smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager
and a manager who plays football not excuses

and where are they, loving it up the top of end of the table and in with a great chance of promotion

what have we got, double size of their stadia
double size city
double size support or more - when the times are good granted
double or treble their wage bill
double number of players who are shit
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

it really isn't rocket science to work out where YOU AND YOUR YES MEN are going wrong!
arri potta

Dear Tan - just look at swansea

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Dear Tan - just look at swansea

Postby Barclay1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 pm

That's the long and short if it...
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:35 pm

arri potta wrote:smaller ground
smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager

and where are they, loving it up the top of end of the table and in with a great chance of promotion

double size city
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

it really isn't rocket science to work out where YOU AND YOUR YES MEN are going wrong!

Go support them then :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby arri potta » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager

double size city
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

can't too old, don't fit into their boy racing, stone island, crack head, 4 fingered way of living - plus I'm not welcome in sandfields ever again :laughing6: :laughing6:
arri potta

Postby Doctor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm

I think the problem you have is your expectations are set on things that don’t matter, are irrelevant or barely impactful. For example, to touch upon a few things you listed there which seems to be suggesting reasons for you expecting to do better:-

What has size of ground got to do with anything? That’s a notion stuck in the 60’s. Sunderland have a bigger ground than Juventus for example. Sunderland will likely never reach anywhere near the level of Juventus in any meaningful facet.

What does size of City got to do with anything? Barnet play in the biggest City in Britain, yet Manchester United and Liverpool seem to be doing a bit better. The list is endless of clubs that are less successful than others that play in smaller Cities.

As for fanbase, again, over the last 40 years you have averaged 1,000 more than us, during that time our figures were hampered by reaching 100% capacity for around 15% of that period.

Having a small squad designed carefully to fit into a system full of quality is much better than a large squad full of journeymen that seem cobbled together without much thought.

As for wages, I would guess we are paying our players on average per head more than you are paying yours. But that is a guess. Ayew is on 80k alone.

You guys need to get your head out of the dark ages where you convince yourselves you are some big club because of x,y,z - something not recognised by anyone else outside your walls. The reason being is because you clearly set your expectations by these meaningless and largely misleading or false notions.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Tan has been an admirer of Swansea for the last decade but he has done nothing about following their model.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager

double size city
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

No real Cardiff fan would tell another Cardiff fan to go and support the Jacks.
Bakedalasker

Postby arri potta » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager

double size city
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

:laughing6: :laughing6: :clap: :clap:
arri potta

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:44 pm

Whilst I get the geographical proximity, I’m struggling to see the relevance as they have nothing to do with us, and there are many clubs we could learn from as we look to improve in different aspects. Obsessions can be unhealthy.
103 Barmy Army

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
smaller squad
smaller city
less fan base
lower wages
better players
better football
better manager

double size city
a shit manager
shit football
and shit board

Why slag the club off what's point supporting us..... appearing to hold other club in higher regard than his own! After 50yrs watching city I would never want to aspire or hold a club in higher regard ? ccfc is ccfc for better or worse . But guess its the fashion on here lately to slag
off club:
thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 am

Doctor wrote:I think the problem you have is your expectations are set on things that don’t matter, are irrelevant or barely impactful. For example, to touch upon a few things you listed there which seems to be suggesting reasons for you expecting to do better:-

What has size of ground got to do with anything? That’s a notion stuck in the 60’s. Sunderland have a bigger ground than Juventus for example. Sunderland will likely never reach anywhere near the level of Juventus in any meaningful facet.

What does size of City got to do with anything? Barnet play in the biggest City in Britain, yet Manchester United and Liverpool seem to be doing a bit better. The list is endless of clubs that are less successful than others that play in smaller Cities.

As for fanbase, again, over the last 40 years you have averaged 1,000 more than us, during that time our figures were hampered by reaching 100% capacity for around 15% of that period.

Having a small squad designed carefully to fit into a system full of quality is much better than a large squad full of journeymen that seem cobbled together without much thought.

As for wages, I would guess we are paying our players on average per head more than you are paying yours. But that is a guess. Ayew is on 80k alone.

You guys need to get your head out of the dark ages where you convince yourselves you are some big club because of x,y,z - something not recognised by anyone else outside your walls. The reason being is because you clearly set your expectations by these meaningless and largely misleading or false notions.

Hard to disagree with all that. Some of our fans are truly embarrassing with their obsession of you lot. If you’re doing it the right way then good luck to you but we need to do it our way and hope we get it right and be successful.
If our board can’t see that our management team is not up to the task then it’s evident of what’s going to happen as is happening.
I would pick Vincent Tan over your Americans every time, Tan is bank rolling us and certainly seems to be backing the manager but your Americans want to take as much money out of your club as possible.
Now for some reason you are doing much better than us on the field, maybe it’s because your management set up is far better than ours or maybe it’s because your owners are just letting the management team get on with it because it’s not costing them anything but if things start going wrong then I wouldn’t trust the Americans to bank roll you. :thumbup:
It is what it is, we are Cardiff and you are Swansea, end of.
I noticed a number of times you’ve asked the question to a certain poster about who’s been the most successful in recent times, well I will answer that, it’s Swansea but that doesn’t mean you’re the bigger club but does that even matter who the bigger club is? Just enjoy the success you’re having at the moment and we’ll have to work harder to be successful ourselves. I only care about Cardiff City. :ayatollah:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:37 pm

Would have to question the bigger wage bill. They still have players on Premiership wages one Ayew reportedly on 80K a week. No wonder he said he wanted to stay this season why would he opt tp play in the Premiership with the likes of Brighton who were probably offering him at best half of that.
It’s interesting the statement Harris made a couple of weeks ago that he knew of half a dozen Championship sides struggling to pay the wages since then Derby are the first to come out and confirm that’s the case.
It will be interesting to see how Swansea pay a dividend to there American investors at the end of this season no gate receipts like the rest of us but no assets to sell as they do most seasons Rodden this season Mcburnie season before Dan James and so on. I would hazard a guess the best option this year would be Roberts and what would they get for him 2/3 million at best.
On the pitch and it pains me to say this they are streets ahead of us but let’s see what the next six months brings financially and which camp we would prefer to be in.
Llantwit Blue

Postby skiprat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Doctor jack what absolute bozo fair play. Britains 10 ten football clubs currently or historically are all from the big city's London Manchester or the Birmingham conurbation.size is everything you drongos will crash eventually.your definitely roathy reincarnated.
skiprat

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:49 pm

skiprat wrote:Doctor jack what absolute bozo fair play. Britains 10 ten football clubs currently or historically are all from the big city's London Manchester or the Birmingham conurbation.size is everything you drongos will crash eventually.your definitely roathy reincarnated.

Yes but the saddo has got a couple of bites from the guys above this post.
:lol:

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:09 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
skiprat wrote:Doctor jack what absolute bozo fair play. Britains 10 ten football clubs currently or historically are all from the big city's London Manchester or the Birmingham conurbation.size is everything you drongos will crash eventually.your definitely roathy reincarnated.

It's what the 'busted flush' does best of late; far too easy a target these days! :thumbup: :lol: :clap:

To save himself, he agreed that he would post on direct 'Swansea' threads only, so topics like this only serve to allow him the access he so craves in order to feed his narcissism (Ponty Bluebird did a good job above :oops: )

When he feels he can't respond without further embarrassment, he simply ignores what has been said

It may be coincidence but has anyone ever seen him and 'The Donald' in the same room...? :? ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

I can hear it now..."Fake news! Fake news...!"
Attachments
Doctor Trump (Fake News).jpg
Doctor Trump (Fake News).jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby cardiff 74 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Why on earth are you worrying about what Swansea are doing so what if they are second in the league so what if they get promoted will it really effect you that badly our time will come it may not be this year or even next year or even 5 years time but when it does I don’t think they will even care
cardiff 74

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:37 pm

Sven wrote:

It's what the 'busted flush' does best of late; far too easy a target these days! :thumbup: :lol: :clap:

To save himself, he agreed that he would post on direct 'Swansea' threads only, so topics like this only serve to allow him the access he so craves in order to feed his narcissism (Ponty Bluebird did a good job above :oops: )

When he feels he can't respond without further embarrassment, he simply ignores what has been said

It may be coincidence but has anyone ever seen him and 'The Donald' in the same room...? :? ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Can you please explain why you stated that “Ponty Bluebird did a good job above” but then put a :oops: after it?
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Can you please explain why you stated that “Ponty Bluebird did a good job above” but then put a :oops: after it?

Encouraging him...but I think you knew that! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm

I don't really give a toss about Swansea or where they are or who plays for them or how much they get.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Always City » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:47 pm

Its to late to now start what the Jacks started years ago,way way behind them
Always City

Postby litoblues » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 pm

spot on
litoblues

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:

Encouraging him...but I think you knew that! ;)

Well I didn’t write what I wrote to encourage him I was just stating facts, if you don’t want him on the forum then you as a mod have the power to ban him. Read my reply to him again but deeply and you will see that it wasn’t meant to be encouraging him but if people see it that way then what’s the point of me debating on here, I may aswell just keep my mouth shut and not bother with this forum.
For the record, I found it quite offensive that you stated what you did about me :thumbup:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:53 pm

Doctor wrote:I think the problem you have is your expectations are set on things that don’t matter, are irrelevant or barely impactful. For example, to touch upon a few things you listed there which seems to be suggesting reasons for you expecting to do better:-

I think your problem is your a weirdo :lol: :lol:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby A Quiet Monkfish » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Dear Tan, just look at Derby.

