Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Got what you deserved !!

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:32 pm

Wasn’t long ago a lot was calling for Warnock’s head in the Hope of that big manager who plays football like Barcelona to come in. I said at the time careful what you wish for because any manager that replaces sir Neil would be just the poor mans Warnock.
Now you all want Harris out. Who do you think will replace Harris ? Eddie Howe ? Nope we will get another Harris so buckle up and you will have plenty of time to wish sir Neil was back here now.
I bet right here and now if you was told we would replace Harris with Warnock you would all jump at it. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Got what you deserved !!

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:39 pm

Should never go back.

I was only saying this to my ex Mrs in bed last night.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm

It's irrelevant who we have next the facts are harris is done

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Wasn’t long ago a lot was calling for Warnock’s head in the Hope of that big manager who plays football like Barcelona to come in. I said at the time careful what you wish for because any manager that replaces sir Neil would be just the poor mans Warnock.
Now you all want Harris out. Who do you think will replace Harris ? Eddie Howe ? Nope we will get another Harris so buckle up and you will have plenty of time to wish sir Neil was back here now.
I bet right here and now if you was told we would replace Harris with Warnock you would all jump at it. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Spot on, Nukes; first sign of a 'dip' in Neil ap Warnock's time here and the usual suspects were on his case...

I won't specifically mention the likes 'BarryWelsh88' 'Prophet of Doom' (and others) as they take offence so easily

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:04 pm

Still stands warnocks time was done .he was replaced with a manager who many thought was the wrong one.now seems he is the wrong one.dont disagree with you probably replace him yet another failure.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm

Warnock resigned cos his style of football unfortunately wasn’t working anymore.Just like Harris’s football which worked when we reached the playoffs but now is failing miserably.
Difference is now Harris won’t resign and basically waiting for a pay off.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:37 pm

theclaw wrote:Warnock resigned cos his style of football unfortunately wasn’t working anymore.Just like Harris’s football which worked when we reached the playoffs but now is failing miserably.
Difference is now Harris won’t resign and basically waiting for a pay off.

there will be a few double downers joining you mate.....difficult one to beat though fair play... :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm

It's not as simple as Harris = bad, Warnock = solution.

When Warnock left us we were 14th with 21 points from 16 games. A ppg ratio that would've seen us finish with 60 points and in 13th place.
Currently with Harris we have 29 points from 24 which, if continued, would see us finish with 56 points.

At the time of Warnock's appointment he was absolutely the best signing we could've asked for, he's a manager who knows the league inside out and can get the most out of struggling players/teams. He showed us this by successfully getting us promoted. Unfortunately 2 seasons later, for whatever reasons, his style was no longer working and we were in a similar position to currently. A younger, newer manager was needed with a different managerial mindset and at the time Harris was the answer, the players bounced back into promotion form and fought from down in 14th place to finish 5th in the play offs.

At the time of their signings both Warnock and Harris were the correct appointments, but equally the time was right for new management after Warnock's departure and Harris' dismissal. Warnock continuing on last year would of most likely seen us mid table at best and with a potential dip could've seen us fighting relegation.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:36 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:It's not as simple as Harris = bad, Warnock = solution.

When Warnock left us we were 14th with 21 points from 16 games. A ppg ratio that would've seen us finish with 60 points and in 13th place.
Currently with Harris we have 29 points from 24 which, if continued, would see us finish with 56 points.

At the time of Warnock's appointment he was absolutely the best signing we could've asked for, he's a manager who knows the league inside out and can get the most out of struggling players/teams. He showed us this by successfully getting us promoted. Unfortunately 2 seasons later, for whatever reasons, his style was no longer working and we were in a similar position to currently. A younger, newer manager was needed with a different managerial mindset and at the time Harris was the answer, the players bounced back into promotion form and fought from down in 14th place to finish 5th in the play offs.

At the time of their signings both Warnock and Harris were the correct appointments, but equally the time was right for new management after Warnock's departure and Harris' dismissal. Warnock continuing on last year would of most likely seen us mid table at best and with a potential dip could've seen us fighting relegation.

Totally agree with you. The time was right for both Warnock and Harris to leave the club.

I get the feeling that Harris was given plenty of chances to get us moving in the right direction but since the new year, our form has not stagnated, it has got considerably worse and it would have been surprising if the board had allowed it to continue any longer.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 pm

Didnt I read on here,that warnock had a big say in the appointment of harris? I liked warnock,but his time was done really,he knew it too.can never take away what he did,in uniting the club(well to a degree,as some will never back tan,and thats fine.)and giving us promotion,which tbh I didnt see coming!
I think its unfair to say people got what they deserved,all opinions,regardless of what the subject,should be respected? If he wasnt doing so well at boro,I dont believe he would be being mentioned now?
I guess what I'm saying is,if warnock had a say in appointing harris,he too got it wrong.
We move on.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 pm

No regrets about wanting Warnock to go, none at all.

By his own admission, he took the club as far as he could.

It was the right time for him to go and, with respect to the OP, it doesn't directly link with the sacking of Neil Harris.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 pm

Like 95% of us i loved Warnock, but he left us..... A few disgruntled fans but seeing as he is the most disliked manager in the country that's water off a duck's back.

He left because Flint,Pack,Vassell, Whyte, Glatzel were never going to get his record extending promotion.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:14 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Like 95% of us i loved Warnock, but he left us..... A few disgruntled fans but seeing as he is the most disliked manager in the country that's water off a duck's back.

He left because Flint,Pack,Vassell, Whyte, Glatzel were never going to get his record extending promotion.

Yes but many supporters had turned on him by the time he left that is my point

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Rubbish

Very much liked Neil, very much disliked his football and the players he signed for inflated fees to deliver it.