Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fair play

Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:02 pm

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fair play

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 pm

While I am a huge fan of Warnock the facts are this.

He managed us for 16 games last season and we got 21 points at an average of 1.31 pts per game.

Harris managed us for 30 games last season and we got 52 points at an average of 1.73 pts per game.

Stats don’t lie.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:15 am

maccydee wrote:While I am a huge fan of Warnock the facts are this.

He managed us for 16 games last season and we got 21 points at an average of 1.31 pts per game.

Harris managed us for 30 games last season and we got 52 points at an average of 1.73 pts per game.

Stats don’t lie.

I'm not knocking Harris' achievements last year; I was one to enjoy the run...

However, I always thought the long Covid break helped us, as we improved immeasurably after it and caught other clubs out, including 6-pointer club Leeds Utd

We won some very tight games that went for us last season but the same hasn't happened this season and six losses in a row is just not acceptable

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:32 am

Stats don’t lie.

no stats dont and his record at this level blows Harris away not just at this club but over all...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:46 am

5 wins from 16 is hardly a winning mindset. We had the same number of losses as wins when Warnock left. Conversely Harris won 14 out of 30 league games and only lost 6.
I loved Warnock’s time here and he’s easily my favourite manager we’ve had, but we had stagnated and change was needed. Harris was that change and it clearly worked as we went from 14th to 5th, how quickly it seems people forget how close to the Premier League we got. But, like with Warnock before, change is once again needed as we have become stagnant.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:58 am

Sven wrote:

Stats don’t lie.

However, I always thought the long Covid break helped us, as we improved immeasurably after it and caught other clubs out, including 6-pointer club Leeds Utd

We won some very tight games that went for us last season but the same hasn't happened this season and six losses in a row is just not acceptable

100% with you on that Chris :thumbright: :bluebird:

You cant compare Harris over all football record with Neil Warnocks :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Stats don’t lie.

100% with you on that Chris :thumbright: :bluebird:

You cant compare Harris over all football record with Neil Warnocks :thumbright: :thumbright:

Absolutely agree. Harris hasn’t been a manager anywhere near as long although took over at Millwall getting them promoted and got us to the playoffs.

But NW said about changing the mentality. As shown the mentality was more winnier (sic) under Harris LAST SEASON.

His average was 1.57 per game between taking over from NW and the break for COVID 2.11 after.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:20 am

skidemin wrote:

Stats don’t lie.

no stats dont and his record at this level blows Harris away not just at this club but over all...

Very small sample size for Harris.

I thought that was petty from Warnock. Harris didn’t say anything wrong. He was tasked with changing the footballing mentality.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:30 pm

maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Stats don’t lie.

I thought that was petty from Warnock. Harris didn’t say anything wrong. He was tasked with changing the footballing mentality.

thought it poor by Harris at the time and still do.... he was following a manager whose win percentage for this club at championship level is the best in my time watching.... Malkys is slightly higher overall mostly due to his lge cup run... and he had just left Millwall having won 5 of his last 30.... too big for his boots mate...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:59 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Stats don’t lie.

thought it poor by Harris at the time and still do.... he was following a manager whose win percentage for this club at championship level is the best in my time watching.... Malkys is slightly higher overall mostly due to his lge cup run... and he had just left Millwall having won 5 of his last 30.... too big for his boots mate...

All likelihood he was answering a question honestly.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:03 pm

Derby won today beat QPR

and we are only 4pts off 4th from bottom and Rotherham 9pts below us in the bottom 3 with 2 games in hand and still to play us.

Neil Harris was sinking fast taking us with him 6 defeats in row
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Derby won today beat QPR

and we are only 4pts off 4th from bottom and Rotherham 9pts below us in the bottom 3 with 2 games in hand and still to play us.

Neil Harris was sinking fast taking us with him 6 defeats in row

But we were never in the bottom three under Harris.

He had to go I won’t deny that.

Got a nice feeling about McCarthy. My mate is a wolves fan said he misses him.