Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Breaking: I got told today / Neil Harris ?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:56 pm

I believe it’s true, but got told today.

I got told today so thought I’d inform you that Harris rejected his compensation package early Sunday morning Talks still on going.

But apparently there’s no one really from the academy that they’d like to step in the first team. So it looks like harris is staying until they sort replacement from what I’ve been told, but club now actively speaking to managers.

Harris I believe has 18months left on his contract.

Discussions have been going on all night & this morning. (Saturday night and Sunday morning & today)

Tan is fuming and believes we should have got promoted this season.

So basically it seems like stuck with harris until they find the replacement, if true.

Sol Bamba
Bamba apparently doesn’t have his badges ready to take over as caretaker and us currently ill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Breaking: I got told today / Neil Harris is & Bamba?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 pm

I dont blame Tan for being fuming

He has every right to be after giving Harris full backing during the Windows.

We should at least be in the top 6 with this squad

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:06 pm

I've criticised Neil Harris, and believe he should go.

But can't blame him for trying to get more money before he goes. He has time on his contract so has the right to demand it.

I believe this will get sorted soon and he will go.

I've been saying for a while that Bamba doesn't have the experience or qualifications to take over, so this doesn't surprise me.

It takes a while to get the right badges to be in charge of a Championship club, so I think he can be ruled out.

They should start speaking to possible replacements now, if they haven't already done so.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Craig Bellamy - Young Welsh And Got The Attitude To Guide Players.
David Wagner - Got Promotion With Huddersfield

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Craig Bellamy - Young Welsh And Got The Attitude To Guide Players.
David Wagner - Got Promotion With Huddersfield

Wagner was in charge of Schalke recently and went 18 games without winning.

Definitely not.

I'll be amazed if Bellamy ever works for Tan.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

I would only want Bellamy if he had Kompany with him

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I believe it’s true, but got told today.

I got told today so thought I’d inform you that Harris rejected his compensation package early Sunday morning Talks still on going.

But apparently there’s no one really from the academy that they’d like to step in the first team. So it looks like harris is staying until they sort replacement from what I’ve been told, but club now actively speaking to managers.

Harris I believe has 18months left on his contract.

Discussions have been going on all night & this morning. (Saturday night and Sunday morning & today)

Tan is fuming and believes we should have got promoted this season.

So basically it seems like stuck with harris until they find the replacement, if true.

Sol Bamba
Bamba apparently doesn’t have his badges ready to take over as caretaker and us currently ill.

compensation package? If club sack him don’t they just pay up his contract?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:21 pm

Failed. Sack. Now.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Not sure that you need the badges to be a caretaker manager?
Also do we really want Harris taking charge of the team when he knows he's on his way out? Get rid now!!

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Failed. Sack. Now.

Do you actually read the posts on here?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Failed. Sack. Now.

Do you actually read the posts on here?

Yes.Why?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:29 pm

few things here which don't make sense, NH rejected his compensation package....so they asked would he step down if he got his compo, he has said no....if they wanted to sack him, he couldnt just say no. and refuse. so they havent been trying to sack him, from that they have asked him to leave.

and i believe as "caretaker manager" you don't actually need the badges, from what i remember reading, as long as the club are actively seeking a replacement, a caretaker manager is just a temporary fix.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:31 pm

No sympathy for Tan and Co. They chose the useless tw*t as manager.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:31 pm

If this is true, I certainly wouldnt want him in charge of a team on Saturday.

How would you feel as a player taking orders from a dead man walking?? ( not that the players care anyway )

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 pm

I'm all for Harris being sacked as the football is dire also this is the worst team we've had since we've been in the Championship.If a new manager is brought in we need at least five players just to be safe in mid table.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:37 pm

bluebird04 wrote:few things here which don't make sense, NH rejected his compensation package....so they asked would he step down if he got his compo, he has said no....if they wanted to sack him, he couldnt just say no. and refuse. so they havent been trying to sack him, from that they have asked him to leave.

and i believe as "caretaker manager" you don't actually need the badges, from what i remember reading, as long as the club are actively seeking a replacement, a caretaker manager is just a temporary fix.

Up to you, but I got it from a very genuine person and usually spot on. Can only say it’s exactly what he told me :thumbright: :bluebird:

You usually don’t agree , what ever I say.

So it’s up to you how you take it.

AND ITS 100% not from Daya

He has just copied my post :lol:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm

Has to be truth in this as no owners would want to keep Harris now

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm

I HONESTLY believed he wouldn’t last the weekend.Really ope you are right and him gone soon

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:42 pm

Just doesn’t add up ..
Caretaker managers do t need to have their badges.
Why would they keep Harris on just because he turned down package, they would remove him and sort that out later.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:43 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:I'm all for Harris being sacked as the football is dire also this is the worst team we've had since we've been in the Championship.If a new manager is brought in we need at least five players just to be safe in mid table.

