Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sign Lyle Taylor

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:08 am

seems to be the only footballer with brains and courage left.

we need more brave men like this.

Re: Sign Lyle Taylor

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 pm

robjohn wrote:seems to be the only footballer with brains and courage left.

we need more brave men like this.

i thought he would have been a good signing last summer ..was out of contract....
must be very difficult to go against if you have team mates who are flat out for doing it .....should never have started...

Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am

Liked this player for a while now. Battles hard and has a bit of a nasty streak and will bully defenders and wind them up. Would have been a great option to have.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Refused to play for Charlton after the restart because he wanted a move and money. A decision that relegated charlton.

Back end of 30 years old

4 goals and 0 assists in 23 championship games this season. 325 minutes per goal.

Moore- 8 goals and 2 assists in 18 championship games. 185 minutes per goal.
Glatzel- 3 goals and 2 assists in 18 championship games. 278 minutes per goal.

It's a no from me, get jephcott from plymouth instead. Young, Welsh, 12 in 17 league 1 games.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Refused to play for Charlton after the restart because he wanted a move and money. A decision that relegated charlton.

Back end of 30 years old

4 goals and 0 assists in 23 championship games this season. 325 minutes per goal.

It's a no from me, get jephcott from plymouth instead. Young, Welsh, 12 in 17 league 1 games.

Bit unfair on glatzel, how many has he actually started?
But agree,if this guy hadnt scored against us,would he have even been mentioned? Apart from his stance on blm,cant say id heard of him tbf.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 am

bluesince62 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:Refused to play for Charlton after the restart because he wanted a move and money. A decision that relegated charlton.

Back end of 30 years old

But agree,if this guy hadnt scored against us,would he have even been mentioned? Apart from his stance on blm,cant say id heard of him tbf.

It’s a valid point as the 18 Championship games can be misleading, but it shouldn’t have too much effect on his minutes per goal ratio. There’s a player in there somewhere as he’s got talent and can strike a ball. I’d like to see him be more physical.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Back end of 30 years old

It’s a valid point as the 18 Championship games can be misleading, but it shouldn’t have too much effect on his minutes per goal ratio. There’s a player in there somewhere as he’s got talent and can strike a ball. I’d like to see him be more physical.

He definitely can strike the ball, my concern is the same,his physicality.but in fairness,hes come from a background in germany,where they tend to play more football and less argey bargey.
Hes definitely not a lone target man type of player though.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Back end of 30 years old

He definitely can strike the ball, my concern is the same,his physicality.but in fairness,hes come from a background in germany,where they tend to play more football and less argey bargey.
Hes definitely not a lone target man type of player though.

A good assessment of him. :thumbup: