Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:01 pm

skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Recommended or not, Warnock insists he left us in a good place and he hasn’t. He knew he’d put together a turd, it was turning sour and he bolted.
At least Harris has left some quality here, let’s just hope Micky gets a couple of midfielders in sharpish. If he prevents the double and can make the dire football we play slightly more easier on the eye then good for him.

a turd of a squad that finished 5th.. yes harris has signed Moore...and a couple of players who were good elsewhere...whoop dio do put it on his CV..he once signed a good player....

Don’t forget he didn’t have the same backing as Warnock. I’ve said many times, the squad was dire. Harris did well to get it to 5th and it was the squad Warnock left behind. If it was that good why leave?

Harris has got a bit more to add to his cv than adding Moore.

backing ? it was a downgrade..... or did we sign some top players that i missed while keeping our existing squad together... talk about over expectancy.... trust me mate if you get 3 numbers tonight you wont b a millionaire either......

Oh and Warnock brought real quality for the millions spent didn’t he? Flint, Murphy, Pack, vaulks and many more which worked well for us didn’t it. Harris had nowhere that sort of cash. Bear in mind we’re left with what Warnock left us with. He started our decline, Harris has a good first season it’s gone pear shaped but let’s not pretend it’s all his fault. If the squad was that good Warnock would still be here. We’re his type of club after all.

Flint is a decent CB at this level...signed by 4 managers with literally thousands of games under their belts and signed by us for half what he cost the year before.. .. him and Mozza didnt seem to gell together but that doesnt mean he is crap...Murphy ? splits opinion but defo has talent ,... Vaulks...seriously pal ..is that who you would be expecting to come in to replace the 3 we lost... intent would have been a couple of midfielders each costing far more than Vaulks... and pack was an 11th hour signing when it became clear we would lose reid on deadline day ....we went up lacking in quality, signed 4 championship players and a couple of loans that in all honesty nobody else in that lge were interested in..then came down and spent less replacing 7 than we recieved for selling 3 { and none of those incoming fees were exactly huge , our neighbours got more for mcburnie than we got for the 3 } ...yeah thats what backing and waste is :? anyone thinking that really needs to have a look at how other clubs fair, spend and perform... bloke worked wonders but unfortunately we have a sizeable minority who expect expect and expect... 16 games ffs...

Flint - dire since he got here. Vaulks done nothing since he arrived, Murphy no consistency for the £11m we paid need I go on. Bloke did well to get us up, I’ve always said it, Bloke left when he knew what he’d put together when we came back down. He didn’t buy enough quality to keep us up and didn’t address it to get us back up. So he took the easy route and left. Great guy. Let me just leave before I get the chop.
Yeah with what he spent I expected and rightly so but 16 games (after he knew it) he left he wasn’t forced out, he decided he’d chase his promotion elsewhere.

no we didnt buy anything like enough in the prem...its why we had the most points per pounds spent by a huge margin.... but the manager is not the person who decides the budget....what he spent...get real eh... we were up against clubs that spent more STRENGTHENING.. 1 or 2 positions than we spent REPLACING 7 that we had lost ... ... individual players are your opinion and no more than that ...in Flints case flies in the face of some very experienced managers opinions...yes murphy was not value for money but what half decent clubs dont have that happen ? your not being realistic.. 16 games before spitting a dummy out re the manager with the best second tier win percentage at this club in 60 plus years.... terrible...and tbh does not really bode well for whoever comes here..

It’s not the budget that’s the issue, it’s how he spent it. He left us with a poor squad he knew it and left.
We could go on all night so let me ask, what top quality players do you believe we have at the club right now?

Who do we build our team around?

Re: NEIL WARNOCK DID NOT RECOMMEND NEIL HARRIS TO TAN LIKE A

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mr Potato

FA CUP 4TH RD

Swansea 5 Forest 1

Forest the same team that knocked Harris / us out of the Cup

Just goes to show what a cracking season they (jacks) are having. Again, I don’t disagree Harris had to go, the point I am making is that Warnock started the rot, left us with an unbalanced cart horse of a squad, he knew it, and he left quick sharpish.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:08 pm

Mr Potato wrote:

FA CUP 4TH RD

Swansea 5 Forest 1

Just goes to show what a cracking season they (jacks) are having. Again, I don’t disagree Harris had to go, the point I am making is that Warnock started the rot, left us with an unbalanced cart horse of a squad, he knew it, and he left quick sharpish.

AND THIS

Derby won today beat QPR

and we are only 4pts off 4th from bottom and Rotherham 9pts below us in the bottom 3 with 2 games in hand and still to play us.

Neil Harris was sinking fast taking us with him 6 defeats in row
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:20 pm

7777 glt wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Warnock left the sinking ship. He willingly left us in this mess so he didn’t get fired. Harris tried to pick up that mess and got it to the play offs.

Harris didn’t have the millions Warnock did.

Agree, Warnock's costly signings weren't performing for him or for Harris, regularly not in the starting line up and hardly made a difference when they came on .... trouble is these players are on good contracts and seem to be just going through the motions picking up their money ..... hopefully they can be moved on

I believe MM will sort these "underperforming" players out,let them know they have the talent,and dont waste it!!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:34 pm

7777 glt wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Warnock left the sinking ship. He willingly left us in this mess so he didn’t get fired. Harris tried to pick up that mess and got it to the play offs.

Harris didn’t have the millions Warnock did.

Agree, Warnock's costly signings weren't performing for him or for Harris, regularly not in the starting line up and hardly made a difference when they came on .... trouble is these players are on good contracts and seem to be just going through the motions picking up their money ..... hopefully they can be moved on

I believe MM will sort these "underperforming" players out,let them know they have the talent,and dont waste it!!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:

FA CUP 4TH RD

Swansea 5 Forest 1

AND THIS

Derby won today beat QPR

and we are only 4pts off 4th from bottom and Rotherham 9pts below us in the bottom 3 with 2 games in hand and still to play us.

Yes once again I agree, I am not sure what else to say. Harris had to go, I have said numerous times, even before he was sacked said his time was up and I agree with the sacking of him. My point is still that Warnock started the rot but you seem to insist on trying to prove to me that Harris had to go. I already agree that Harris had to go.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Mr Potato wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:

FA CUP 4TH RD

Swansea 5 Forest 1

AND THIS

Derby won today beat QPR

Yes once again I agree, I am not sure what else to say. Harris had to go, I have said numerous times, even before he was sacked said his time was up and I agree with the sacking of him. My point is still that Warnock started the rot but you seem to insist on trying to prove to me that Harris had to go. I already agree that Harris had to go.

This happened with the points thing yesterday and the shitty comment Warnock made.

Warnock is a better manager than Harris that cannot be denied and is a legend at this club. Harris deserved to be sacked.

However Warnock left a squad that wasn’t amazing. Some good players but still not amazing.