Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mornington Crescent

Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:46 am

Sorry to trouble you at this time but a raging argument needs clarification and possibly your help.

4 of us were playing Mornington Crescent (old rules) when a player reversed ,"Amersham". The next player then trumped with Bromley-by- bow which led to me calling Mornington Crescent.

Problem is that Bromley-by-Bow cannot be used as a trump play when following a metropolitan line gambit but as it wasn't challenged straight away, was i within my rights to call Mornington Crescent

any help please

Re: Mornington Crescent

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:24 am

mm3260 wrote:Sorry to trouble you at this time but a raging argument needs clarification and possibly your help.

4 of us were playing Mornington Crescent (old rules) when a player reversed ,"Amersham". The next player then trumped with Bromley-by- bow which led to me calling Mornington Crescent.

Problem is that Bromley-by-Bow cannot be used as a trump play when following a metropolitan line gambit but as it wasn't challenged straight away, was i within my rights to call Mornington Crescent

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
mm3260 wrote:Sorry to trouble you at this time but a raging argument needs clarification and possibly your help.

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wtf is he actually on about :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Can he play Cups though.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:45 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

I wish I knew - actually on second thoughts, I'm quite glad that I don't :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:00 pm

Its lockdown fever,surely??

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Mornington Crescent is a game featured in the BBC Radio 4 comedy panel show "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue (ISIHAC)", a series that satirises panel games. The game consists of each panellist in turn announcing a landmark or street, most often a tube station on the London Underground system.

mm3260 clearly trying to be funny or clever; neither of which he achieved...

But then again, he does listen to BBC Radio 4 :o :shock: :roll: :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 pm

any help please

ive had similar problems with the welsh version... where one player under various guises keeps insisting Roath trumps everything and everyone...

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:55 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Mornington Crescent is a game featured in the BBC Radio 4 comedy panel show "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue (ISIHAC)", a series that satirises panel games. The game consists of each panellist in turn announcing a landmark or street, most often a tube station on the London Underground system.

Well thank you for that critique. I didn't realise that you were the judge or Spokesperson of what the readers of this board find funny or otherwise. If i try anything clever or funny at any time I shall run it by you first of all. Maybe we could all do that and save ourselves possible embarrassment. :roll: :roll:

The reason I posted it was to see if there were any kindred spirits with the same sense of humour. If there were any out there i would have got " proper" answers to my query instead of a Wiki spoiler.

No more and no less. I wish you peace and healing

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Oh ok then :?
Sorry for my ignorance but I don’t listen to Radio 4 :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:04 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Sam, I had to look it up; talkSPORT for me...! :thumbup: :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Sam, I had to look it up; talkSPORT for me...! :thumbup: :lol:

Pmsl Chris :lol:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:48 pm

The oldest sayings are the best sayings in this case
It takes all sorts

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:34 pm

I thought it was a reasonable question, dealt with in a very harsh manner. Just saying.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:37 pm

mm3260 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Well thank you for that critique. I didn't realise that you were the judge or Spokesperson of what the readers of this board find funny or otherwise. If i try anything clever or funny at any time I shall run it by you first of all. Maybe we could all do that and save ourselves possible embarrassment. :roll: :roll:

The reason I posted it was to see if there were any kindred spirits with the same sense of humour. If there were any out there i would have got " proper" answers to my query instead of a Wiki spoiler.

I thought it was amusing even though i didn't have a clue what it was about. :occasion5:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:46 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

Crikey, bit harsh. Bad day? :shock: Hardly the first niche topic someone’s started and definitely won’t be the last.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:
mm3260 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

any help please

Are you on drugs mate?

I thought it was amusing even though i didn't have a clue what it was about. :occasion5:

Me too. Very harshly treated by some. He's owed an apology or two. :thumbup: