motorway service stations

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby blue note » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm

old chap i work with is a bristol rovers fan...he always went to away games by car....he would avoid the motorway services if cardiff fans were going in the same direction "drunken lunatics that stole everything"

so tell your service station stories
blue note

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: motorway service stations

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:34 pm

Met Dion Dublin once. Mate asked him if it was true he had the longest "sleeve" in football.

He replied it was Michael Oakes.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:43 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:Met Dion Dublin once. Mate asked him if it was true he had the longest "sleeve" in football.

It's bit strange that you would be interested in that...

Perhaps you could find out who was 'longest in the shower' for your next service station encounter :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Doyley1927 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:54 pm

blue note wrote:old chap i work with is a bristol rovers fan...he always went to away games by car....he would avoid the motorway services if cardiff fans were going in the same direction "drunken lunatics that stole everything"

I stopped at a service station once alongside the other city fans on the coach.

They ran amok. Stole a lot and intimidated other people including families.

Never been more ashamed to be a city fan.
Doyley1927

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Sven wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Met Dion Dublin once. Mate asked him if it was true he had the longest "sleeve" in football.

It's bit strange that you would be interested in that...

Perhaps you could find out who was 'longest in the shower' for your next service station encounter :oops:

My mate NOT me
Big Hill Blue

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Carlos coaches.

We were on our way back from playing Millwall in the smoke. We stopped off at one of the services on the M4 at the same time as the Portsmouth team bus. They had played Leicester that day at the King Power and I think they won 1-0. anyway, a group f us bumped into Steve Cotterill and David Nugent. We gave Cotterill a hard time as we was an ex Jack but we tried to hijack Nugent as someone thought it was a good idea as Chopra was injured at the time. We nearly got away with it.
Bakedalasker

Postby rumpo kid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm

Shameful accusations.. saying that, went to Port Vale in 88.. at the services, we waited for Rovers to get off their buses, one of our lot jumps on and nicks their big BRFC Union Jack from the back window
rumpo kid

Postby Jock » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Stopped in one on M6 heading to Hull, somebody tanned a cigarette kiosk and old Bill pulled the bus. Copper asked one of the boys what fags he smoked, Regal, then why have you got 500 Balkan Sobranie, I fancied a change :lol:
Jock

Postby frazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Jock wrote:Stopped in one on M6 heading to Hull, somebody tanned a cigarette kiosk and old Bill pulled the bus. Copper asked one of the boys what fags he smoked, Regal, then why have you got 500 Balkan Sobranie, I fancied a change :lol:

I was on that bus Jock, must have been about 43 years ago? We set off from the friars in the early hours of Saturday morning after a night on the lash, the whole bus got detained and they stuck us in a court room in some backwater town, we never did make it to Hull lol.
frazier

Postby Jock » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 pm

frazier wrote:
Jock wrote:Stopped in one on M6 heading to Hull, somebody tanned a cigarette kiosk and old Bill pulled the bus. Copper asked one of the boys what fags he smoked, Regal, then why have you got 500 Balkan Sobranie, I fancied a change :lol:

I was on that bus Jock, must have been about 43 years ago? We set off from the friars in the early hours of Saturday morning after a night on the lash, the whole bus got detained and they stuck us in a court room in some backwater town, we never did make it to Hull lol.

That’s the one, think we ended up in Rochdale on the way back, or maybe that was another logistical Fekk up. It was never going to end well with the bus leaving Barry Island when the clubs kicked out.
Jock

Postby frazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Jock wrote:
frazier wrote:

That’s the one, think we ended up in Rochdale on the way back, or maybe that was another logistical Fekk up. It was never going to end well with the bus leaving Barry Island when the clubs kicked out.

I fell asleep pissed on the way up there, when I woke up my trainers and socks were gone, Munday and my brother Andy threw the socks out the window but luckily not the trainers, great trip, great bunch of lads, all mad.
frazier

Postby neil.dawe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm

I took that bus from tonyrefail we didnt reach hull and we did stay in rochdale bus driver kept falling asleep
neil.dawe

Postby frazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:33 pm

neil.dawe wrote:I took that bus from tonyrefail we didnt reach hull and we did stay in rochdale bus driver kept falling asleep

I think they charged two of the Tonyrefail lads with the robbing of the cigarette kiosk if I remember right.
frazier

Postby neil.dawe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

They had to go back up cost them more in train fare than they were fined we had some good trips that season
neil.dawe

Postby northside of risca » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 pm

blue note wrote:old chap i work with is a bristol rovers fan...he always went to away games by car....he would avoid the motorway services if cardiff fans were going in the same direction "drunken lunatics that stole everything"

Away game in London , millwall I think in around 2004 ( could well be different game and yr ! ) . Someone on our bus robbed a tent and then set on erecting it in the bus on the way home . Goes without saying large amounts of booze involved. :lol:
northside of risca

Postby Nuclearblue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:00 am

Coming back from an away game back down the M5 when a couple of Man United coaches pulled in returning back to Plymouth I think it was. Cardiff fans being Cardiff fans greeted the plastics by giving we support our local team. Then By the Cardiff coach City fans really giving them stick and the Plastics were getting agitated and I thought it’s gonna kick off here.
So Jock jumped in and shouted at the plastics in his really thick Glaswegian accent SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM everyone immediately stopped arguing and laughter broke out from both sets of fans. Still tickles me to this day that :lol:
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat