Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “‘LOOK COME ON CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am

Certainly not one I expected but I always support the manager.I must have seen him in the opposing dugout as he’s been around for years but really can’t remember.
Is permanent or til end of season.
What style does does he play.
He comes across as regimental.
Who’s his number 2.
And most importantly is he a Yes man :laughing6:

Good luck Mick :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:43 am

I am an ipswich fan with a soft spot for Cardiff so have a bit of experience on this appointment. We loved him at Ipswich for his first three years. The team spirit was the best I have seen, the work rate exceptional. He turned average players in to warriors. We were heading for league one when he joined and a few seasons later were in the play offs. With proper financial backing he would have got us to the Premier league. No doubt about it.

Sadly he was then asked to build a team with even less
Money and we became dull and pedestrian. We were a comfortable mid table team though despite the boring football and the fans got fed up.

The season after he was hounded out we were relegated and are now a bang average league one team.

Good luck

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:45 am

Will also be interesting f who he brings in as his assistant

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am

He only lasted 8 games this season with Apoel in Cyprus and he lost 5 of them thats no better than Harris. Really hope this is only a short term appointment and we look to a younger forward thinking manager at the end of the season with a 3 year plan to completely change the philosophy at the club. In the meantime he will get my complete support :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:00 pm

I've always liked Mccarthy when I have seen him as a pundit. No nonsense and talks a lot of sense.Very experienced at Championship level and He'll probably bring Terry Connor with him as his number 2.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:01 pm

fred keenor wrote:This was not the time to appoint a new manager with zero experience, lets remember we have lost 6 in a row, we dont look like winning anything at the moment so the priority is to keep us up and stabalise a decent squad.

Now work the bollox off some of those players who are and have been going through the motions.

I agree if this had happened back in say November then I would have said get a new younger type of manager,but we can't buy a win at the moment with so many players either out of form or not trying very hard I think we need somebody like McCarthy to kick some arses. He won't stand for lack of effort and will not be afraid to drop anybody. Let's at least let the guy have a go before blasting him. He hasn't even been appointed yet and you would think we had got relegated yesterday.
Some comments on here are ludicrous,it's easy being armchair managers when there's no come back on you!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:07 pm

I personally cannot see any positives in this :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Totally underwhelming appointment, missed completely the mood of the support, backward step after Harris and another period of dinosaur football. Can't buy into being happy with what we are given just because we should. Its a crap appointment considering what we have just got rid of. FFS pointless sacking Harris.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:16 pm

I’m happy with this appointment. Experience, track record, a disciplinarian,,, ticks all the boxes.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:17 pm

He’ll have my complete backing around March time. Be interesting to see what he does about the style of play.

Il support him don’t get me wrong. But around about March time he’d have had 6 games or so plus training time to try and change formations.

Not to concerned about losses. If we can see progression in the playing style then yes, we should 100% support him!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:20 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I’m happy with this appointment. Experience, track record, a disciplinarian,,, ticks all the boxes.

:thumbright:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:21 pm

A very sensible appointment given our circumstances, he has the right experience for us, the club had to move quickly as the transfer window closes in a week's time.

GOOD LUCK MICK :occasion5:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Wade Wilson86 wrote:He’ll have my complete backing around March time. Be interesting to see what he does about the style of play.

Il support him don’t get me wrong. But around about March time he’d have had 6 games or so plus training time to try and change formations.

Not to concerned about losses. If we can see progression in the playing style then yes, we should 100% support him!

That’s better :thumbup:
Although I would give him until the end of the season, can’t do much in 6 games tbh

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy is set to take over as Cardiff City boss.

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

Our fans are suppose to be some of the best in the Country, now come on.

McCarthy has passion for the game like us and experience :bluebird:

We are in danger of getting involved in a relegation battle.

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Slagging him off won’t achieve anything at all.

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:
Totally agree annis some of the comments I've seen are pathetic, give the man a chance ,he's experienced and a no nonsense manager like warnock was

Wez, but it's the no nonsense warnock type football people are fed up with. The only way he'll keep the fans happy is if we are in promotion form.

I remember the promotion season up at Wolves, home to Villa, Leeds etc. If played well, with plenty of fight and with the right personell it can be effective and exciting to watch.

Under NW we had one of highest percentage of shots on goals....possession inside opposition penalty area ....... and were near tip for goals scored! cannot say it was boring maybe frustrating at times but it got us promotion besides been crying out this season to go forward quicker? So do fans want possession football inside own half like most teams do now or up and at them pressure inside their pen box? Getting happy medium is difficult in championship.

62, so do I mate, I was there as well. It was great. But that football didn't last long. We soon went to grinding out results and long ball football. Which is fine, when you're winning. But when you're not winning its not enjoyable and the fans soon get fedup. As we seen with warnock last season. And he was very popular with the fans as well.

Wez, you've said that a few times. There are other options to either pumping everything long or passing it around in defence. Brentford and Leeds play good football and they don't do either of those things. It doesnt have to be one or the other.

