Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would love to see club owned by fans and willing to help financially.

Poll ended at Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:42 pm

Yes. Sign me up we can do bett
20%
Yes. But can’t afford to help
3%
No. We can’t do any better
17%
No. We don’t have the finances
60%

Total votes : 30

A city fans consortium Poll.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:42 pm

This is very much an idea at the earlier stages and if I can get this going then I’m not qualified enough nor do I have the time to commit.

But first of all are there people generally interested in doing something for the club and pulling together to get our club back, as recently it seems to be a major problem and the cause of our problems.

Time for us to put our money where our mouth is and take action.

Re: A city fans consortium Poll.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:43 pm

Come on bluebirds let’s decide our own destiny. How hard can it be?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm

You do realise what the running costs are of a club like Cardiff city?

Or the business experience needed to run a multi million pound company ?

Or the apparent Football experience needed

Or the time and effort it takes to manage a club like this

This type of thing only works for league 2 clubs and below who have no ambition other than to survive financially

If you want championship level ownership its a whole different ball game and requires a billionaire not a millionaire to achieve it .

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm

I think we might have more options than a fans consortium.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:58 pm

Let’s try. Apparently no ones happy with the current situation but don’t do anything about it. Let’s all pull together we sleeping giants, some here could run it in they sleep. It be more difficult finding the right guy out of all the high level candidates we would have.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:15 pm

Ridiculous..,talking millions and millions
Bluebirds 2000 was hard enough.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:Let’s try. Apparently no ones happy with the current situation but don’t do anything about it. Let’s all pull together we sleeping giants, some here could run it in they sleep. It be more difficult finding the right guy out of all the high level candidates we would have.

Ok so you are now owner of Cardiff city after some how finding probably £100 million to buy out Tan .

Wages are due next week so can you just pay the £2 million monthly wage bill for the players to get it out of the way

Oh and also all the staff that are still working in and around the club

We now need to find a board of directors with knowledge of a high level business plus a football man to advise them on football matters and pay them enough to take the job

Also we will need to sack Harris as the fans have turned so we need to pay up his multi million pound contract and hire someone new to manage the team. That will either mean buying them out of a club or paying high wages to a out of work manager so we will need a team to either go and negotiate or hold interviews

Also the new manager will want his own team so you need to go and sack the guys already here and pay them up aswell

Oh and dont forget you had yo promise the new manager funds in the transfer window to get him here so can you throw in about £10 mill to buy some players to get promoted please .

And we have only just started

Don't forget we have no more parachute payments so you will have to reduce outgoings on player wages without upsetting fans and weakening the squad

We also have already had most of next years season ticket money as it hasn't been used this season due to a pandemic so we won't have much income from that

Also we need to find a new way of making money to pay the clubs running costs with no premier league payments , no merchandise sales , no ticket sales and no match day consessions sales.

Good luck as that is just the tip of the iceberg
Last edited by thomasblue on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:Let’s try. Apparently no ones happy with the current situation but don’t do anything about it. Let’s all pull together we sleeping giants, some here could run it in they sleep. It be more difficult finding the right guy out of all the high level candidates we would have.

Imagine if that 400 million came in to our club and we were in charge of it? Minus the wasted money.

Numerous managers and payoffs, numerous CEOs.

Players bought and paid off.

Court cases.

Wasted money all over.

1 million a year wages each for Dalman and Choo at least.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 pm

thomasblue wrote:You do realise what the running costs are of a club like Cardiff city?

This type of thing only works for league 2 clubs and below who have no ambition other than to survive financially

If you want championship level ownership its a whole different ball game and requires a billionaire not a millionaire to achieve it .

I know but if we get a group together we can get a loan approved pretty easy I’d imagine. Use the clubs assets which would be no risk. As we will appoint a football man who will take us to the premier league use the cash to pay off the loan and at the same time attract top half prem players who are happy to play for non league wages. Helping us balance the books.

Our trump card is the wealth of ITk know it all’s that we can fall back on.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
thomasblue wrote:You do realise what the running costs are of a club like Cardiff city?

