Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Murphy could be on his way

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:04 am

https://www.footballinsider247.com/fore ... nt-murphy/

Re: Murphy could be on his way

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:25 am

Let's hope so - a complete waste of space.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:33 am

Nowhere near as good as his average at bestbrother

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:43 am

Another player, probably a millionaire with total lack of application once he made his big money move.

Let us fans down but more importantly let himself down.

Crazy monetary loss but totally expected.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:49 am

Up there with the worst signings ever made at this club all considered.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:10 am

The only regret is that we spent a £10mil fee and wages for so long

I so wanted him to work out here, every time he was given a game I would think "this is it" but it never was.

There's definitely talent there its just - from the outside looking in - the enthusiasm and the drive it not. Nobody knows what anybody else thinks but it sure did seem like JM did not care for the club to make an effort.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:18 am

He will perform elsewhere.

If he was actually given a chance I’m pretty sure he would perform here. A couple of premier league right backs would agree.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 am

maccydee wrote:He will perform elsewhere.

If he was actually given a chance I’m pretty sure he would perform here. A couple of premier league right backs would agree.

You might be right but In doubt it.

The fact that you mention a "couple of premier league right backs" just about sums him up.

There were a couple of games where he looked the business, but there were 25+ other games where he was non-existent.

The one that sticks in my mind was the Spurs game when he simply didn't track back once and we were 3-0 down within the first 26 mins with most of the forward impetus for Spurs coming down his side.

He just couldn't be arsed to put the effort in even though it was a dream game for him.

He was subbed at half-time but he could have come off after 20 mins his performance was so awful. I thinkn that was the game where Warnock finally lost patience with him.

Talent is nothing without application.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 am

piledriver64 wrote:

You might be right but In doubt it.

The fact that you mention a "couple of premier league right backs" just about sums him up.

There were a couple of games where he looked the business, but there were 25+ other games where he was non-existent.

The one that sticks in my mind was the Spurs game when he simply didn't track back once and we were 3-0 down within the first 26 mins with most of the forward impetus for Spurs coming down his side.

He just couldn't be arsed to put the effort in even though it was a dream game for him.

He was subbed at half-time but he could have come off after 20 mins his performance was so awful. I thinkn that was the game where Warnock finally lost patience with him.

Talent is nothing without application.

Yep. But I think he needs to feel loved. He’s the first to get stick from the crowd. He’s an attacker not a defender. If we played to his strengths it would have helped him no doubt.

Too late now.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:Up there with the worst signings ever made at this club all considered.

I wouldn't say one of the worst signings, but he definitely goes up there with one of the biggest flops. I had high expectations of Murphy, he demonstrated great ability in moments, but has really let the fans and himself down.

He doesn't seem to have properly applied himself. Maybe he is another victim of our style of play, I wouldn't rule it out. Definitely needs to go, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did eventually turn good for another team.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 pm

More likely that Ralls will go to Bristol City for 2m :ayatollah: who knows :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:More likely that Ralls will go to Bristol City for 2m :ayatollah: who knows :ayatollah:

Karl, you tease...! ;) :lol:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:More likely that Ralls will go to Bristol City for 2m :ayatollah: who knows :ayatollah:

They can have Pack back.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:00 pm

maccydee wrote:

They can have Pack back.

They don’t want him we’ve already asked :D

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Sven wrote:

Karl, you tease...! ;) :lol:

:lol:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:45 pm

I agree, Murphy needs a good run of games in the team then we can see if indeed he’s been a waste of space, I do like Murphy and he can turn it on so maybe he feels he has no chance of a run with Harris as manager

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I agree, Murphy needs a good run of games in the team then we can see if indeed he’s been a waste of space, I do like Murphy and he can turn it on so maybe he feels he has no chance of a run with Harris as manager

Regularly he’s the only creative spark we have. Regularly he gets taken off if he started or comes on with barely anytime to make a difference.

Occasionally he has made a massive difference. Not many other players could have put through Moore like he did.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:53 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Regularly he’s the only creative spark we have. Regularly he gets taken off if he started or comes on with barely anytime to make a difference.

Occasionally he has made a massive difference. Not many other players could have put through Moore like he did.

You’re spot on :thumbup:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

agree ...got taken off at Coventry and was by no ways our worse performer.. again at Forest where mant thought he was our best player... but Harris dont see it so he might as well nit b here...

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

agree ...got taken off at Coventry and was by no ways our worse performer.. again at Forest where mant thought he was our best player... but Harris dont see it so he might as well nit b here...

Unfortunately you’re spot on in the last sentence.
I don’t think Harris likes him tbh, I think Josh is a confidence player so taking him off vs forest then drop him for the Norwich game must’ve really pissed him off, I’m not surprised that Murphy, (‘can’t be bothered’), according to a few on here.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I don’t think Harris likes him tbh, I think Josh is a confidence player so taking him off vs forest then drop him for the Norwich game must’ve really pissed him off, I’m not surprised that Murphy, (‘can’t be bothered’), according to a few on here.

And when he played with fans there he was oft criticised. As a confidence player it will have an impact.

At a different club he will prove he’s worth 10 million

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:11 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

And when he played with fans there he was oft criticised. As a confidence player it will have an impact.

I can virtually guarantee you that if/when he goes to another club that play to his strengths he will be awesome and we will be kicking ourselves

Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

I can virtually guarantee you that if/when he goes to another club that play to his strengths he will be awesome and we will be kicking ourselves

possibly he will do well out on loan come back and maybe we will have a new manager ? or will have played well enough for us to get offers as i dont see anything other than taking a massive hit if we were to sell him now...

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 am

Now if I was a manager or on the staff I’d let Murphy go to Sheff Wed and get Barry Bannan as a swop loan.

Murphy would get game time and we’d get a midfield maestro which we sadly need!

Bannan is coming to the end of his contract so both clubs could benefit from doing this.

Also seeing that Sheff Wed is now our feeder club.