Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “‘LOOK COME ON CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Mr Shed wrote:All these calls for a change in Philosophy is all good and well.

some want us passing like the Jacks, Bournemouth, Brentford all good and well, but that cant happen overnight!

You cant appoint a top European master passer and 7 days later expect Robert Messi Glatzel or Shaun Beckenbauer Morrison to take the pitch!

This Philosophy comes from years of change starting at academy level not a first team sliding down the table.

We need a manager to get us back to doing what we are good at, with the players that we have.

Remember those years we were laughing at the Jacks struggling while Sam's loans were propelling us up the leagues?

Early 2000s

The Jacks changed everything, the style, philosophy, setup. They had no choice, they had nothing and 6 years later they were up in the Championship with us! Still with less fans, but reaping the rewards of the hard work from the Academy up

It will take time and patience, something that a lot of our supporters won't allow.

I enjoyed the U23s game earlier this week and could see the changes there. Hopefully that will keep going and who knows, In 6 to8 years we may see the Total Football so many on here are calling for

Nobody is expecting it to happen overnight. But at some point the club are going to have to make a positive move in that direction.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mick McCarthy is set to take over as Cardiff City boss.

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

Our fans are suppose to be some of the best in the Country, now come on.

McCarthy has passion for the game like us and experience :bluebird:

We are in danger of getting involved in a relegation battle.

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Slagging him off won’t achieve anything at all.

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Well said !

He is passionate, not my choice but I would put money on him being better for the club than Harris.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 pm

I will tell you what he will soon discipline our players and he is not a yes man :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:39 pm

Annis surely every manager is a yes man as they have to report directly to the owner. I agree that he will instil discipline but are you seriously saying you are happy with this appointment? I know the team are in a precarious position but at some point the club as a whole need a change of philosophy and direction and I'm sorry but Mick has just been sacked by Apoel for losing 5 out of 8 games no better than Harris doesn't make much sense to me unless its a short term appointment until the end of the season. Anyway good luck Mick welcome to Cardiff :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will tell you what he will soon discipline our players and he is not a yes man :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mick is his own person similar to Warnock I think he will do well for us ,I'm hearing cook and howe turned us down

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will tell you what he will soon discipline our players and he is not a yes man :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mick is his own person similar to Warnock I think he will do well for us ,I'm hearing cook and howe turned us down

Correct Wez, exactly similar to Warnock and with the passion.

We did get turned down by a couple, but we also turned down at least 8 managers who applied.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:53 pm

I think the relationship between fans and club is becoming akin to that of Drafus and Clouseau..

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Hoffo70 wrote:Annis surely every manager is a yes man as they have to report directly to the owner. I agree that he will instil discipline but are you seriously saying you are happy with this appointment? I know the team are in a precarious position but at some point the club as a whole need a change of philosophy and direction and I'm sorry but Mick has just been sacked by Apoel for losing 5 out of 8 games no better than Harris doesn't make much sense to me unless its a short term appointment until the end of the season. Anyway good luck Mick welcome to Cardiff :bluescarf: :bluebird:

A yes man to me is when the owner tells him the players he has to buy, the owner tries to tell him how to manage the team or even tell him he wants certain players played etc.

No he was not my choice in my mind or would I have chosen him, but I believe in giving everyone a chance and I am looking at all the positives he has done over the years and he has been there right at the top in football, we must all get behind him :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I also loves his passion for the game and his No nonsense approach.

Tan also wont be able to dictate to him, be interesting how they get on in the long run.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:55 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Now give McCarthy a chance, give him your full support from day one :thumbright: :bluebird:

How the hell is he suppose to do well for our club if he sees fans slagging him off before he has even taken charge.

Everyone deserves a chance and I for one will be fully backing McCarthy from day one and giving him 12 games to show what he can do for us :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Supporting him always gives confidence to him and our team :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Well said !

He is passionate, not my choice but I would put money on him being better for the club than Harris.

100% :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Wondered if they turned down bellamy after him giving a Hollywood performance for the wales job

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:08 pm

I was hoping for a young, modern manager to come and revolutionise the club but I have always been a fan of Mick McCarthy. He got Sunderland and Wolves promoted and did a very good job with limited resources at Ipswich. I am sure he will steady the ship and get us moving in the right direction again.

At the end of the day if the club hasn't got millions to change everything then we need someone who will get the best out of what we have now and McCarthy will do that. I would expect us to go similarly to how Warnock did, improved form first half season and a promotion push next season (chasing play-offs would be good enough in reality).

I would hope a good young coach will be the number 2 (or joint number 2 with Connor), someone who can take over when McCarthy finishes.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Considering its what a lot of city fans wanted bellamy if he applied to then ignore most of the fans and then appoint mcCARTHY over him but i guess we won' t know
and all this b.ll.cks about short term we will again have to endure what a majority of fans did' nt want imo was an old school thinker we wanted a revolution and an understanding from the fans point of view
but we got what we where told we are having and suck it up.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:14 pm

All the best Mick I hope you get some good fortune ahead. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:17 pm

It’s a yes for me as he’ll shake the players up.

Not sure about the future though?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:19 pm

His record is much better than some fans seem to think. Ipswich were always doing ok and look what happened when he left. Ireland twice and good spells :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:20 pm

With a six month contract he will perhaps be the one to advise VT , cant imagine MM being a yes man but will surely say what is needed.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Hoffo70 wrote:Annis surely every manager is a yes man as they have to report directly to the owner. I agree that he will instil discipline but are you seriously saying you are happy with this appointment? I know the team are in a precarious position but at some point the club as a whole need a change of philosophy and direction and I'm sorry but Mick has just been sacked by Apoel for losing 5 out of 8 games no better than Harris doesn't make much sense to me unless its a short term appointment until the end of the season. Anyway good luck Mick welcome to Cardiff :bluescarf: :bluebird:

A yes man to me is when the owner tells him the players he has to buy, the owner tries to tell him how to manage the team or even tell him he wants certain players played etc.

No he was not my choice in my mind or would I have chosen him, but I believe in giving everyone a chance and I am looking at all the positives he has done over the years and he has been there right at the top in football, we must all get behind him :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tan also wont be able to dictate to him, be interesting how they get on in the long run.

Thanks for the reply :thumbup: I will also be giving him my full backing if and when it's confirmed by the club you never know we might do a Fulham and win 15 on the bounce :lol: be interesting to see the lenght of his contract :thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:30 pm

Hoffo70 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks for the reply :thumbup: I will also be giving him my full backing if and when it's confirmed by the club you never know we might do a Fulham and win 15 on the bounce :lol: be interesting to see the lenght of his contract :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to his first press conference. You can sometimes gauge a fair bit from them

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 pm

What was his last 2 appointments like cyprus and reading did' nt rip up any trees

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:48 pm

Fans love the club but we cannot give support to an appointment we all know lacks vision.

The supporters deserve more from the office admin idiots who run our club. If the knowledge isn't there (it clearly is not) then bring people in to help.

We need a plan to move forward. This stinks.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:36 pm

Been promoted twice before. Knows the ropes and will show passion.
Happy days.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:13 pm

Blueberry Jam wrote:Fans are asking for a young manager. Look what happened with Trollope and Harris. Give me experience every time.
Good luck Mick.

:thumbup:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm

I will give him my full backing,as I do for whoever's chosen to lead our club.He is not someone I had considered,but has the experience to know whats needed,and hopefully,he can instill some belief back into the underperforming players we have! Maybe he can even get murphy up and running!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:24 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I will give him my full backing,as I do for whoever's chosen to lead our club.He is not someone I had considered,but has the experience to know whats needed,and hopefully,he can instill some belief back into the underperforming players we have! Maybe he can even get murphy up and running!

Now getting Murphy up and running is one thing I really hope happens because there’s an awesome player in there somewhere waiting to be let loose

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:15 pm

What I will say to you all once again shows Tan / Committee more bullshit about building for the future we keep hearing every 2yr years , this is def not building for the future

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:43 pm

nickjonesrox2 wrote:Fans love the club but we cannot give support to an appointment we all know lacks vision.

The supporters deserve more from the office admin idiots who run our club. If the knowledge isn't there (it clearly is not) then bring people in to help.

We need a plan to move forward. This stinks.

No,what stinks are fans such as yourself,so he wasnt your choice! Mine neither,as with others,but at least we throw our support behind the new manager,who ever it turns out to be,instead of having a dig at any given opportunity at the board etc!!

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:55 pm

His record is much better than some fans seem to think. Ipswich were always doing ok and look what happened when he left. Ireland twice and good spells :thumbright: :bluebird:

I will tell you what he will soon discipline our players and he is not a yes man :thumbright: :bluebird:

We sussposed to be the the best but we can’t even get behind the club as a whole. I for one won’t be supporting mick the prick. Hopefully he’s not long for us.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:

We sussposed to be the the best but we can’t even get behind the club as a whole. I for one won’t be supporting mick the prick. Hopefully he’s not long for us.

why mick the prick ?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:25 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

why mick the prick ?

Because its not HIS choice! His sentence about being the best,then saying WE cant even get behind the club as a whole?? No shit sherlock,its the fans such as yourself,that are preventing it happening(getting behind the club we suppirt!)

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:26 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

why mick the prick ?

Because its not HIS choice! His sentence about being the best,then saying WE cant even get behind the club as a whole?? No shit sherlock,its the fans such as yourself,that are preventing it happening(getting behind the club we suppirt!)