Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spencer Prior and the sheep testicle

Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:52 am

When Spencer Prior signed for Cardiff from Manchester City in 2001 a bizarre clause was inserted in his contract that required him to have a "a physical liaison with a sheep and eat sheep's testicles".

Then Cardiff chairman Sam Hammam explained at the time: "It's simple. With Spencer being non-Welsh, he needs to prove to the people of Wales that he understands the place - then he can become a true leader."

There’s some weird clauses put into players contracts :lol:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarezs-man-utd-clause-23344671?fbclid=IwAR2whhVWynfHAjEp70lCuhU_dOL805aUuAz5VjlrXkWOPpAu12l3Pz1_5yc

Re: Spencer Prior and the sheep testicle

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:17 pm

I remember soencer prior came to cwmaman in aberdare I think with leone jeane and the put a spread of sheep testicles for us to eat with pitta bread. It was nice too

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:25 pm

nicky evans wrote:I remember soencer prior came to cwmaman in aberdare I think with leone jeane and the put a spread of sheep testicles for us to eat with pitta bread. It was nice too

Gave a nice change to hedgehogs then :)

Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:04 pm

nicky evans wrote:I remember soencer prior came to cwmaman in aberdare I think with leone jeane and the put a spread of sheep testicles for us to eat with pitta bread. It was nice too

I was there that evening.