Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Allardyce plans to be “extremely busy” in the January tr

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Sam Allardyce plans to be “extremely busy” in the January transfer window after Saturday’s FA Cup exit at the hands of Blackpool highlighted a lack of quality in the West Brom squad as they continue their fight against relegation.

Sky Sports

Monday 10th January 2021

Allardyce had urged his fringe players to use the third-round tie at Bloomfield Road to show they could contribute to the fight for Premier League safety, but they twice found themselves chasing the game against League One opposition before being beaten 3-2 in a penalty shoot-out at the end of a 2-2 draw.

Robert Snodgrass was not involved after only completing his move from West Ham on Friday, with Allardyce hoping the Scot is just the first of several new faces this month with the Baggies still six points from safety and without a win since the end of November.

“I’m hoping to be extremely busy in the window as I have been extremely busy in every window,” Allardyce said.

“It’s part of the process to work tirelessly on outs and ins until the end of January. Everybody knows what we need to do. We need to move players in this window. We need to bring players in.

“Everybody needs players, but I think more than anybody in the Premier League we need players to give us a chance of moving out of the position we’re in.”

Re: Sam Allardyce plans to be “extremely busy” in the Januar

Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Big Kenny Z waiting by the phone for Sam's call bringing him back to be the hero.

"I'm back!"