Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harris asks Cardiff fans be patient & stick with us

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Stick with us’ Harris urges Cardiff fans

Saturday 16th Jan 2021

Neil Harris insists his side will get better but that they will need some luck along the way.

The Bluebirds finished the game with ten-men after Marlon Pack was sent off.

Harris has asked for patience from fans as multiple injuries have meant players playing out of position in defence.

“Be patient that’s what I am asking Cardiff fans and stick with us and with a bit more luck on our side, we will get there.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Harris asks Cardiff fans be patient & stick with us

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Get where exactly?. League one?.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:16 pm

We've been patient for too long.

The manager of Cardiff City is one of the most difficult and challenging in the Country due to fan and media expectations. Am sure you would have known that when you were appointed.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:27 pm

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 pm

I will looks like he's staying at least in the short term sick of the football but results whys we've had a horrible run of games

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 pm

So clubs like Norwich 21 points ahead and Swansea17pts ahead of us and we need a bit of luck :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 pm

I think we need too stick it out this season, fans not being there is contributing massively I think

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:55 pm

and if we stick with you but continue to see the sae week in week out will you do the honourable thing and resign?

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:57 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:and if we stick with you but continue to see the sae week in week out will you do the honourable thing and resign?

Look how unlucky we’ve been with injuries this year, I think we should see it out this year and see what next season brings

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Bit of a confusing statement??
"Thats when the players should step up" ? Well thats whats been asked of them,playing out of posistion,and guess what? They certainly haven't "stepped up" have they?

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Moff. wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:and if we stick with you but continue to see the sae week in week out will you do the honourable thing and resign?

Look how unlucky we’ve been with injuries this year, I think we should see it out this year and see what next season brings

Yes we have had injuries like everyone else but where we have failed is we have not built our squad up to cover for such injuries. That's because is wanting to do everything on the cheap.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:24 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Moff. wrote:

Yes we have had injuries like everyone else but where we have failed is we have not built our squad up to cover for such injuries. That's because is wanting to do everything on the cheap.

That’s tans fault then and not the manager

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Think there are a lot of fans agreeing with Harris.
Patience is the key

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:38 pm

Moff. wrote:

yes at the moment... but truth is we played wednesday , qpr , derby, millwall, coventry who were all very poor and some of them very poor and with injury crisis of their own.... we took 2 points from that lot , im not suggesting 15 points because football dont work like that but 3 wins and a draw or even 3 wins and 2 defeats would put us 7th now ... not great but not terrible either.. and so much easier to then look at today as unlucky with injuries or at least that got Norwich out the way for the season.... its his doing mate..we are not 15th because we lost twice to Norwich we are 15th because he was way over cautious when everyone was fit and we were playing rags...

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 pm

Moff. wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Moff. wrote:

That’s tans fault then and not the manager

With the 3 apparent new signings this week we will have spent over £5mill this season on permanent signings and loaned 4 premier league players

One of the highest spenders in the league this season

Hardly doing it cheap in the middle of a pandemic.
Harris said he was happy with his squad after being backed.

In no way is this Tans fault

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 am

Even his beloved Millwall got sick of him lingering around in the end.

He is out of his depth and making many fans distance themselves from the City.

Fans are simply bored as they can see patience is simply not the answer as he can not turn this around.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 am

Bonner wrote:Think there are a lot of fans agreeing with Harris.
Patience is the key

Really!

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:51 am

I seem to be in the minority of people who thought that we didn’t play badly yesterday however I think Harris has to go. Not based on yesterday but some of the tactics and team selections this year. The Wycombe and Coventry performances in particular were awful. He really needs to go. What is worrying me slightly is that the board seem to be buying a lot of players for him at the minute which seems to indicate that tan trusts him

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 am

So in your own words NH your relying on luck
Dam just checked this weeks lottery didn’t win yet again never mind with a bit more luck £3 million coming my way next week :roll:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

The fans have been very patient already but patience has run out. How much longer does he expect us to wait? We are already over halfway through the season and we are still seeing the same issues. Piss poor defending and no creativity.

Yes we have lost some important players, but so have other teams. Adapt your game. He keeps doing the same thing and expecting different results. Ralls is not a no.10, play wilson, ojo or Murphy there. Pack slows this team down too much. Teams know bacuna is a weak link.How many times has he been caught out? We have other options at RB, apparently. Where are they then? How many times have we seen Nelson lose his man this season?

It seems players can play poorly with no fear of being dropped.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:11 am

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I seem to be in the minority of people who thought that we didn’t play badly yesterday however I think Harris has to go. Not based on yesterday but some of the tactics and team selections this year. The Wycombe and Coventry performances in particular were awful. He really needs to go. What is worrying me slightly is that the board seem to be buying a lot of players for him at the minute which seems to indicate that tan trusts him

Have you heard his interview on watters? Its obvious he was not his signing, that was made by the club.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:01 pm

warnocksbarmyarmy wrote:I seem to be in the minority of people who thought that we didn’t play badly yesterday however I think Harris has to go. Not based on yesterday but some of the tactics and team selections this year. The Wycombe and Coventry performances in particular were awful. He really needs to go. What is worrying me slightly is that the board seem to be buying a lot of players for him at the minute which seems to indicate that tan trusts him

Defensive mistakes aside, I agree. I thought we’d be worse tbh.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:19 pm

skiprat wrote:Get where exactly?. League one?.

My thoughts exactly. If you dont know where you're going then any type of style will take you there.

It's as if Russell Slade has snuck back into the training ground and is passing on his tips to Harris and the players. Maybe Harris and Slade are related in some way ?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Patience is the key

Yes. The sensible majority. As I frequently point out, this board is by no means representative of the general club fan base. It is used by the impatient minority who demand instant gratification of their needs . It’s a generational thing.

I see no point in sacking Harris now. Let’s see if he makes any progress in the second half of the season.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:58 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Patience is the key

Yes. The sensible majority. As I frequently point out, this board is by no means representative of the general club fan base. It is used by the impatient minority who demand instant gratification of their needs . It’s a generational thing.

I see no point in sacking Harris now. Let’s see if he makes any progress in the second half of the season.

Agree with this, my first season watching Cardiff was the season we first signed chopra and he Tommo upfront, all I’ve ever known is championship football, if that’s what we have to have next season so that we have stability at the club and replace all the journey men with hungry players then so be it

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Its our style of play almost more than results
Which is down to you mr arris nobody else
its been like sunday league and absolutly dire to watch

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm

no

Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:21 pm

I’m sorry but lose again against the jacks and your time is definitely up, you’d have destroyed our fan’s credibility. If it wasn’t for corona you’d be gone now

Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:24 pm

This guy is deluded. Boring football. Clueless tactics. Uninspiring and predictable.

How is he still here and more importantly what does VT see in this guy?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:28 pm

We’re not going to challenge this season (we were punching last season tbh), and I’m willing to concede that injuries have played a big part in our poor performances.

My confidence is high...that the 21st March is looking like a ‘social media blackout day’ for me.