Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Perry Ng - £350k from Crewe Medical in Cardiff tomorrow

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:35 pm

New Day Rising wrote:No more underachieving wingers please , n the championship the engine midfielders are vital, get workhirse and creative midfielders in .

Problem is all ours are carthorses

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Great news about these transfers exactly what we need a centre back and right back. As has been posted on here Harris has done well with transfers to be fair to him. I don’t think he’s a great manager but being fair to him his signings have been good

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Crewe Alexandra manager David Artell has confirmed that Perry Ng is set to leave the Railwaymen, with the club accepting an offer from Cardiff worth up to £350,00.

Artell told BBC Radio Stoke that he left the 24-year-old out of his squad to face Plymouth Argyle due to how close a move was, with Cardiff City having a bid rejected for the right-back last week.

“We’re in final discussions with Cardiff – we’re very close to agreeing what we need to agree,” said Artell.

“I spoke to Perry in the hotel last night and again this morning after he’d slept on what we had to say to him and between us.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:So much for Crewe not going to speak to us again :lol:

Very happy with the business so far if all 3 players sign.

They were always going to Do a deal , makes no sense to run a contract out and get nothing at that level as 350/500k is a lot of money

They were just playing the game , wouldn't suprise me if it dragged on to the last days of the window to see if they can get a few interested and bump the fee up.

I know mate. But a few people on here were ashamed and disgusted by our actions based on what crewes manager said. Well, we've just signed a rb with plenty of potential for 350k. Well done to the club.

I know this season has been shit and there is plenty to moan about. But people are so quick to bash the club and make something out of nothing its embarrassing at times.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:15 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I have been no fan of Harris, but when undoubtedly the greatest ever championship manager realises that this squad is a mess and quickly packs his bags it has always been a big task.

With Kieffer back we look a competent unit even against the leaders of the division.

I am opposite to most on here and believe we don't need to do anything in midfield, the problem position is wide forward.

Bacuna or Vaulks and Ralls should be enough dog in midfield then play Wilson or even Junior as the third (attacking) midfielder. IMO Wilson isn't a wide forward or winger, he works hard, doesn't mind a bit of physicality, he needs to be the third midfielder.

Keiffer is a must, then Murphy as a wide forward but we don't have another genuine wide forward. Ojo reminds me of Jay Emmanuel Thomas, good control, extremely well coached but doesn't really have a position and very little end product. We need speed a Ojo doesn't have it. Sadly Juniors days as a wide forward are over and if we are talking contract extensions it can only be infield. Hopefully Watters is the answer, but i am not sure he looked that quick.

Spot on. I could not agree more.

If Harris releases the defensive shackles off we may be a half decent outfit.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:26 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Well said

They were always going to Do a deal , makes no sense to run a contract out and get nothing at that level as 350/500k is a lot of money

They were just playing the game , wouldn't suprise me if it dragged on to the last days of the window to see if they can get a few interested and bump the fee up.

I know mate. But a few people on here were ashamed and disgusted by our actions based on what crewes manager said. Well, we've just signed a rb with plenty of potential for 350k. Well done to the club.

I know this season has been shit and there is plenty to moan about. But people are so quick to bash the club and make something out of nothing its embarrassing at times.

Escott1927 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Well said

Well said

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 am

CreweAlex boss David Artell confirms Captain Perry Ng is on his way to Cardiff for a medical ahead of a deal which he says is "good for both clubs."

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CreweAlex boss David Artell confirms Captain Perry Ng is on his way to Cardiff for a medical ahead of a deal which he says is "good for both clubs."

The Crewe Manager has certainly changed his tune! after his embarrassing offer outburst! I was also embarrassed by a number of people on this forum supporting him rather than our club, obviously they have never done any negotiating?

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Cardiff have met Perry Ng's release clause at Crewe and the right-back is due for talks and a medical at the Cardiff City Stadium.