Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fit and proper owner test. Tan would fail.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:44 am

We need to speak to someone about this.

He is clearly showing he isn’t fit and proper to run our club.

£400 million into the club. Still hundreds of millions in debt.

No money being spent in January.

Poor manager biggest yes man going.

No football men involved at the club.

The dictator isn’t even involved anymore it seems.

I mean the rebrand should show he wasn’t fit and proper. I know we are back in blue but there are thousands of fans who won’t support the club because of this.

Re: Fit and proper owner test. Tan would fail.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 am

He passed the Fit and Proper test because he was a Billionaire. He was favoured upon because he could quite easily pay off the tax bill with plenty in reserve to allow the club to continue therefore saving jobs etc etc.

However, I doubt he would pass it now with the amount of money we have lost under his ownership. Remember he took us on when we were primed for Premier football. We are now looking at mid table Championship at best and we will find ourselves in bigger debt than before. That will not look good on his CV and it would surprise me if he is allowed to own another club here in the UK.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 am

Bakedalasker wrote:He passed the Fit and Proper test because he was a Billionaire. He was favoured upon because he could quite easily pay off the tax bill with plenty in reserve to allow the club to continue therefore saving jobs etc etc.

However, I doubt he would pass it now with the amount of money we have lost under his ownership. Remember he took us on when we were primed for Premier football. We are now looking at mid table Championship at best and we will find ourselves in bigger debt than before. That will not look good on his CV and it would surprise me if he is allowed to own another club here in the UK.

We were primed for premier league football.

Literally on the edge ready for it.

Those tax bills weren’t much to worry about. Imagine them trying to close down the capital city of Wales’ football club. Never gonna happen.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:08 am

To be honest, with some of the owners that the EFL allow, the fit and proper person check is a bit of a joke.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:12 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:To be honest, with some of the owners that the EFL allow, the fit and proper person check is a bit of a joke.

Agree. But that doesn’t take away our troubles.

There should be a form of check where we are able to instigate a vote of no confidence.

Maybe we can get a protest going like we did for the red. Imagine 10,000 walking up sloper road to the ground again. All in blue.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:16 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:To be honest, with some of the owners that the EFL allow, the fit and proper person check is a bit of a joke.

There should be a form of check where we are able to instigate a vote of no confidence.

Maybe we can get a protest going like we did for the red. Imagine 10,000 walking up sloper road to the ground again. All in blue.

Err Drakeford says no.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:18 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

Err Drakeford says no.

I like your thinking but I meant afterwards.

But man would we get publicity.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

Doyley1927 wrote:

And then what? Tan leaves? The 10k marching all throw in £50,000 each? Is one of those 10k marching going to be a rich Saudi Prince by any chance?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

Be very careful what you wish for

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:31 am

How much is the club in debt?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

And then what? Tan leaves? The 10k marching all throw in £50,000 each? Is one of those 10k marching going to be a rich Saudi Prince by any chance?

I think we would be surprised by who would want to buy us.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:35 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:He passed the Fit and Proper test because he was a Billionaire. He was favoured upon because he could quite easily pay off the tax bill with plenty in reserve to allow the club to continue therefore saving jobs etc etc.

We were primed for premier league football.

Literally on the edge ready for it.

Those tax bills weren’t much to worry about. Imagine them trying to close down the capital city of Wales’ football club. Never gonna happen.

Wow

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:We need to speak to someone about this.

He is clearly showing he isn’t fit and proper to run our club.

£400 million into the club. Still hundreds of millions in debt.

No money being spent in January.

Poor manager biggest yes man going.

No football men involved at the club.

The dictator isn’t even involved anymore it seems.

I mean the rebrand should show he wasn’t fit and proper. I know we are back in blue but there are thousands of fans who won’t support the club because of this.

Get a grip, and as someone else stated, be careful what you wish for. Also see as your calendar obviously states its February, can you let me know the lottery numbers for the next 3 weeks seeing as we didn't sign anyone in January. Thanks.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:52 pm

To the original poster.

You do realise that Tan and his money have saved this club.

What evidence do you have he is not fit & proper? He owns a football club. Fit and proper is about having the financial wherewithal to ensure financial stability. If makes bad decisions and loses money that's fine, it's his money. He has loaned money to the club, written off the interest, and converted debt in to equity. would you rather have the owners of Bury, Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday??

Where does it state we are hundred of millions in debt?

You obviously don't like Tan. He has made mistakes, lots of them as we know, like the rebrand, like allowing Warnock to spend over £60m on players and their inflated wages. How much would we get back now on players like Smithies, Cunningham, Murphy, Glatzel, Tomlin and Pack , there's over £26m there and what are they worth now. And Madine, Ward, Bogle, another £8 who went for nothing.

