Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“IMAGINE” :

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 am

“IMAGINE” :

Imagine we sign Perry Ng and Jack Simpson and that those two plus Max Watters prove to be very good players .

Imagine that Morrison and Tomlin are back. Imagine that Moore has no injuries and Wilson plays at his inspired best.

In that eventuality we will have a team that can beat anybody and we would have good cover in every position.

Now imagine that we zoom up the table .

It can happen .

Re: “IMAGINE” :

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 am

Imagine we had a proper manager to lead that team

The squad is top 6 material

The manager is mid table

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:09 am

Annis is there magic mushrooms in Espana ? :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:09 am

7pm Wed Jan 20 CARDIFF CITY v QUEENS PARK RANGERS

7pm Wed Cardiff City's trip to Oakwell will now take place on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021 - 7pm KO.
Barnsley v Cardiff City

Sat Jan 30 MILLWALL H

Sat Feb 06 Bristol City A

Tue Feb 9. Rotherham v Cardiff City

Sat Feb 13 COVENTRY CITY H

Tue Feb 16 Luton Town A 7pm

Sat Feb 20 PRESTON NORTH END H

Wed Feb 24 AFC Bournemouth A

Sat Feb 27 Middlesbrough A

Tue Mar 02 DERBY COUNTY H

Sat Mar 06 Huddersfield Town A

Sat Mar 13 WATFORD H
Tue Mar 16 STOKE CITY H
Sat Mar 20 Swansea City A

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:“IMAGINE” :

Imagine we sign Perry Ng and Jack Simpson and that those two plus Max Watters prove to be very good players .

Imagine that Morrison and Tomlin are back. Imagine that Moore has no injuries and Wilson plays at his inspired best.

In that eventuality we will have a team that can beat anybody and we would have good cover in every position.

It can happen .

With you here Annis top 6 here we come, it could happen :thumbup:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am

thomasblue wrote:Imagine we had a proper manager to lead that team

The squad is top 6 material

The manager is mid table

Thomas , I believe this is how Tan sees it after Harris has spoken to him.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:11 am

kimble wrote:Annis is there magic mushrooms in Espana ? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

It’s my view of how Tan comes of the phone from Harris :lol:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:24 am

There's a nice run of games there mate, I would say we need need at least 5 wins from the next 7

I would expect at to at least win 4 of them on paper and get another one in and see where we are after thst?

Anything less though then he had to go surely?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:24 am

Didn’t Reading do this a few years back, if I remember correct they were about 10th at Xmas then went on an amazing run and I’m sure they finished top ?

I think once the new players come in and this injury blip to key players sorts itself out we have the team to do the same.

Question is do we have the manager to inspire them to do it ?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:27 am

Given that run of games

You have to think Harris excuse or reasoning to Vincent would have been that we have most of our best players due back from injury , some new additions coming in and a great run of fixtures meaning results will turn and the owner will be proven correct in backing the manager

We will see how it turns out

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 am

I said before an established proven manager will do great.... but that man will demand lots of money to buy players plus lots of money to get him and his supporting management team.

At present Tan is - understandably - not willing to spend as there is no more money coming in from the promotions, as now Tan would have to dig in to his own pocket . This means that whoever our manager is - he will have to buy from the lower basement or surplus from big teams.

I have always said Harris is not the man - but given that the club’s present plan is to tighten the purse strings it will be a big gamble to get a new compliant unproven manager.

It appears to me that Tan chose the lesser gamble of hoping that Harris will buy cheap and buy well and then “hopefully” go on a run like last year or the more recent four wins on the trot.

IMAGINE “IF” all the pieces (players) fall in place .

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:34 am

Igovernor wrote:

It can happen .

With you here Annis top 6 here we come, it could happen :thumbup:

It can happen Roger with the run of the games coming up.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 am

RV Casual wrote:There's a nice run of games there mate, I would say we need need at least 5 wins from the next 7

I would expect at to at least win 4 of them on paper and get another one in and see where we are after thst?

Anything less though then he had to go surely?