I know but if we get a group together we can get a loan approved pretty easy I’d imagine. Use the clubs assets which would be no risk. As we will appoint a football man who will take us to the premier league use the cash to pay off the loan and at the same time attract top half prem players who are happy to play for non league wages. Helping us balance the books.

If only we had a football man who still has an affinity to the club and quite deep pockets.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:51 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

If only we had a football man who still has an affinity to the club and quite deep pockets.

Sam ?

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

It would be fun. Certainly won’t lack for ambition.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:This is very much an idea at the earlier stages and if I can get this going then I’m not qualified enough nor do I have the time to commit.

But first of all are there people generally interested in doing something for the club and pulling together to get our club back, as recently it seems to be a major problem and the cause of our problems.

Time for us to put our money where our mouth is and take action.

So you seriously think you can raise £160-180m ?

Deluded !

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:00 pm

f*cking hell. I doubt you’d be able to fund a League 2 team let alone Cardiff City. How many teams in the UK are owned and run by the fans? Absolutely deluded :roll:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:00 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

Rean ..

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

Some people have short memories or look at Hammam’s time through rose tinted glasses.

So you’d go back to probable bankruptcy and all this days like Black Friday ? His time has gone and the vast majority of fans, other than some on this forum, would not be in favour.

Oh, just one more thing. Sam would get nowhere near raising £160-180m required !! Dream on !!

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:04 pm

skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

Rean ..

If it stops him posting on here and his YouTube videos then happy days.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:05 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

Some people have short memories or look at Hammam’s time through rose tinted glasses.

So you’d go back to probable bankruptcy and all this days like Black Friday ? His time has gone and the vast majority of fans, other than some on this forum, would not be in favour.

Oh, just one more thing. Sam would get nowhere near raising £160-180m required !! Dream on !!

Well the status quo is not working.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

Maybe, maybe not. But there is no realistic option other than Tan. Fact.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:32 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

we do not really know how much VT would accept...

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:33 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

The only facts I care about are

£400 million in
Debt still over £100 million
10 managers (soon to be 11)
6 CEOs
And a painter in charge of our transfers

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

£400 million in
6 CEOs

How about 2 promotions, a cup final, 2 seasons in the Premier League, 3 play off finishes in 11 years? Arguably our most successful period in the clubs history?

Also 10 managers? Harris, Warnock,Trollope, Slade, Ole, Malky, Jones.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:47 pm

I think this is possibly the worst idea I've ever seen on here.

To be honest, I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:49 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

£400 million in
6 CEOs

How about 2 promotions, a cup final, 2 seasons in the Premier League, 3 play off finishes in 11 years? Arguably our most successful period in the clubs history?

I’d expect more for £400 million.

Kerlsake, Young, Gabbiadon equals ten

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Sam ?

Why not?

£400 million in
6 CEOs

Gabbidon, Young , Kerslake.. are where the 10 come from.. i think its 7 but eh oh...

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Ok Why not?

It would be fun. Certainly won’t lack for ambition.[/quote]

Oh, just one more thing. Sam would get nowhere near raising £160-180m required !! Dream on !![/quote]

Well the status quo is not working.[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. But there is no realistic option other than Tan. Fact.[/quote]

£400 million in
6 CEOs
And a painter in charge of our transfers[/quote]

Also 10 managers? Harris, Warnock,Trollope, Slade, Ole, Malky, Jones.[/quote]

Gabbidon, Young , Kerslake.. are where the 10 come from.. i think its 7 but eh oh...[/quote]

Well facts are facts. Ten managers. Each were paid as manager. Each had a plaque for the manager’s office.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I think this is possibly the worst idea I've ever seen on here.

To be honest, I can't tell if you're joking or not.

:lol: :lol: Covid on the Brains. :lol: :lol: :lol: More chance of the pope buying a brothel :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:33 pm

Self employed
furlowed myself mate
skint

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:01 am

I'm just disappointed anyone gave this thread/poll the time of day to actually vote... :oops:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:23 am

Interesting. In the early days. 12 votes 11 think we could do a better job than tan.