as these 9 idiots cannot grow up and control themselves.

Please stop trying to defend indefensible behaviour, it doesn’t make you look good.

AS far as comment about no-one has the right to tell anyone else how to live their life. Really? So no one has the right to set limits on how you drive your car on public roads, no one has the right to expect you not to kill innocent people, no one has the right to expect you not to go about robbing banks? I could go on, but that comment is patently absurd.

I think it is time to do a reality check.
bleubird62
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Ponty Bluebird, WestCoastBlue and 62 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.