As an owner , like in any management job you have to have faith in those you appoint, monitor them, but still give them their head. I would imagine Tan is not very happy with Dalman or Choo they way he has lost money, and now Harris too expect.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Another"beat the owner with a stick" topic,can't
we just have anti and pro tan thread's,and help clear the board a little?? Who are these buyers waiting in the wings???

Past managers have cost him a small fortune,with big money flops/long contracts on high wages etc.are they also under scrutiny, as being unfit for purpose(spending someone elses money)by failing in getting value for money???

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:03 pm

valleymodeller wrote:To the original poster.

What evidence do you have he is not fit & proper? He owns a football club. Fit and proper is about having the financial wherewithal to ensure financial stability. If makes bad decisions and loses money that's fine, it's his money. He has loaned money to the club, written off the interest, and converted debt in to equity. would you rather have the owners of Bury, Macclesfield or Sheffield Wednesday??

You obviously don't like Tan. He has made mistakes, lots of them as we know, like the rebrand, like allowing Warnock to spend over £60m on players and their inflated wages. How much would we get back now on players like Smithies, Cunningham, Murphy, Glatzel, Tomlin and Pack , there's over £26m there and what are they worth now. And Madine, Ward, Bogle, another £8 who went for nothing.

As an owner , like in any management job you have to have faith in those you appoint, monitor them, but still give them their head. I would imagine Tan is not very happy with Dalman or Choo they way he has lost money, and now Harris too expect.

I’ve read it on here constantly hundreds of millions in debt. People wouldn’t make that up. Why would they?

We wouldn’t get a lot back you are right. Smithies maybe.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:31 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

The club has effectively been available for a takeover since rebrand was reversed....don't see many knocking down the door do you?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:32 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:

I’ve read it on here constantly hundreds of millions in debt. People wouldn’t make that up. Why would they?

I think the people that keep posting we are 400 million in debt keep quoting it so people will believe it, its probably based purely on expenditure not income too, eg my bank balance is nil, and I spend a tenner I'm a tenner in debt, however my pay also goes in my bank account for 1000 pounds, so technically I am 990 pounds in profit, however some mistakingly would state i am still a tenner in debt. I read lots of stuff online, including idiots that state the holocaust hasn't happened or Covid-19 is fake, we all know neither statements are true but just cos someone wrote and said they didn't happen it doesn't mean we have to believe it.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:03 pm

This is a reason why Harris may be kept on. Okay so loan signings not permanent, but he has shown he has an eye for a player, but just unable to polish the turds in our squad!

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:11 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

Vincent Tan was 'surprised' at one (viable) bidder and knocked him back when he found out who it was... ;)

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:

How's that, then...? :?

You only 'joined' on 9th January and there is no way someone with your opinions (no matter their standard) has been a silent 'watcher' for some time

Go on, be honest here... ;)

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

You only 'joined' on 9th January and there is no way someone with your opinions (no matter their standard) has been a silent 'watcher' for some time

I like to research

Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

Vincent Tan was 'surprised' at one (viable) bidder and knocked him back when he found out who it was... ;)

Who was it?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:03 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

I like to research

Aye, aye, fella... ;) :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

I like to research

I’m confused.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:20 pm

:thumbup:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:33 am

There's enough fake news coming from America. Criticise Tan on rebrand or on factual information. Where's your evidence we wouldn't have gone to the wall.

Just because we're the capital city, don't make me laugh.

There wasn't a saviour out there, Sam was gone after running up debts with no means to pay it.

The Riddler was robbing Peter to pay Paul on a daily basis

Tan didn't come to the club and buy anyone out. The club went to him on hands and knees and begged him to get involved in something he knew nothing about.

He originally only invested 6 million to keep the club going

Cardiff City are facing their second winding up order over an unpaid debt to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

The Championship club was issued the petition on 23 December over unpaid tax and will face a winding up order in the High Court on Wednesday, 10 February.

Let's get things right before spouting nonsense.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:38 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

I like to research

I’m confused.

I don't think that Is in doubt :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:44 am

dorsetblue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:

I think the people that keep posting we are 400 million in debt keep quoting it so people will believe it, its probably based purely on expenditure not income too, eg my bank balance is nil, and I spend a tenner I'm a tenner in debt, however my pay also goes in my bank account for 1000 pounds, so technically I am 990 pounds in profit, however some mistakingly would state i am still a tenner in debt. I read lots of stuff online, including idiots that state the holocaust hasn't happened or Covid-19 is fake, we all know neither statements are true but just cos someone wrote and said they didn't happen it doesn't mean we have to believe it.

F@ck me,if we were 400 million in debt,that's roughly half of tans worth, What with covid hitting his other businesses and no gate income this year to boot,no wonder he's trimming the squad :lol: he'll run out of money soon :? :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 am

After reading the content of op posts I look at just recently joined the forum and think hmm Roathie :shock: