Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Paul Cook turned City down.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Reports claim Paul Cook had been offered a 6-month deal by Vincent Tan, but the offer was turned down

TalkSport this afternoon.

They claim that Cardiff had offered Paul Cook a six-month deal. Only for the former Wigan boss to turn down their offer in the hope of a more long-term deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Paul Cook turned City down.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reports claim Paul Cook had been offered a 6-month deal by Vincent Tan, but the offer was turned down

They claim that Cardiff had offered Paul Cook a six-month deal. Only for the former Wigan boss to turn down their offer in the hope of a more long-term deal.

Is this an indicator that MM has only been offered a 6 month deal ?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reports claim Paul Cook had been offered a 6-month deal by Vincent Tan, but the offer was turned down

Good. I personally don't see the big Hoo Hah about him.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:10 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

I suspect so though if we make a decent improvement in form and performances I'd expect MM to continue

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:41 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

I would hope so

Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Would take Cook over Mick any day but if these are the options we are discussing we know we're in trouble and our owners knowledge is limited at best. The supporters deserve more

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:25 pm

If I was an out of work manager, looking for a team and was sat at home twiddling my fingers, then I'd be interested in any job managing a professional football team. 6 months to prove what he can do and take it from there. Unless he knows that he wont be able to change things around too much

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Seems to suggest it will be a short term deal for Mick McCarthy.

Can understand why McCarthy is happy to take a short term deal at his age.

Can also understand why Cook wanted something more long term at this stage of his career.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Seems to suggest it will be a short term deal for Mick McCarthy.

Can also understand why Cook wanted something more long term at this stage of his career.

Always the chance he could get a longer deal if he does well

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:40 pm

maccydee wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Seems to suggest it will be a short term deal for Mick McCarthy.

Always the chance he could get a longer deal if he does well

6 month deal for Mick is likely with a bonus for play offs or promotion or more apt, avoiding relegation :shock:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:45 pm

This would make sense, Ned :thumbup:

I can see the value of Vincent Tan wanting shorter term deals and maybe the compromise (for any manager chosen) would be the proverbial 'Rolling Contract" that gives incentive and sees success rewarded and failure costing the minimum in compensation (one of the reasons Neil Harris lasted so long)

Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Bit disappointed in him if this is true. If he had done a good job he could easily have got the job on a permanent basis. Don't think good championship level jobs come up that often for him to turn one down. Seem to be a few managers who have an over inflated idea of what sort of jobs they can get.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:49 pm

I feel we have missed the boat here personally.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:53 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:I feel we have missed the boat here personally.

Why? He Had a choice but chose to say no! shows he as no confidence in his own ability otherwise he would have taken until end season and prove hes worth a longer contract... :old:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Why? He Had a choice but chose to say no! shows he as no confidence in his own ability otherwise he would have taken until end season and prove hes worth a longer contract... :old:

Exactly

Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly

Ffs he turned club down not other way around... :roll:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly

IF this is true then Cook is a idiot. Probably the biggest job he is ever likely to be offered

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly

IF this is true then Cook is a idiot. Probably the biggest job he is ever likely to be offered

Can see why he would have wanted longer to turn it around but he still has the basis of a good squad and to make a strong finish to end of season. He won't be getting lots of offers

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:44 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Exactly

As someone said these managers have an over inflated opinion of how good they are! :old:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:09 am

You abandoned the ship (SS Bluebird) a long time ago, fella ;)

Paul Cook apparently to be offered the Sheffield Wednesday job on a 21/2-year contract