We won't be relegated. Even if Harris stayed until the end of the season, we would still comfortably pick up enough points to not go down.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:few things here which don't make sense, NH rejected his compensation package....so they asked would he step down if he got his compo, he has said no....if they wanted to sack him, he couldnt just say no. and refuse. so they havent been trying to sack him, from that they have asked him to leave.

Up to you, but I got it from a very genuine person and usually spot on. Can only say it’s exactly what he told me :thumbright: :bluebird:

annis i think you will find over the past few years i've agreed with most of what you have said, i think the "i dont usually agree with you" statement is from the 2 previous topics you done. in 1 i stated about i wouldnt want malky back because if it went wrong, he wouldnt be remembered what he achieved to which you disagreed and said however way i try to twist it

and the second one was when i said, regarding the benko going back to leicester and flint coming to us, i stated i believed it was more along the lines of we cannot afford both and harris didnt want to plainly say it. to which you said it was bullshit as flint has been injured for weeks....when i made no mention of flint being injured or anything, just the fact of funds.

in regards to this post, i am not "disagreeing with what you say" im simply saying it sounds like, we asked harris to take his compo and walk, rather than sacking him, as i find it hard to hard to believe tan would sack him, for harris to reject his compo and then still be in a job, when we all now fully well, what tan wants he usually gets.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm

Why has not Harris been put on gardening leave and surely there must be someone capable/qualified to step in as caretaker manager. We have not had this problem before.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:49 pm

The only thing I can’t understand is Bamba , maybe never completed them?

Said a while back

Sol Bamba:

"That's the plan," he said on Sky Sports when asked about going into coaching. "I'm doing the badges, I've done the (UEFA) B, I'm doing the A now.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The only thing I can’t understand is Bamba , maybe never completed them?

Said a while back

Sol Bamba:

"That's the plan," he said on Sky Sports when asked about going into coaching. "I'm doing the badges, I've done the (UEFA) B, I'm doing the A now.

Thought Bamba was destined for Middlesborough?

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:51 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

annis i think you will find over the past few years i've agreed with most of what you have said, i think the "i dont usually agree with you" statement is from the 2 previous topics you done. in 1 i stated about i wouldnt want malky back because if it went wrong, he wouldnt be remembered what he achieved to which you disagreed and said however way i try to twist it

and the second one was when i said, regarding the benko going back to leicester and flint coming to us, i stated i believed it was more along the lines of we cannot afford both and harris didnt want to plainly say it. to which you said it was bullshit as flint has been injured for weeks....when i made no mention of flint being injured or anything, just the fact of funds.

in regards to this post, i am not "disagreeing with what you say" im simply saying it sounds like, we asked harris to take his compo and walk, rather than sacking him, as i find it hard to hard to believe tan would sack him, for harris to reject his compo and then still be in a job, when we all now fully well, what tan wants he usually gets.

Ok fair enough.

As to compensation no one wants to pay a manager in full if they want him gone early.
Every intelligent owner would try and do a deal, compensate them is the word used.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The only thing I can’t understand is Bamba , maybe never completed them?

Said a while back

Sol Bamba:

Thought Bamba was destined for Middlesborough?

Ian,

That’s what I believe will happen with Bamba eventually.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:54 pm

After NH after match interview on saturday, i believe he already knew his time was up.
Quite bullish interview ,stating how he raised expectations last season.
Criticising Clubs transfer policy.
Benkovic put out to dry as well.
Really was, if you want me gone, sack me then.
Id be suprised if he is still in charge by saturday.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:55 pm

If they sacked him they would have to fully pay up.his contract what they are offering is a package that is going to save city money. If theystopped him doing his job he could claim all his contract plus compensation under constructive dismissal. Harris do the right thing and accept whatever you are offered, you don't deserve anything :banghead:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm

Igovernor wrote:If they sacked him they would have to fully pay up.his contract what they are offering is a package that is going to save city money. Of the stopped him doing his job he could claim all his contract plus compensation under constructive dismissal. Harris do the right thing and accept whatever you are offered, do don't deserve anything :banghead:

Spot on Roger :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:If they sacked him they would have to fully pay up.his contract what they are offering is a package that is going to save city money. Of the stopped him doing his job he could claim all his contract plus compensation under constructive dismissal. Harris do the right thing and accept whatever you are offered, do don't deserve anything :banghead:

Spot on Roger :thumbright: :thumbright:

VT won’t worry about money, Harris and his crew not on mega money. He will be more angry that the team haven’t performed. :ayatollah: