OT- No vaccine no sick pay

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 pm

That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:42 pm

To quote a famous scientist "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" :lol:
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:To quote a famous scientist "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" :lol:


Saw that on Twitter when he put it on.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:58 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:To quote a famous scientist "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" :lol:


Saw that on Twitter when he put it on.


Dam,I thought that was me being original. :oops:
User avatar
Sneggyblubird
 
Posts: 6166
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Illegal :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 pm

Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.[/quote

If an employee has a contact and it says sick pay they cannot stop paying them, and any contract that was signed more than a year ago will certainly not have anything written in about Covid19 and vaccinations!
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:40 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.[/quote

If an employee has a contact and it says sick pay they cannot stop paying them, and any contract that was signed more than a year ago will certainly not have anything written in about Covid19 and vaccinations!


Ways and means to do that.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby glas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 pm

This is a difficult issue. Although it sounds the right thing to do in several ways (protect the employee, other employees and the business) I do not think it will be enforceable or the right thing to do, even though I speak as a business owner.

It seems another step on the slippery slope to government/big business/political mass control, and taking away people's personal freedoms and choice.
Surely it is a person's personal choice, and at their own health risk if they do not have the vaccine?
Herd immunity will eventually kick in and protect even those who are not vaccinated.

The unions/lawyers will have a major issue with this. If it is not in your contract of employment, how can it be enforced, even if it is for the benefit of the employee, other employees and the business? Your employment contractual duties are set when you sign that contract (unless there are specific clauses , whatever they may be).

It will be different for casual/job contracted workers.

I will have the vaccine when offered, as I feel it is safe, and offers protection for me and my family/friends/people I work with, and for.
glas
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:05 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby skidemin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:To quote a famous scientist "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" :lol:


Saw that on Twitter when he put it on.


Dam,I thought that was me being original. :oops:



twitter is exactly where it belongs....on the ancestors of those that avoided nuremberg group.....
skidemin
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.[/quote

If an employee has a contact and it says sick pay they cannot stop paying them, and any contract that was signed more than a year ago will certainly not have anything written in about Covid19 and vaccinations!


Ways and means to do that.

Go on then, Einstein; enlighten us, the great unwashed...! :roll:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 19436
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.[/quote

If an employee has a contact and it says sick pay they cannot stop paying them, and any contract that was signed more than a year ago will certainly not have anything written in about Covid19 and vaccinations!


Ways and means to do that.

Go on then, Einstein; enlighten us, the great unwashed...! :roll:


Sadly there are going to be a lot of people who will fill the roles if people won’t agree to new contracts.

Look what happened with Asda and it’s employees and changing their contracts. Many agreed to the changes and those that didn’t were let go. Asda aren’t the only company who have done that.

And bearing in mind we are now out of the EU and that might affect the protections offered to workers.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby skidemin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Illegal :thumbup:


How?

Companies don’t have to give sick pay.[/quote

If an employee has a contact and it says sick pay they cannot stop paying them, and any contract that was signed more than a year ago will certainly not have anything written in about Covid19 and vaccinations!


Ways and means to do that.

Go on then, Einstein; enlighten us, the great unwashed...! :roll:


Sadly there are going to be a lot of people who will fill the roles if people won’t agree to new contracts.

Look what happened with Asda and it’s employees and changing their contracts. Many agreed to the changes and those that didn’t were let go. Asda aren’t the only company who have done that.

And bearing in mind we are now out of the EU and that might affect the protections offered to workers.



the question people should be asking is whats next.... how long before the nutjobs comparing not having a vaccine to walking around with a gun shooting people consider not having the flu vaccine as a firearm...
skidemin
 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby carlton58 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Wont it come under the health and safety act which states an employee will take all reasonable steps to safeguard himself and his colleagues
carlton58
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.


So what are their findings then - by having a jab ??
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.


So what are their findings then - by having a jab ??


Basically have been told that the current sick pay they get they won’t get for Covid should they refuse the vaccination.

All three are due vaccines pretty soon.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.


So what are their findings then - by having a jab ??


Basically have been told that the current sick pay they get they won’t get for Covid should they refuse the vaccination.

All three are due vaccines pretty soon.


Really - Pretty soon ?? Are you aware of the system in order for the jabs ???
PM - Has said you can not be forced to take the jab :o - How does that work then ??
Some jobs today .....You don't get paid for the 1st 3 days you go on the sick - Will they change the rules now ???
I've had a jab .... I'm now Covid - Free ??? ( Or am I ??? ) :?
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 20337
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.


So what are their findings then - by having a jab ??


Basically have been told that the current sick pay they get they won’t get for Covid should they refuse the vaccination.

All three are due vaccines pretty soon.


Really - Pretty soon ?? Are you aware of the system in order for the jabs ???
PM - Has said you can not be forced to take the jab :o - How does that work then ??
Some jobs today .....You don't get paid for the 1st 3 days you go on the sick - Will they change the rules now ???
I've had a jab .... I'm now Covid - Free ??? ( Or am I ??? ) :?

Tony, the only thing this deliberate fool is 'aware' of is his own banal efforts to appear (something he is not) clever :oops:
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their gutter level and beat you with experience!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 19436
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:11 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

I know of a few companies who are implementing this rule.

Thoughts?

I think it’s the future to be fair .


Which companies ??? - Fire Away ;)


A care home and two opticians that I have been told about personally.


So what are their findings then - by having a jab ??


Basically have been told that the current sick pay they get they won’t get for Covid should they refuse the vaccination.

All three are due vaccines pretty soon.


Really - Pretty soon ?? Are you aware of the system in order for the jabs ???
PM - Has said you can not be forced to take the jab :o - How does that work then ??
Some jobs today .....You don't get paid for the 1st 3 days you go on the sick - Will they change the rules now ???
I've had a jab .... I'm now Covid - Free ??? ( Or am I ??? ) :?


Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

2 x opticians, 1 x care worker.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

2 x opticians, 1 x care worker.

Would you please use one of your other usernames so that we can see who we are really replying too, thanks :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 am

Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

2 x opticians, 1 x care worker.

Would you please use one of your other usernames so that we can see who we are really replying too, thanks :thumbup:


Such cynical people.

Did you start on here with one username?
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 am

Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

2 x opticians, 1 x care worker.

Would you please use one of your other usernames so that we can see who we are really replying too, thanks :thumbup:


Such cynical people.

Did you start on here with one username?


Yes I did, the one I have still got, now that you have admitted that you have other usernames, perhaps yo can tell us what they are?
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:59 am

Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:That’s gonna be a thing apparently.

Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

2 x opticians, 1 x care worker.

Would you please use one of your other usernames so that we can see who we are really replying too, thanks :thumbup:


Such cynical people.

Did you start on here with one username?


Yes I did, the one I have still got, now that you have admitted that you have other usernames, perhaps yo can tell us what they are?


I’ve not admitted that. My point is why have you only got one username yet I must have more than one?
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:05 pm

And my point remains.

My ex wife has been told the above, she’s an optician. She told me another optical company are doing the same and my sister in law has been told it who is a care worker.

I don’t care a f**k if anyone believes me or not.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:And my point remains.

My ex wife has been told the above, she’s an optician. She told me another optical company are doing the same and my sister in law has been told it who is a care worker.

I don’t care a f**k if anyone believes me or not.

We don't :thumbup:
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:And my point remains.

My ex wife has been told the above, she’s an optician. She told me another optical company are doing the same and my sister in law has been told it who is a care worker.

I don’t care a f**k if anyone believes me or not.

We don't :thumbup:


I’ll remember this post and give a good I told you so one day.

I hope I don’t though. Personally I don’t think it would be fair. There are numerous reasons why people don’t want the vaccine.
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

I’ve not admitted that. My point is why have you only got one username yet I must have more than one?


Yes you have it's in your reply
"Did you start on here with one username?"
Otherwise why ask that question, come on, what is the other usernames that you are using? man up
User avatar
Igovernor
Moderator
 
Posts: 5290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:17 am

Re: OT- No vaccine no sick pay

Postby Doyley1927 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Doyley1927 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Yep of course. They are all classed as health providers.

I’ve not admitted that. My point is why have you only got one username yet I must have more than one?


Yes you have it's in your reply
"Did you start on here with one username?"
Otherwise why ask that question, come on, what is the other usernames that you are using? man up


You are completely twisting what I said.

I have said if you can start on here whenever you started on here and Have remained on that username why can’t this be my first? Just because I am late to the party?
Doyley1927
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 122 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.