Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Harry Wilson '

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 pm

What a crap performance from him from start to finish.

Re: Harry Wilson

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:09 pm

mugsy wrote:What a crap performance from him from start to finish.

Looks totally disheartened with the performances

He is just being asked to run after lost causes all game out of position instead of being the focal point in the centre that he should be . Bad management of our best player

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Wilson role is more chasing and pressing. He played very poor today but you get the feeling he is not happy at all and who can blame him. Hate to say it he would have been better off down west and would have had a chance to show his undoubted ability

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm

I have been saying this for weeks....Liverpool must be bricking it as they are losing millions as a result of this season.

So surprised they haven't sold him over the window

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Wilson, looking fed up.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 pm

The boy is obviously a very good player who is just being dragged down by the dross that is he is currently playing with.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have been saying this for weeks....Liverpool must be bricking it as they are losing millions as a result of this season.

Agree with you he may ask to go back to Liverpool and go elsewhere to make sure he makes the Euros :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:23 pm

davids wrote:The boy is obviously a very good player who is just being dragged down by the dross that is he is currently playing with.

Couldn’t agree more.

Re: ' Harry Wilson '

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:27 pm

mugsy wrote:What a crap performance from him from start to finish.

He's been disappointing. I get the impression Wilson is a 'committee' signing and Harris is a bit over-protective of his place in the side as a result. I'd drop him..

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:35 pm

I remember a game we lost at home early in the season and he looked so fed up in that game. Sadly not much has changed.

Sad for him. Such. Quality player.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:38 pm

Needs to go back to no 10. He is wasted and frustrated out wide

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have been saying this for weeks....Liverpool must be bricking it as they are losing millions as a result of this season.

I doubt they can sell him if he’s contracted to us for the season.
Of course, depends what that contract says.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:44 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I guess we are a shop window for them....They received offers but wanted more, so i guess they can recall for a permanent transfer

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

I guess we are a shop window for them....They received offers but wanted more, so i guess they can recall for a permanent transfer

Who knows?
But it depends what contract he has. I don’t think it’ll come to that though.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Wilson will know he should have done better in the first minute and normally his first touch is good BUT if we actually tried to play a more positive game i.e., closed teams down , passed the ball faster and forward . moved off the ball , he might look better. I mean even Messi would look bang average with our tactics!!

Jason Perry was praising his work ethic on radio today but felt he was the right player in the wrong team !!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:06 pm

That's what happens when you have an immensely talented player being given instructions by an inept manager.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 pm

He might been poor today but put in a good side and he will produce.
Poor kid must be wishing he was playing further down the M4 ....sounded by substandard players and manager

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:37 pm

I rather suspect if Wilson had not been a Liverpool player and Welsh international and we had signed him as a comparative unknown from Accrington Stanley at the start of the season for a million we would be a bit disappointed in what we have got. I know people are saying he is wasted out on the wing but he has not done much better as a number 10. But we know he can be better than this as he was for Derby where his 15 goals got them to the playoff finals not long ago.

Some of the blame has to go with Harris but Wilson himself and the rest of the team have to accecpt a lot of blame too. If they don't like the way we are playing they should be professional enough to let the manager know. Unfortunately for Harris it's always the manager who has to accecpt the final blame. Ultimately with the squad of players we have there is no wat we should be as bad as this.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:38 pm

It may well be the case,that some of our players cannot do as they are being asked? Today at 77%,was the highest pass success rate for a long while!! And thats still not really good enough!
It seems the board,or tan is backing him,and giving him funds to buy players,rather than loans? Perhaps he has been honest and told the owner/board,that some current players cannot adapt,thus need replacing.people having a pop at harris over his use of wilson,should perhaps consider the same,that he doesnt have the support of players on similar levels to him? Perhaps with these new signings,he may have some young,and fresh players around him?
All opinion of course,but there may be a plan in place,to rectify these inadequacies?? Guess we will find out soon rnough.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Wilson's performances are all down to Harris.

In any other team he would be outstanding.

Harris out.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Funny how everywhere he’s gone he’s done very good comes to cardiff and gets played out of position and to a team who can’t play football

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 am

There’s no point having a player of Wilson’s quality and not building a team around him to allow him to play.

If Harris could sort that out we would be challenging for the playoffs and more.
Maybe moving Bacuna to midfield will give us the extra legs we need ?