Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Todd Cantwell

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 pm

Very good player - been excellent in both games we've played against Norwich.

A proper fanny though with his Alice band and "Grealish-like" ability to fall over when there's a strong gust of wind.

Re: Todd Cantwell

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:09 pm

He's too good for the Championship. A bit surprised he stayed when they went down.

As you say, does throw himself to the floor just like Grealish. Maybe that's why nobody has taken a chance on him.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:12 pm

davids wrote:Very good player - been excellent in both games we've played against Norwich.

A proper fanny though with his Alice band and "Grealish-like" ability to fall over when there's a strong gust of wind.

The ref was his father the way he gave a foul every time someone breathed on him? There are several players in the game like him grealish is the expert but ayew is close 2nd! Var as stopped the diving but now the players mentioned and others are using var to gain penalties by putting their leg in front of defender so getting tapped by them var sees touch and gives penalty? Soon be no contact in penalty area bit like defender putting hands behind back for fear of giving a penalty away!

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 pm

Hes a quality player

No matter what people think of the way he attracts fouls and wins free kicks, he is the type of player you need to get you out of this league and absolutely bossed the game today in first gear .

Villa had it with Grealish
Norwich with Cantwell
West brom had Romain Sawyers

That extra bit of quality or star dust that wins you points and games

We used to have it with Whittingham, now we have Wilson but he is not played in the role he needs to be effective.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 pm

thomasblue wrote:Hes a quality player

No matter what people think of the way he attracts fouls and wins free kicks, he is the type of player you need to get you out of this league and absolutely bossed the game today in first gear .

Norwich with Cantwell

We used to have it with Whittingham, now we have Wilson but he is not played in the role he needs to be effective.

Wilson could be that spark...once Harris leaves and a manager comes in with any idea.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:

Norwich with Cantwell

Wilson could be that spark...once Harris leaves and a manager comes in with any idea.

Can him and Tomlin play in same team? Tomlin is not defensive player and if we use Wilson as a deep lying midfielder that's a waste just like it is now with him out wide? Only way I see is to play 442 with Wilson as a proper 10 playing up top with moore. Can see him flourishing on edge area with his ability.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Norwich with Cantwell

Jay Bothroyd more than Whittingham.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:44 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Norwich with Cantwell

Bothroyd was good at attracting the fouls and making things happen up front but he didn't run games from midfield like these other players do now and especially like Cantwell did yesterday. He won't be in the championship long.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Tod Cantwell,runs forward in possession.passes forward and moves for a return.I think they call that an attacking midfield player but I'm not sure as I haven't seen one for a while.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:35 pm

thomasblue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Norwich with Cantwell

Bothroyd was good at attracting the fouls and making things happen up front but he didn't run games from midfield like these other players do now and especially like Cantwell did yesterday. He won't be in the championship long.

Only thing bothroyd as in common with Cantwell grealish ect is fact he was sat on his arse more times than standing up! :laughing6:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:12 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Tod Cantwell,runs forward in possession.passes forward and moves for a return.I think they call that an attacking midfield player but I'm not sure as I haven't seen one for a while.

I haven’t either

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:03 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Tod Cantwell,runs forward in possession.passes forward and moves for a return.I think they call that an attacking midfield player but I'm not sure as I haven't seen one for a while.

You forgot to put in hes as strong as a wet paper bag and hes a better diver than tom Daley! :D

Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm

Cardiff should sign him :ayatollah:
top quality player who can score from anywhere on the pitch.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:31 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Cardiff should sign him :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:48 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Cardiff should sign him :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

I would assume Norwich would be looking at £10mill plus already for him. He's got a big future ahead of him.