Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What are the likely reasons? "

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Is it because of our bad results and drifting further away from the play offs ?

ISWE it the style of football we play?

IS it the manager? WE seem able to attract players from lower leagues but at moment seem to have a problem attracting players with Premier league experience..

Do others seem to think we don’t have enough ambition and that’s why we are where we are.? BE interesting to hear your views

Re: " What are the likely reasons? "

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Well if I was a Premier player I would not go to Cardiff.

If I was a Championship player it would be a last resort if things were not going well for me.

If I was a League one player Cardiff would be just a stepping stone.

Overall I would avoid Cardiff if I could.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:12 pm

if your looking at this from his point of view ...

15th in the table on a run of 5 straight defeats and buying lower league players...

and then...spend an hour having a look at this Cardiff messageboard ....would you come here if there were options ?

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Good Players do not join sinking clubs and at this moment in time we are looking like one

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:13 pm

More than likely it is because the players feel they are better than they really are and premier and ex premier, think they can do better than dropping down a division :thumbup:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Whatever the reason if he doesn't want to play for us we move on and look at other options.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Igovernor wrote:More than likely it is because the players feel they are better than they really are and premier and ex premier, think they can do better than dropping down a division :thumbup:

its not like he was a premier league player though... so must be quite confident better options will come... or infact sit tight and be a free agent in 5 months...

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 pm

all players should consider their selves very lucky to be in well paid employment and also being able to do something they love. wether that is at Cardiff city or any other professional club. :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:22 pm

We are more likely to be in a relegation fight than a promotion push. They are probably holding out for better options.

If they are not interested then move onto the next target. Clock is ticking and we need bodies in.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:22 pm

skidemin wrote:
Igovernor wrote:More than likely it is because the players feel they are better than they really are and premier and ex premier, think they can do better than dropping down a division :thumbup:

its not like he was a premier league player though... so must be quite confident better options will come... or infact sit tight and be a free agent in 5 months...

But he was, he played 26 times in the premier :thumbup:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Reasons for not coming here?

Billionaire owner. Tick

Neil Harris....errr

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Igovernor wrote:
skidemin wrote:

But he was, he played 26 times in the premier :thumbup:

cross wires mate, i was talking about Simpson...

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:28 pm

They look at this Messageboard and think the fans are a bunch of miserable tw-ts.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:29 pm

They’ve all seen us on tv..

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm

IT could be that knowing he will be leaving at the end of the season for nothing that means he will be able to negotiate a much better salary as the new club won't be paying £7500,000 for him. This is why the Bournemouth manager is desperate to get rid of him now.

Judging on the comments about him on the Bournemoth forum he won't do any better than a mid table championship club like us. Maybe he is hoping Rangers or Celtic will come in for him. Would have been an ok signing but probably nothing more than that.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Cardiff aspire to be a yoyo team, there aren't too many of those

Cardiff and the surrounding area is beautiful but quite geographically isolated. Manageable if you are from the midlands or London but any further afield is a trek.

I may be cynical but money and contract come to mind. We have been top payers and skinflints so it's an individual decision. But Team "A" will pay you a million a year for three years or Team "B" £500K for a four year deal, its your choice, but i'd take the money now over the longer deal.

Club culture may have a bit to do with it, if you know a few of the lads (Aden Flint appears to know everybody) and its a sound group that fits your ethos it may swing you over a bigger dog eat dog club. Bellamy has previously talked about this and its so interesting.

It could be you know the manager is going to Celtic and he has told you he'll sign you. Bigger club, more money and limelight and you know the manager believes in you.........

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Cardiff are still very hopeful Jack Simpson is not def turning us down, he is thinking it over tonight.

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall has asked Jack Simpson to reconsider and sign for Cardiff City :thumbright:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Simpson ....... the fat lady is not singing yet (!) .... it ain’t over till it’s over ......... I have a sneaky feeling that he “may” be holding out for more money.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:16 pm

Whatever the outcome, at least we ARE bringing new players to the club, Keiffer will hopefully be back and remain injury free and we won't be playing Norwich again any time soon ! Surely reasons to be cheerful as Ian Duty once sang.

Things will steadily improve from here on in, confidence being the key. I'm not saying that I have blind faith in the manager because I don't but let's see if the new acquisitions can help lift the doom and gloom that seems to be so pervasive at the moment.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:33 pm

If players took notice of supporters forums like this they will never join a club lol all forum I have seen are the same what I have seen anyway, some a lot worse than ours too

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:15 pm

valleyrambill wrote:If players took notice of supporters forums like this they will never join a club lol all forum I have seen are the same what I have seen anyway, some a lot worse than ours too

I cannot recall the messageboard ever being so doom laden as it is at present. Can you imagine what it would be like if we were in Derby's position ?

Yes we've lost 4 league games in a row but so what. We've got enough decent players in the team to get us out of the rut we're in and the new players will hopefully give the club a boost.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:21 pm

valleyrambill wrote:If players took notice of supporters forums like this they will never join a club lol all forum I have seen are the same what I have seen anyway, some a lot worse than ours too

i cant say ive looked at many but the few ive looked at ive not seen managers polls where 90% of votes are to get rid, or as many anti manager threads... predicting when he gets sacked threads ..or how many daft things he has said today threads...

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff are still very hopeful Jack Simpson is not def turning us down, he is thinking it over tonight.

Bournemouth boss Jason Tindall has asked Jack Simpson to reconsider and sign for Cardiff City :thumbright:

Sounds a great signing if their manager is persuading him to leave!

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm

skidemin wrote:

i cant say ive looked at many but the few ive looked at ive not seen managers polls where 90% of votes are to get rid, or as many anti manager threads... predicting when he gets sacked threads ..or how many daft things he has said today threads...

I think Drakeford Syndrome is affecting the fan base..

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:25 am

Hope Simpson does change his mind and joins us. Nelson looks dreadful without Morrison by his side.