Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Jordi Osei-Tutu & transfer update from Neil Harris "

Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:56 pm

By Glen Williams

Arsenal loanee Jordi Osei-Tutu has suffered an injury setback which will keep him sidelined for up to six weeks as Neil Harris admitted a right-back signing is now urgent ahead of QPR.

The Bluebirds have been forced to play midfielder Leandro Bacuna at right-back for the majority of the season, with the Curacao international having enjoyed varying degrees of success, but it was thought Osei-Tutu was nearing a return to full fitness

In fact, the defender was given his first run out since October in an under-23s game against Charlton on Monday, however eyebrows were raised when he was hooked after 39 minutes.

And Harris revealed that Osei-Tutu has indeed suffered a setback in that same hamstring in another cruel twist of fate for the Bluebirds.

NEIL HARRIS:

"Jordi, it's not season-ending, it's going to be four to six weeks, unfortunately," Harris said.

"It's the same hamstring as before, so there is frustration in that, obviously, for me, the lad and the group.

"But right-back, again, as I said last week and the week before, is an absolute priority for this football club at the moment."

Crewe Alexandra's Perry Ng, who was incidentally left out of the starting line-up for their clash on Saturday, is one player who Cardiff have shown an interest in. It is thought Crewe received a £250,000 bid for the player and turned it down.

Aston Villa's Frederic Guilbert is another player who has been linked with a loan switch to Cardiff City Stadium, but, when pressed, Harris would not be drawn on whether the reports were true.

"I won't rule out, or in, anybody," Harris said. "There are not many right-backs available in the current window, so, naturally, we are going to be linked with players.

"We need a right-back in. So, I am not going to talk about other people's players at the moment, but looking at getting in a right-back before Wednesday is a priority."

Harris also confirmed that the club have backed him in this window and have tabled bids to bring players in.

" We've brought Max Watters in, we are trying to do a right-back as well, we have enquired about other players in other positions," he added.

"It's tough, there are so few players at the moment and trying to get the right players at the right value is difficult for all clubs.

"But we are pushing hard, a lot of enquiries, a lot of conversations.

"We have bid for players. I'll be honest about that. I don't give much away when it comes to transfers, but we've bid for players.

"We are trying and the board are being supportive of me."

Neil Harris has confirmed that Jordi Osei-Tutu will be out for another four to six weeks.

The Arsenal loanee has again injured the same hamstring that he had only just recovered from.

Harris has also said tonight that bringing in a right-back is "paramount", and he hopes to do so by Wednesday.

Re: " Jordi Osei-Tutu "

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Neil Harris has confirmed that Jordi Osei-Tutu will be out for another four to six weeks.

The Arsenal loanee has again injured the same hamstring that he had only just recovered from.

Harris has also said tonight that bringing in a right-back is "paramount", and he hopes to do so by Wednesday.

What a numpty. It should have been paramount in the summer!

Bring the guy in from villa on loan and bring the guy in from Crewe on a permanent.

And while they are at it, f**k Harris off.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Harris simply talks management text book nonsense.

Of course it was paramount we signed a RB. Thankfully paramount is now about Jan 20.

Floundering,clueless and patently out of his depth.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:14 pm

yeah lets bring in a right back so the useless donkey bacuna goes back in midfield, my pre-season relegation bet is looking all the more interesting :laughing6:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:47 pm

arri potta wrote:yeah lets bring in a right back so the useless donkey bacuna goes back in midfield, my pre-season relegation bet is looking all the more interesting :laughing6:

Quite frankly that is ludicrous. Bacuna was by far our best midfielder for long parts of last season and with the exception of Tomlin our best player for much of last season. He is not really a left back but a good midfield player.

As for the pre season relegation bet bad as we are at the moment we are still 10 points off the relegation zone. We are one of a small number of teams who have nothing much to play for as we won't make the playoffs or be relegated.

Re: " Jordi Osei-Tutu & transfer update from Neil Harris "

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:07 pm

Is there an issue with the coaching or the with the physio department? This seems to be a regular occurrence where injured players seem to reinjure themselves trying to regain fitness.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:20 pm

arri potta wrote:yeah lets bring in a right back so the useless donkey bacuna goes back in midfield, my pre-season relegation bet is looking all the more interesting :laughing6:

Glad you find the clubs current plight funny!!and you bet on us being relegated?? Some fan you are!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Glad you find the clubs current plight funny!!and you bet on us being relegated?? Some fan you are!

Arri as always been the same since he's been on forum he makes victor meldrew look deliriously happy! :D

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:57 am

It's not good but I’ve been reliably told Tutu is out for the season! :shock:

We could therefore be looking to get in Ng and the Villa player Guilbert ASAP; although another source says we have made a bid for Bournemouth's Simpson (mentioned elsewhere on this Forum)

Not sure if it has been accepted by Bournemouth at point of writing? :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am

Why hasn t TuTU BEEN SENT BACK IF HE S INJURED

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:40 am

Looks like we preparing our squad for league one.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am

Can we send him back, like what happened with Flint? :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:08 am

nubbsy wrote:Looks like we preparing our squad for league one.

Tbh mate I’d rather give guys with something to prove a chance rather than journeymen who just want to pick up a wage for doing very little. Ideally they’d be home grown but it's clear that we don’t have anything in those positions atm. Imo Harris (player) shouldn’t be offered a new contract.