Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan “Our Immediate Future” :

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:33 pm

No quotes / just me asking questions / opinion & straight down the middle :bluebird:

“Our Immediate Future” :

Will be crystal clear in the next few days. The choice of who the new manager is will tell us

what Mr Tan’s plans are.

If we get a recognized manager we will know that he means business and will back his man - because a strong manager will not sign on if he is not given assurances of funds available to buy or pay wages for the players he needs.

If it is another yes man - it means that watching the purse strings is the main consideration.

I have to admit that this is a tough call for Mr Tan .

If he launches out with a top manager he will be complemented for his ambition but if our results do not improve dramatically - he will be blamed for endangering our financial position further.

However , if he gets a yes man - few fans will see or accept the prudence of financial safety and will accuse Mr Tan of lacking ambition and giving up on fighting for a place in the playoffs.

At this time - I am glad that I am not Vincent Tan. It is a tough call. What will it be ? We will soon know.

What would you do if you were Mr Tan ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vincent Tan “Our Immediate Future” :

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

So has Harris gone then??

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Whatever he does people will moan

If he hires Mourinho tomorrow and he doesn't get us promoted it will be because Tan withheld funds or he got involved in team selection or we should have signed a championship managers it was a bad call.

Whatever Tan does he will not win either way .

I hope whatever he does it is just a solid choice not a gamble and the manager is given time to suit the funds given. Harris was given thst luxury and failed

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Vincent Tan has been very quiet recently, and this is a chance for him to make a big statement one way or the other.

Am guessing that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes apart from choosing who the new manager might be.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 pm

thomasblue wrote:Whatever he does people will moan

If he hires Mourinho tomorrow and he doesn't get us promoted it will be because Tan withheld funds or he got involved in team selection or we should have signed a championship managers it was a bad call.

I hope whatever he does it is just a solid choice not a gamble and the manager is given time to suit the funds given. Harris was given thst luxury and failed

So you think just over 12 months and 2 transfer windows is enough time to give a manager do you?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Vincent Tan has been very quiet recently, and this is a chance for him to make a big statement one way or the other.

Am guessing that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes apart from choosing who the new manager might be.

Might suggest you stop GUESSING!!

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:13 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Vincent Tan has been very quiet recently, and this is a chance for him to make a big statement one way or the other.

Might suggest you stop GUESSING!!

At the moment, with the world as it is, with every business there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

I CAN only guess, because, unlike some on here, I'm a million miles from being ITK neither do I know anyone at the club.

I criticise the club for lack of communication, but in reality if NOTHING was going on behind the scenes I would be really worried.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 pm

He won’t win either way. If he hires someone cheap and for stability in the league, like with Slade for example, he’ll get slated for having no ambition and not caring about the club. If he goes for a big name and backs them, Howe, Pulis, etc. In a few years time we’ll be having the conversation about our debt and money wasted etc.

The only possible win I can see is if Bellamy comes in as that seems to be the only cheap option people will consider.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Did Vincent Tan actually comment "Our immediate future will be crystal clear in a few days"? :?

It's just not clear in the OP :thumbup:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Mr Tan is never going to win on this one :roll:

We need to remember that this is not his only business and they have all taken a hit as has everything else.
Few points I have been thinking about....( If Harris goes )
New manager will want his own staff so more cost getting rid of Harris' staff.
Who in a global pandemic are going to buy any of our players ( if as reported,they are on silly wages and I'm not getting into who paid what for who !! )
Funds for new players, let's be honest we need a clear out!! Four maybe five windows.
Perhaps a young unknown manager with a DoF ( but that's another wage )

So does Mr Tan just tread water and get accused of lack of ambition. I would.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Am I missing something here. Doesn't our current manager need to leave before we replace him?

I hope we don't manage this in the same circumstances as WBA did with Bilic, that was poor form.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:10 pm

Get Malky back in now

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:47 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:

So you think just over 12 months and 2 transfer windows is enough time to give a manager do you?

I think 15 months of him is enough to realise its gone stale at all levels within the playing groups. Its a results business and regardless of his great achievements last season he needs to go now.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:59 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

I think 15 months of him is enough to realise its gone stale at all levels within the playing groups. Its a results business and regardless of his great achievements last season he needs to go now.

15 months in charge
£50 million squad to start with
10 signings coming in
£4 million spent
6 premier league loan signings

Yes 15 months is long enough to see a change or improvement in a squad given the investment by the board.
We have gone massively backwards in the table and have lost 4 games in a row , soon to be 5 on Saturday.