Steve,

They are all winnable games :bluebird:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:43 am

Imagine we lose to QPR on Wednesday, which there is a very good chance! The season is finished and Harris is a total failure. Yes the team has had key injuries but every team has. Decent managers pick up points in these periods and at least compete. Its the constant losing in games and conceding within 10 minutes that proves Harris is not up to the task of managing this side. I love to be optimistic but all I want to see us do now is quickly hit 50 points and ensure we don't lose the next derby match. I also look forward to the day we can finally get back in to the ground to create the atmosphere that finally gets rid of Harris. He would not have survived in normal circumstances.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 am

At the end of last season the majority of fans had changed their mind on Harris, after all he got us too the play offs, when many thought that he wouldn’t.

Then this season he didn’t get his right back and underestimated the effect the lad on loan last season from Wolves had in that position, and we had an indifferent start.

Then we had a run of 4 wins and things were on course for a play off push again.

Injuries since then has seen the side stripped of defence and attack, and a poor run of results as a consequence.

Can you blame NH for these injuries, I don’t think so.

You can blame him for the team selection of what he has to pick, not more he could of done in attack, but his defensive decisions have been poor.

The argument for him is that given a fit squad and some of his own players he has shown he can do it.

The argument against is when under pressure his management choices are suspect to say the least, and his ability to motivate seems lacking.

With money the way it is at the moment, and who is out there that is affordable is it better the devil you know ?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 am

Wrong manager for that group of players. The boy from Crawley likes ball to his feet probably be lumped up to him then he gets pilloried for not scoring.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:21 am

IMAGINE-We had a good manager
IMAGINE-our owner came to watch us play
IMAGINE-our chairman didn't try to buy Charlton and bugger off
IMAGINE-our board actually spoke to the fans about our club
IMAGINE-our players playing in their right positions
IMAGINE-if we had wingers who could beat a man
IMAGINE-if we had creativity in midfield and not headless chickens running around.
IMAGINE how great life would be if we sacked Neil Harris
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:36 am

sir ninian wrote:IMAGINE-We had a good manager
IMAGINE-our owner came to watch us play
IMAGINE-our chairman didn't try to buy Charlton and bugger off
IMAGINE-our board actually spoke to the fans about our club
IMAGINE-our players playing in their right positions
IMAGINE-if we had wingers who could beat a man
IMAGINE-if we had creativity in midfield and not headless chickens running around.
IMAGINE how great life would be if we sacked Neil Harris
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

IMAGINE-if Carlsberg did football

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:37 am

I have tried to imagine life without Harris but it looks like Tan is prepared to back him so that is a pipe dream.

The next 8 games are massive as surely this is the time that the big improvement Harris has predicted must arrive. Each of these games are winnable for any team serious about reaching the playoffs and for me we must get 18-20 points out of these games to get back into contention. For sure the 8 games after that are a lot harder.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Imagine - my version

Imagine there's no Harris
It's easy if you try
No teams below us
Above us only sky

Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:23 pm

It can happen .
2nd half yesterday gives me hope

Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:

It can happen .
2nd half yesterday gives me hope

Especially when Harris marched down the tunnel

Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Welsh Exile wrote:Didn’t Reading do this a few years back, if I remember correct they were about 10th at Xmas then went on an amazing run and I’m sure they finished top ?

I think once the new players come in and this injury blip to key players sorts itself out we have the team to do the same.

Question is do we have the manager to inspire them to do it ?

Don't remember Reading doing that but I do remember Crystal Palace under Ian Dowie I think being not far above the relegation zone around Christmas and finishing in the playoffs think they lost in the final to West Ham. More recently Fulham had a fantastic run in the second half of the season and almost pipped us to automatic promotion so it can happen. Despite what we say about Harris he got Millwall to the playoff final in league one twice and us to the top six last season.

We just need Watters to contine to be a goal machine two divisions up and the Crewe and Bournemouth blokes to be top quality defenders. Bacuna back in midfield with Tomlin would help. Not impossible but unlikely it does happen.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:38 pm

It can happen .

In theory possibly but we need midfield pace zip and creativity. We’ve been missing that since the likes of McPhail Whitts and Camassera.

Above all we miss forward players in the ilk of Bothroyd, Chopra, McCormack
& Burke.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:28 pm

I tried to be very positive :bluebird: