Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“‘LOOK COME ON CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

Mick McCarthy is set to take over as Cardiff City boss.

His record is much better than some fans seem to think. Ipswich were always doing ok and look what happened when he left. Ireland twice and good spells :thumbright: :bluebird:

I will tell you what he will soon discipline our players and he is not a yes man :thumbright: :bluebird:

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

Our fans are suppose to be some of the best in the Country, now come on.

McCarthy has passion for the game like us and experience :bluebird:

We are in danger of getting involved in a relegation battle.

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Slagging him off won’t achieve anything at all.

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “‘LOOK COME ON CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy is set to take over as Cardiff City boss.

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

:clap: My sentiments exactly :thumbright:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:10 am

Totally agree annis some of the comments I've seen are pathetic, give the man a chance ,he's experienced and a no nonsense manager like warnock was

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:11 am

wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree annis some of the comments I've seen are pathetic, give the man a chance ,he's experienced and a no nonsense manager like warnock was

And his initials are MM ;)

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:13 am

Annis, you cant deny this another short sighted appointment and a missed opportunity to make real change. He is not going to be a popular choice and if results/performances arnt good the fans are going to be on his case straight away, like many were with Harris. It wouldn't be so bad if he did a good job at Ipswich but he never. And football has moved on since then as well. Wasnt he recently fired for doing a terrible job?

For the sake of the club I dont want him to fail, but I do not support this decision at all. Pathetic by the board again.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:14 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:14 am

I'm positive about this.He will know alot of the players and among other things is a big fan of Kiefer Moore.From the same school as Warnock at least he won't try and bullshit fans with cliched politically correct talk.Also many on here wanted strong leadership and not a yes man.On that he fits the bill perfectly and will also see this as a big opportunity for himself.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:16 am

wez1927 wrote:

Wez, but it's the no nonsense warnock type football people are fed up with. The only way he'll keep the fans happy is if we are in promotion form.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:17 am

This was not the time to appoint a new manager with zero experience, lets remember we have lost 6 in a row, we dont look like winning anything at the moment so the priority is to keep us up and stabalise a decent squad.

Now work the bollox off some of those players who are and have been going through the motions.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am

Replies FB:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 am

Who WOULD you have liked to have seen appointed as our new manager Annis?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 am

I think you are right Annis, and appointing him now means that the transfer market is still open, so he can dip his fingers in the waters and sign people he knows with experience and who will listen to what is required to get us back on our feet and stop the rot.
Then we can look at the position at the end of the year if it is only a short term contract.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:20 am

Escott1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, but it's the no nonsense warnock type football people are fed up with. The only way he'll keep the fans happy is if we are in promotion form.

I remember the promotion season up at Wolves, home to Villa, Leeds etc. If played well, with plenty of fight and with the right personell it can be effective and exciting to watch.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:21 am

Not going to please everyone but is he temporary or permanent? Either way good appointment considering the comments about the players attitude he certainly wont suffer fools lightly.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:21 am

He'll get my full support from day one, he knows the league and time will tell if he is capable of getting more from a good squad than NH did. Not sure what sort of length of contract he will be on as this may indicate whether this is a long term plan or if it will be looked at at the end of the season.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am

Yeah totally agree some of the posts are pathetic we need to stabilise and remain in the championship.This guy if appointed has years of experience and many contacts in the game which is surely good news for our club get behind him and hopefully he will turn are season around, no we won’t go up and probably not reach the playoffs .Let’s get behind whoever comes in and go again are return our great club to where it belongs.Blooooobirds

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:23 am

It’s not a flashy appointment but it’s a sensible one. We are not in a position to take a risk on a young unproven manager at this level. McCarthy knows this league well and will steady the ship so the next appointment can be a bit more adventurous. Welcome to the madhouse Mick!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:24 am

Fans are asking for a young manager. Look what happened with Trollope and Harris. Give me experience every time.
Good luck Mick.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 am

Blueberry Jam wrote:Fans are asking for a young manager. Look what happened with Trollope and Harris. Give me experience every time.
Good luck Mick.

:clap:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I remember the promotion season up at Wolves, home to Villa, Leeds etc. If played well, with plenty of fight and with the right personell it can be effective and exciting to watch.

Under NW we had one of highest percentage of shots on goals....possession inside opposition penalty area ....... and were near tip for goals scored! cannot say it was boring maybe frustrating at times but it got us promotion besides been crying out this season to go forward quicker? So do fans want possession football inside own half like most teams do now or up and at them pressure inside their pen box? Getting happy medium is difficult in championship.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:28 am

Spot Annis, free speech I guess. Piss poor comments on here of late. Hate, hate and more hate.

Not exactly a big draw are we??

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 am

Hot head Bellamy ????? No thanks!!!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:32 am

Definitely agree. I will support him and give him the chance he deserves. He is an experienced manager at this level and I have no doubt he will consolidate us this year.

Lets get behind him and the boys :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:32 am

Will give him a chance. Does this appointment get the fans excited? I don't think so but it's probably what we need at the moment.

The positive for me is he is very much in the Warnock mode and straight talking so I can't see him taking any shit from Tan and being Vinny's little lap dog like Harris.

However the negative is the style of football, we'll probably be hard to beat but also hard to watch again similar to Warnock but I will take that at this stage we need results over performance on the pitch.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:33 am

Not sure what to think of this but ill back him he definitely wasn't a choice for me and never entered my mind

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:34 am

He's experienced, he's got promotions on his CV and a decent record with his last proper job, Ipswich. Came in during similar circumstances with them too and improved them a lot at his time there imo.
A touch of the old school about him which could work well with some of the longer serving players who worked under Warnock but a bit less divisive and a bit cooler headed for some of the younger lads: Watters, Bagan, Harris, etc.

I'm quite pleased we've gone with experienced over experimental like Bellamy.

Good luck to him and the team, big games coming up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:34 am

It is a sensible appointment if not an exciting one. It looks like the club are trying to recreate the Warnock scenario of a previous championship winning manager stabilising us this season and then going for it next season.
Obviously there is much work for McCarthy to do before next season in any case but he previously assembled a very attacking team in Wolves where even Andy Keogh shone (remember him?). My first hope is that he can lift players like Wilson who should be one of the divisions leading goal scorers/assist makers but Harris just couldn't handle a player with talent.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:35 am

Agreed, pity we can't be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He'll give some of those players the kicking they deserve :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 am

2 Promotions to the premier league, and also managed to keep a team in the Premier league.

If you were expecting a Champions League or top 6 Prem manager to show ambition, then you support the wrong team.

Mick McCarthy is a Championship manager that has promotions under his belt, exactly where we are at the moment.

Good luck and welcome

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

Well said Anniis.
McCarthy, has always had a soft spot for this club, he has always praised our support.
Let’s not show him the horrible side of our support.
He will certainly not settle for any half hearted performances from any of our players.
Look out Bennett..