Thank you Mr Tan.
A Quiet Monkfish

Postby Doctor » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:12 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Hard to disagree with all that. Some of our fans are truly embarrassing with their obsession of you lot. If you’re doing it the right way then good luck to you but we need to do it our way and hope we get it right and be successful.
If our board can’t see that our management team is not up to the task then it’s evident of what’s going to happen as is happening.
I would pick Vincent Tan over your Americans every time, Tan is bank rolling us and certainly seems to be backing the manager but your Americans want to take as much money out of your club as possible.
Now for some reason you are doing much better than us on the field, maybe it’s because your management set up is far better than ours or maybe it’s because your owners are just letting the management team get on with it because it’s not costing them anything but if things start going wrong then I wouldn’t trust the Americans to bank roll you. :thumbup:
It is what it is, we are Cardiff and you are Swansea, end of.
I noticed a number of times you’ve asked the question to a certain poster about who’s been the most successful in recent times, well I will answer that, it’s Swansea but that doesn’t mean you’re the bigger club but does that even matter who the bigger club is? Just enjoy the success you’re having at the moment and we’ll have to work harder to be successful ourselves. I only care about Cardiff City. :ayatollah:

Just a couple of points there.

- Tan and the Americans are very similar owners actually. Contrary to what you may read on here they are not taking every penny they can out of the club. They aren’t allowed to legally, not that they would. It would make no sense to. The value is in the re-sale and the re-sale only gets achieved when the club is in the Premier League. It makes no sense to hamper that for a few hundred thousand per shareholder... of which the Trust is one of the biggest individual shareholders.

- Don’t think I’ve ever asked who is the more successful club. You may be mixing me up with someone else. But I have no doubt we are the bigger club and have been through that and explained why several times.

The rest of your post I agree with.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:Can you please explain why you stated that “Ponty Bluebird did a good job above” but then put a :oops: after it?

He’s obsessed bless him, ignore him. I largely do.

He has an inner alarm that goes off every time someone bursts the Cardiff myth bubble carefully created by some, that is holding the club back on and off the field.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Doctor » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm

... which leaves 82 other clubs not on that list, many of which are also from those cities. See where you are going wrong now?

For every Liverpool there is a multitude of Tranmere’s, Southport’ sand Marine’s.
For every Arsenal there is a multitude of Barnet’s, Leyton Orient’s and Millwall’s.
For every Man Utd there is a multitude of Rochdale’s, Salford City’s and Bury’s etc etc etc

Size of City just means a potential for there to be more teams. More teams in the league = more chance that one will be successful from that area.

For example, if the City of Swansea increased their borders by 50 miles in all directions, Swansea City FC wouldn’t become a bigger club. It just wouldn’t.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Doctor wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:Can you please explain why you stated that “Ponty Bluebird did a good job above” but then put a :oops: after it?

He has an inner alarm that goes off every time someone bursts the Cardiff myth bubble carefully created by some, that is holding the club back on and off the field.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Takes a breath...)

Sven

Postby Doctor » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:31 pm

Sven wrote:
Doctor wrote:

(Takes a breath...)

You can take as many breaths as you like, it’s true. But I’m sure you already know that.

Count up how many posts you have made about me (or to those you incorrectly and laughably insist are me) and then count how many I have made about you. You probably out gun me 50:1 on that ratio. That’s a conservative estimate.

I made a suggestion to Annis that maybe it’s best I just post on Swansea threads due to how you and certain others react to my common sense and thought provoking posts, as they present a clear and present danger to the false reality you like to create about Cardiff. He agreed and thought it was for the best due to the reactions of posters like yourself that have an inferiority complex, and the board was being ruined as a result.

It’s worked very well so far but it has shown that I was absolutely right to make the call as the glaring obsession and fevered defence of all common sense discussion about Cardiff has been clear as day since.

You know, there is a PM function there if you insist on getting my attention. But this following me around the forum is more than a little strange, but I guess that goes hand in hand with your behaviour as noted by an increasing number of Cardiff fans.

Now behave please.
Forum celebrity
Doctor

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:01 am

What an embarrassing thread. Listen to yourselves grovelling to be more like the scum. Ffs get a grip.
nubbsy

Next

Return to General Chat