Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Latest on Lee Tomlin '

Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:41 pm

Lee Tomlin, last year he played such a big role, biggest miss?

NEIL HARRIS:

"Hopefully back in four weeks."

I think so. He has been a huge loss for us.

When you haven’t got the biggest squad, only 20 senior players, any player or two players in a single position is a huge loss.

But Tomlin in particular was a catalyst last year, the maverick who got us back up the table.

I’ve not spoken too much about it, but getting him back fit for 10 games or 15 games will be a massive boost. He has got the ability at this level to find a pass, magic to score from nothing, genius from a set play.

Having him back, he has got a way to go.

We are hopeful he will be back within four weeks, playing in the squad. Can we shave some time off that? I’ll be pushing for that!

He is on the training pitch. Day to day, full training, then it is about upping his minutes.

Jordi is a natural athlete, fit all the time. Tommo, at his age, is slightly different and we have to build him there slowly.

I would be very disappointed if he wasn’t back in the first-team fold in three weeks’ time.

Harris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Latest on Lee Tomlin '

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Better get him back from Dubai then so he can do his 10 day stint :D

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:03 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:Better get him back from Dubai then so he can do his 10 day stint :D

so the training pitch he is on day to day.....is in Dubai ?

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:44 pm

skidemin wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:Better get him back from Dubai then so he can do his 10 day stint :D

He was on the training pitch day before yesterday.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:53 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

fair enough...so where does Dubai come in to it

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:58 am

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

fair enough...so where does Dubai come in to it

Seemingly, RyanBlue's head only....

Could be a weak joke but still surprising given his longevity on this Forum :roll:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:47 am

I appreciate the joke pal!

I think he’s just generalising what most footballers do during rehabilitation - piss off abroad and take it easy.

We going to start taking bets as to when Lee will be injured again? My monies on March.

Where’s this new striker Harris!!?

Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 am

Such a shame, I don't think we'll ever see him and Wilson play together. I think we'd be a few places higher had he played more games this season for sure.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 am

nubbsy wrote:Such a shame, I don't think we'll ever see him and Wilson play together. I think we'd be a few places higher had he played more games this season for sure.

Due back February mate. Think positive

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 am

nubbsy wrote:Such a shame, I don't think we'll ever see him and Wilson play together. I think we'd be a few places higher had he played more games this season for sure.

Initially I would have agreed but thinking about it I'm not so sure that it's out of the question. Wilson has a good engine and as long we have a strong enough defensive midfield group behind them it could work.

We'd certainly see some more excitement if it was tried and Tomlin might actually find Wilson with a decent pass or two :roll: :lol:

How about this

Smithies

Ng - Morrison - Simpson or Nelson - Bennett

Hoilett - Vaulks - Bacuna - Wilson

Tomlin

Moore

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:52 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Initially I would have agreed but thinking about it I'm not so sure that it's out of the question. Wilson has a good engine and as long we have a strong enough defensive midfield group behind them it could work.

We'd certainly see some more excitement if it was tried and Tomlin might actually find Wilson with a decent pass or two :roll: :lol:

How about this

Smithies

Tomlin

Moore

Looks a good side

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:

How about this

Smithies

Tomlin

Moore

Tomlin was the reason we made the playoffs last season and you can see how much we miss his magic this season. Still think wilson should have been used as a no.10 this season, instead of on the wing.

I'd switch hoilet for ojo/Tutu and vaulks for ralls in that team, but I'd set up similar.