Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Cardiff City have offer accepted for centre-back "

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:10 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:750k for a player whose played 20 times in 6 years and out of contract in the summer hmmmm

You mean the six years,starting as an 18 year old ? yes,because we have plenty of 18 year olds playing all the time here,I forgot!bit unfair imo.
He has been at Bournemouth for 10 years,so must be a half decent player,or they would have already shipped him out??

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:15 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:750k for a player whose played 20 times in 6 years and out of contract in the summer hmmmm

Mmmmm started 7 games this season... know of players at clubs 6yrs and never played a game just loaned out season after season just think of havoc we will cause 3 players over 6ft 2ins
4 if include glatzel :thumbup:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Mmmmm started 7 games this season... know of players at clubs 6yrs and never played a game just loaned out season after season just think of havoc we will cause 3 players over 6ft 2ins
4 if include glatzel :thumbup:

Hopefully turns out well mate tbh the way the centre backs been playing think we need people challenging all the time but Harris has his favourites and never seems to give others a chance

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:32 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

You mean the six years,starting as an 18 year old ? yes,because we have plenty of 18 year olds playing all the time here,I forgot!bit unfair imo.
He has been at Bournemouth for 10 years,so must be a half decent player,or they would have already shipped him out??

24 isn’t super young really though is it? Not so much about him at 18. Hopefully turns out a good buy we need a change at the back this year challenging our cb more so Nelson whose been poor.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Some on the cherries site saying he has turned down cardiff and Jacks and opted for Rangers..time will tell

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:27 pm

corky wrote:Some on the cherries site saying he has turned down cardiff and Jacks and opted for Rangers..time will tell

Guarantee a medal this season ;)

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:40 pm

If we get him or not at least it looks like we can spend a few quid...

Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:54 pm

corky wrote:If we get him or not at least it looks like we can spend a few quid...

That's what is the biggest shock to me at the moment - Can't win of late but can spend wherever .
After ALL the talk of NO MONEY - Unless we were in the Top 6 and a manager who most on here want gone :o

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:22 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
corky wrote:If we get him or not at least it looks like we can spend a few quid...

That's what is the biggest shock to me at the moment - Can't win of late but can spend wherever .
After ALL the talk of NO MONEY - Unless we were in the Top 6 and a manager who most on here want gone :o

My feeling is that Tan is sending out an "I back my manager, no matter what!" message and it may be cheaper than 'sacking' him... ;)

Note: Tongue-in-cheek on the latter bit :laughing6:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:35 am

Tindall ‘contradicted’ as Bournemouth accept bid for defender

Sky Sports

Bournemouth have accepted a £500,000 offer rising to £750,000 from Cardiff City for Jack Simpson, reports Sky Sports News (17.01.21,).

Jack Simpson's contract with Bournemouth runs out in five months and manager Tindall had originally stated he would be offered a new one, but has changed his mind.

The 24-year-old is a product of the Bournemouth youth academy. He’s long been a player that Bournemouth fans have wanted to see break into the first-team and this season, the defender has made nine Championship appearances.

After a decent run in the side, Simpson has finally started to break into this Bournemouth starting line-up but now, he looks set to be on his way to Cardiff City.

Speaking to Bournemouth Echo earlier in the season, Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall was pressed for an update on Simpson, who started the season mostly on the bench:

“I see Simmo as a big part of the future of the football club.

“I certainly really like him as a player and look at him as someone that, if I needed to at any time, I would have no hesitation in playing him.”

Despite Tindall’s previous comments, he now looks set to part ways with the Englishman.

Cardiff have been in the market for defensive options this month. Simpson is a versatile defender and has been deployed in his most familiar centre-back role under Tindall, either in a back-four or back-five.

He’s proved a useful player – he’s a homegrown name and one who’s still relatively young at 24-years-old, and so his sale might come as a surprise.

But his contract at the club is out in the summer. Tindall seemingly has no plans for Simpson going forward after the first-half of this season and now a cut-price deal has been accepted.

Cardiff are acquiring a strong player in Simpson and someone who Neil Harris will hope can propel them up the Championship table – they currently sit in 15th-place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.