Listen, Like any new manager, McCarthy will have my support 100% and I hope he is successful. No doubt he will improve results
But I just see this as another short sighted appointment by the club with an old fashioned type manager. The majority of comments I've seen on social media are negative so I don't think it will take long for fans to turn on him if things aren't going well.

Whistler wrote:A very sensible appointment given our circumstances, he has the right experience for us, the club had to move quickly as the transfer window closes in a week's time.

GOOD LUCK MICK :occasion5:

Spot on :thumbright:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 pm

Spot on Annis :thumbright:

He should have everyone's support from day one :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Quite right. April time then!!! Nah, all I want is for us (dare I say it) is to be more of a passing team like the Jacks. We’ve tried and tested the ‘hoof it up field to the tall guy’.

At least with Mick il probably watch every post match interview!!! Hell of a personality.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:26 pm

Wade Wilson86 wrote:Quite right. April time then!!! Nah, all I want is for us (dare I say it) is to be more of a passing team like the Jacks. We’ve tried and tested the ‘hoof it up field to the tall guy’.

At least with Mick il probably watch every post match interview!!! Hell of a personality.

And that’s what I want, well done

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy is set to take over as Cardiff City boss.

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

Our fans are suppose to be some of the best in the Country, now come on.

McCarthy has passion for the game like us and experience :bluebird:

We are in danger of getting involved in a relegation battle.

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Slagging him off won’t achieve anything at all.

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Totally agree Annis we are in a precarious position,not one that we can appoint someone untried

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:33 pm

He’s a good short term solution and I’ll give him my backing.
But he’s not the man to improve the standard of football and get fans excited again in my opinion.
Let’s hope it’s the right choice

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:36 pm

I rather have an old hand like McCarthy than a young idiot like Harris I feel safe now and who know where he can take us

The season we got promoted he had Ipswich playing really well but Ipswich didnt back him actually sold players in January
otherwise maybe Ipswich might have been in the battle with us Fulham and Wolves.

Every manager has to be giving a chance I didnt like Harris but was willing to give him a go

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:38 pm

valleyrambill wrote:I rather have an old hand like McCarthy than a young idiot like Harris I feel safe now and who know where he can take us

The season we got promoted he had Ipswich playing really well but Ipswich didnt back him actually sold players in January
otherwise maybe Ipswich might have been in the battle with us Fulham and Wolves.

Every manager has to be giving a chance I didnt like Harris but was willing to give him a go

You’re just one of a few people on here that has a sensible view on things, just like me :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:51 pm

It’s an absolutely appalling appointment!!

McCarthy is old school...Football has moved on, just look at the current top 3 in the championship they all play pass and move football and create loads of chances every game. We are light years behind them and all 3 of them played us off the park

None of them play the hit and hope crap we serve up, what the hell are Dalman and Choo doing??

We had a real chance to appoint a different type of manager but what do my get..old fashioned, outdated, old school

So, so disappointed

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:It’s an absolutely appalling appointment!!

McCarthy is old school...Football has moved on, just look at the current top 3 in the championship they all play pass and move football and create loads of chances every game. We are light years behind them and all 3 of them played us off the park

None of them play the hit and hope crap we serve up, what the hell are Dalman and Choo doing??

We had a real chance to appoint a different type of manager but what do my get..old fashioned, outdated, old school

So, so disappointed

We don’t have the players to play that style that you’re talking about, it takes time to rebuild.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 pm

Going against the grain of a lot of posters on here I really like Mick and hope he does really well between now and the end of the season. No nonsense manager which we probably need at this time. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:57 pm

salopiancity wrote:Going against the grain of a lot of posters on here I really like Mick and hope he does really well between now and the end of the season. No nonsense manager which we probably need at this time. :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:57 pm

All these calls for a change in Philosophy is all good and well.

some want us passing like the Jacks, Bournemouth, Brentford all good and well, but that cant happen overnight!

You cant appoint a top European master passer and 7 days later expect Robert Messi Glatzel or Shaun Beckenbauer Morrison to take the pitch!

This Philosophy comes from years of change starting at academy level not a first team sliding down the table.

We need a manager to get us back to doing what we are good at, with the players that we have.

Remember those years we were laughing at the Jacks struggling while Sam's loans were propelling us up the leagues?

Early 2000s

The Jacks changed everything, the style, philosophy, setup. They had no choice, they had nothing and 6 years later they were up in the Championship with us! Still with less fans, but reaping the rewards of the hard work from the Academy up

It will take time and patience, something that a lot of our supporters won't allow.

I enjoyed the U23s game earlier this week and could see the changes there. Hopefully that will keep going and who knows, In 6 to8 years we may see the Total Football so many on here are calling for

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:58 pm

I honestly don't know what people were expecting.

MM has championship experience
MM has won promotion
MM has kept a team in the Prem
MM is not going to be on mega bucks

NH was branded a "Yes man" and many fans hated that. Is MM a "Yes man"? I cant see it tbh

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:07 pm

I'm gutted with this news (: