Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK DID NOT RECOMMEND NEIL HARRIS TO TAN LIKE A COU

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:25 pm

NEIL WARNOCK DID NOT RECOMMEND NEIL HARRIS TO TAN LIKE A COUPLE ON HERE SAID :thumbright: :bluebird:

Re: NEIL WARNOCK DID NOT RECOMMEND NEIL HARRIS TO TAN LIKE A

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:29 pm

A 1st team player must have been telling lies is all I can say....

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 pm

boyo1927 wrote:A 1st team player must have been telling lies is all I can say....

saying what you believe to be true but is not isnt saying lies...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:17 am

boyo1927 wrote:A 1st team player must have been telling lies is all I can say....

Listening to Warnock today, it certainly doesn't sound like he'd give him a reference... ;)

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:59 am

It never happened.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:00 am

Sven wrote:

Listening to Warnock today, it certainly doesn't sound like he'd give him a reference... ;)

1,000% Warnock never, I said it on here when two posters kept insisting he did.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:52 am

Recommended or not, Warnock insists he left us in a good place and he hasn’t. He knew he’d put together a turd, it was turning sour and he bolted.
At least Harris has left some quality here, let’s just hope Micky gets a couple of midfielders in sharpish. If he prevents the double and can make the dire football we play slightly more easier on the eye then good for him.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:02 am

Mr Potato wrote:Recommended or not, Warnock insists he left us in a good place and he hasn’t. He knew he’d put together a turd, it was turning sour and he bolted.
At least Harris has left some quality here, let’s just hope Micky gets a couple of midfielders in sharpish. If he prevents the double and can make the dire football we play slightly more easier on the eye then good for him.

Harris left a sinking ship and achieved nothing under his management

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:50 am

Warnock left the sinking ship. He willingly left us in this mess so he didn’t get fired. Harris tried to pick up that mess and got it to the play offs.

Harris didn’t have the millions Warnock did.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Warnock left the sinking ship. He willingly left us in this mess so he didn’t get fired. Harris tried to pick up that mess and got it to the play offs.

Harris didn’t have the millions Warnock did.

Agree, Warnock's costly signings weren't performing for him or for Harris, regularly not in the starting line up and hardly made a difference when they came on .... trouble is these players are on good contracts and seem to be just going through the motions picking up their money ..... hopefully they can be moved on

Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:34 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Recommended or not, Warnock insists he left us in a good place and he hasn’t. He knew he’d put together a turd, it was turning sour and he bolted.

a turd of a squad that finished 5th.. yes harris has signed Moore...and a couple of players who were good elsewhere...whoop dio do put it on his CV..he once signed a good player....

Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:50 pm

I can’t help wondering if Warnock signed some good players and left a good squad, why hasn’t he knowing our club have to off load,been back in for anyone and signed them for Middlesbrough.?????

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:16 pm

EL JEFE wrote:I can’t help wondering if Warnock signed some good players and left a good squad, why hasn’t he knowing our club have to off load,been back in for anyone and signed them for Middlesbrough.?????

was a bit surprised he did not snap up pato..but without knowing budgets and there being a general lack of money , who knows .. but who did he sign for us that he had previously managed ?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Harris got the squad playing, it was still a dire squad. Warnock knew it and left.

Harris has had a poor season and its cost him but he got us to play offs and he did well last season. His biggest problem is he hasn’t brought in a solid midfield leader. We’ve been lacking for a few seasons in that area.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:54 pm

skidemin wrote:

a turd of a squad that finished 5th.. yes harris has signed Moore...and a couple of players who were good elsewhere...whoop dio do put it on his CV..he once signed a good player....

Don’t forget he didn’t have the same backing as Warnock. I’ve said many times, the squad was dire. Harris did well to get it to 5th and it was the squad Warnock left behind. If it was that good why leave?

Harris has got a bit more to add to his cv than adding Moore.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Harris got the squad playing, it was still a dire squad. Warnock knew it and left.

Harris has had a poor season and its cost him but he got us to play offs and he did well last season. His biggest problem is he hasn’t brought in a solid midfield leader. We’ve been lacking for a few seasons in that area.

Harris had 18months to get it right.

HARRIS OWN WORDS;" BIG SQUAD / FULL OF QUALITY."

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Don’t forget he didn’t have the same backing as Warnock. I’ve said many times, the squad was dire. Harris did well to get it to 5th and it was the squad Warnock left behind. If it was that good why leave?

well he did say he would leave if the crowd started to turn...and it did... 16 games in for a manager who had been great here.... i didnt think our signings were good enough to go straight back up...they were not strengthening signings they were replacements..and in all truth downgrades.... christ mate we lost manga and bamba... and spent 4 mill replacing... seriously ? ;lost arter, camarasa and =gunner and spent 2 mill on vaulks... add a downgrade up front... no 22 mill mitrovic or 15 mill costa here..a 5 mill punt to replace an 8 mill ken... and on deadline day reid goes and we bring in pack for less than half the reid fee..... promotion written all over it... only if your living on a different planet.. and no ,moore is the one signing....the loans were good elsewhere not here...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:09 pm

MICK McCARTHY:

What is the group capable of?

The first thing I did when I got the call, that I could speak to the club, I looked at the squad and thought ‘Wow, they have got some good players’.

I watched them play at Nottingham Forest, I was really impressed, played really well and won the game.

I am thinking ‘there is an opportunity here’.

I don’t know what’s gone wrong but you can’t lay the blame at one person’s door. Neil (Harris) reached the play-offs last year. So I don’t know what’s happened. It’s been an inconsistent one, won four on the bounce then lost a few on the bounce.

We need consistency

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:16 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

backing ? it was a downgrade..... or did we sign some top players that i missed while keeping our existing squad together... talk about over expectancy.... trust me mate if you get 3 numbers tonight you wont b a millionaire either......

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He still didn’t have the backing did he. Still managed a play off finish. The trouble with Harris is that fans didn’t want him. He had to go in the end but he was still picking up pieces from Warnock after he ditched.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:30 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

backing ? it was a downgrade..... or did we sign some top players that i missed while keeping our existing squad together... talk about over expectancy.... trust me mate if you get 3 numbers tonight you wont b a millionaire either......

Oh and Warnock brought real quality for the millions spent didn’t he? Flint, Murphy, Pack, vaulks and many more which worked well for us didn’t it. Harris had nowhere that sort of cash. Bear in mind we’re left with what Warnock left us with. He started our decline, Harris has a good first season it’s gone pear shaped but let’s not pretend it’s all his fault. If the squad was that good Warnock would still be here. We’re his type of club after all.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:44 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He still didn’t have the backing did he. Still managed a play off finish. The trouble with Harris is that fans didn’t want him. He had to go in the end but he was still picking up pieces from Warnock after he ditched.

But failed thats the point / its a results game.

Funny I said on here Harris was not backed, I was slammed down by most :lol:

Harris said he was backed, Hmmmm?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:51 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Oh and Warnock brought real quality for the millions spent didn’t he? Flint, Murphy, Pack, vaulks and many more which worked well for us didn’t it. Harris had nowhere that sort of cash. Bear in mind we’re left with what Warnock left us with. He started our decline, Harris has a good first season it’s gone pear shaped but let’s not pretend it’s all his fault. If the squad was that good Warnock would still be here. We’re his type of club after all.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Flint is a decent CB at this level...signed by 4 managers with literally thousands of games under their belts and signed by us for half what he cost the year before.. .. him and Mozza didnt seem to gell together but that doesnt mean he is crap...Murphy ? splits opinion but defo has talent ,... Vaulks...seriously pal ..is that who you would be expecting to come in to replace the 3 we lost... intent would have been a couple of midfielders each costing far more than Vaulks... and pack was an 11th hour signing when it became clear we would lose reid on deadline day ....we went up lacking in quality, signed 4 championship players and a couple of loans that in all honesty nobody else in that lge were interested in..then came down and spent less replacing 7 than we recieved for selling 3 { and none of those incoming fees were exactly huge , our neighbours got more for mcburnie than we got for the 3 } ...yeah thats what backing and waste is :? anyone thinking that really needs to have a look at how other clubs fair, spend and perform... bloke worked wonders but unfortunately we have a sizeable minority who expect expect and expect... 16 games ffs...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don’t disagree that he failed or had to go in the end. But, I agree with you, he wasn’t backed to the sums Warnock was, he isn’t going to against the board and say otherwise, much the same as he isn’t going to say his players are crap.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:32 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don’t disagree that he failed or had to go in the end. But, I agree with you, he wasn’t backed to the sums Warnock was, he isn’t going to against the board and say otherwise, much the same as he isn’t going to say his players are crap.

to the extent.... ? come off it... we lost 7 players so therefore had to bring players in ...and the budget stretched to a couple of half decent journeymen and players from oxford , rotherham and the german 2nd division... how we didnt finish above Leeds beats the hell out of me ... :?
Last edited by skidemin on Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Flint is a decent CB at this level...signed by 4 managers with literally thousands of games under their belts and signed by us for half what he cost the year before.. .. him and Mozza didnt seem to gell together but that doesnt mean he is crap...Murphy ? splits opinion but defo has talent ,... Vaulks...seriously pal ..is that who you would be expecting to come in to replace the 3 we lost... intent would have been a couple of midfielders each costing far more than Vaulks... and pack was an 11th hour signing when it became clear we would lose reid on deadline day ....we went up lacking in quality, signed 4 championship players and a couple of loans that in all honesty nobody else in that lge were interested in..then came down and spent less replacing 7 than we recieved for selling 3 { and none of those incoming fees were exactly huge , our neighbours got more for mcburnie than we got for the 3 } ...yeah thats what backing and waste is :? anyone thinking that really needs to have a look at how other clubs fair, spend and perform... bloke worked wonders but unfortunately we have a sizeable minority who expect expect and expect... 16 games ffs...

Flint - dire since he got here. Vaulks done nothing since he arrived, Murphy no consistency for the £11m we paid need I go on. Bloke did well to get us up, I’ve always said it, Bloke left when he knew what he’d put together when we came back down. He didn’t buy enough quality to keep us up and didn’t address it to get us back up. So he took the easy route and left. Great guy. Let me just leave before I get the chop.
Yeah with what he spent I expected and rightly so but 16 games (after he knew it) he left he wasn’t forced out, he decided he’d chase his promotion elsewhere.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:38 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

to the extent.... ? come off it... we lost 7 players so therefore had to bring players in ...and the budget stretched to a couple of half decent journeymen and players from oxford , rotherham and the german 2nd division... how we didnt finish above Leeds beats the hell out of me ... :?

Warnock spent (wasted) millions, been done to death on here.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Flint - dire since he got here. Vaulks done nothing since he arrived, Murphy no consistency for the £11m we paid need I go on. Bloke did well to get us up, I’ve always said it, Bloke left when he knew what he’d put together when we came back down. He didn’t buy enough quality to keep us up and didn’t address it to get us back up. So he took the easy route and left. Great guy. Let me just leave before I get the chop.
Yeah with what he spent I expected and rightly so but 16 games (after he knew it) he left he wasn’t forced out, he decided he’d chase his promotion elsewhere.

no we didnt buy anything like enough in the prem...its why we had the most points per pounds spent by a huge margin.... but the manager is not the person who decides the budget....what he spent...get real eh... we were up against clubs that spent more STRENGTHENING.. 1 or 2 positions than we spent REPLACING 7 that we had lost ... ... individual players are your opinion and no more than that ...in Flints case flies in the face of some very experienced managers opinions...yes murphy was not value for money but what half decent clubs dont have that happen ? your not being realistic.. 16 games before spitting a dummy out re the manager with the best second tier win percentage at this club in 60 plus years.... terrible...and tbh does not really bode well for whoever comes here..

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Mr Potato

FA CUP 4TH RD

Swansea 5 Forest 1

Forest the same team that knocked Harris / us out of the Cup