Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Wilson in any other team in the Championship

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 pm

Would probably be the player of the season in the league.

Even in an attacking team like Blackburn could you imagine what he would produce - or at Swansea/Reading/Back at Bournemouth.

The fact we have a manager that has turned Wilson - a player any championship manager would love to have at their disposal - into what we see with us just underlines Harris' ineptitude.

Harris is for me is in the top 3 worst managers we have had in the last quarter century (being pipped by Ole and only slightly by Slade)

Re: Harry Wilson in any other team in the Championship

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:50 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Would probably be the player of the season in the league.

Even in an attacking team like Blackburn could you imagine what he would produce - or at Swansea/Reading/Back at Bournemouth.

The fact we have a manager that has turned Wilson - a player any championship manager would love to have at their disposal - into what we see with us just underlines Harris' ineptitude.

Harris is for me is in the top 3 worst managers we have had in the last quarter century (being pipped by Ole and only slightly by Slade)

Have you forgotten the genius that was Paul Trollope?

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:54 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:Would probably be the player of the season in the league.

This and some.

Wilson has been a huge success everywhere he has been and this manager/team has crushed him.

He can thrive in a team that attacks and get bodies forward - we just don’t do that meaning he has no support taking defenders away and barley ever anyone to pick out.

There was a point today where he made a fantastic run and pulled the ball back - not a single one of our players gambled to get into the box. Not one and it’s the same every week,

As I said in another thread - Harris comment this week about it not being a must win game tells you everything you need to know about his philosophy to set us up not to lose and why he will never get the best out of attacking talent.

Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:17 pm

I must admit I did forget about Trollope!