Players have stopped playing for him and the manager is public blaming players for losses

Fans are calling for his head already

Its obvious it s time to go

15 months is enough time to see some sort of direction or improvement

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:38 pm

If Harris has been sacked, who at the club has the responsibility of appointing a new manager?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 pm

Seen Russell Slade in town :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:51 pm

I saw Noddy Holder from Slade in Cardiff. He do a better job

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

If Harris has been sacked, who at the club is responsible for finding his replacement?

Does anybody know?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 pm

spikeferndale wrote:If Harris has been sacked, who at the club is responsible for finding his replacement?

Does anybody know?

I believe Dalman would have the biggest say in that? Aside from Tan obviously.

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

spikeferndale wrote:If Harris has been sacked, who at the club is responsible for finding his replacement?

Does anybody know?

Mehmet Dalman interviewing before making his recommendation to Vincent Tan

Some interviews preliminary already taken place but ongoing

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Sven wrote:

Does anybody know?

Are you suggesting Harris has been sacked, and other are being interviewed?

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm

Sven wrote:Did Vincent Tan actually comment "Our immediate future will be crystal clear in a few days"? :?

I very much doubt it's a direct quote from Vincent Tan, but the OP could easily clear it up for us. If it's not a direct quote then it's a very misleading thread..sadly

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:43 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Does anybody know?

I'm not suggesting he's been sacked; I was told that talks for him to leave are ongoing but I would be surprised if he is in charge of the team for Saturday, although anything is possible at the CCS

Equally, it is not unusual for a club to have a new guy sorted before they announce a departure

It will all come out but in the meantime we will continue to have some people to say one thing and others oppose that view until it is out in the open either way

Let's not forget this is a Forum for discussion and few, if any of us can be 100% confident of being completely right, as things change rapidly; but I am comfortable with what I was told and of the club's desire to go in another direction right now

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:50 pm

moonboots wrote:
Sven wrote:Did Vincent Tan actually comment "Our immediate future will be crystal clear in a few days"? :?

I very much doubt it's a direct quote from Vincent Tan, but the OP could easily clear it up for us. If it's not a direct quote then it's a very misleading thread..sadly

It didn't appear to be quote but I wasn't questioning the OP; just whether Tan had made comment on the situation. The content of the thread itself was valid, if taken in context

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:03 am

Sven wrote:
JasonFowler1991 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Does anybody know?

I'm not suggesting he's been sacked; I was told that talks for him to leave are ongoing but I would be surprised if he is in charge of the team for Saturday, although anything is possible at the CCS

Equally, it is not unusual for a club to have a new guy sorted before they announce a departure

It will all come out but in the meantime we will continue to have some people to say one thing and others oppose that view until it is out in the open either way

Let's not forget this is a Forum for discussion and few, if any of us can be 100% confident of being completely right, as things change rapidly; but I am comfortable with what I was told and of the club's desire to go in another direction right now

Wasn't questioning the legitimacy of the claim, just clarifying. I hope we aren't talking to other managers whilst Harris is still under contract though. I thought it was really poor form from West Brom, to sack their manager in the way they did. I hope we don't go down that path.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:05 am

Sven wrote:
moonboots wrote:

It didn't appear to be quote but I wasn't questioning the OP; just whether Tan had made comment on the situation. The content of the thread itself was valid, if taken in context

Well, if you put words within speech marks it certainly suggests that it was a quote and therefore if it was knowingly not a direct quote but just dressed up as one then you could argue that it was designed to be misleading. People in the thread are asking if Harris has been sacked. It certainly looks like something has happened or is shortly about happen. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:52 am

moonboots wrote:
Sven wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Well, if you put words within speech marks it certainly suggests that it was a quote and therefore if it was knowingly not a direct quote but just dressed up as one then you could argue that it was designed to be misleading. People in the thread are asking if Harris has been sacked. It certainly looks like something has happened or is shortly about happen. :thumbup:

Yes, my apologies. I simply meant to say the first part looked like a quote (with"...") but the second part didn't; hence the question :thumbright:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 am

No sorry Chris, There are no quotes from Tan or anyone , it’s me saying things and asking questions and trying to be down the middle .

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

No sorry Chris, There are no quotes from Tan or anyone , it’s me saying things and asking questions and trying to be down the middle .

Thanks for clearing up, Annis; the thread was still valid though :thumbup:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks for clearing up, Annis; the thread was still valid though :thumbup:

Your welcome Chris :thumbright: :bluebird: