Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mick McCarthy:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:43 pm

MICK McCARTHY:

"I want to get the Club back to winning games & get smiles back on the players' faces. If we do that, then we'll get smiles back on the fans.

"We've got a good squad of players and I'm looking forward to getting down to work."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mick McCarthy:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 pm

I’m just exasperated. Mick comes across as a good man and a depth of footballing experience, however whilst he may have a short term impact, I don’t believe it makes you a good manager and if I’m not mistaken history hasn’t proved otherwise when you measure Micks managerial career vs genuine success. Then again, who are we to demand anything better?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:I’m just exasperated. Mick comes across as a good man and a depth of footballing experience, however whilst he may have a short term impact, I don’t believe it makes you a good manager and if I’m not mistaken history hasn’t proved otherwise when you measure Micks managerial career vs genuine success. Then again, who are we to demand anything better?

managed 4 clubs won promotion with 2 and took the other 2 into play offs... genuine success ? depends how high you put the bar but that seems decent enough for me..

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:39 am

I hope MM is the right fit for Cardiff, what I do like about him he will speak up, he won't have players thinking they are bigger than the club, he will make us hard to beat, I would like us playing some nice football, HOOF it up the field is crap, City have made the move we have been dealt with uncertainty amongst the fan, So City fans let's now get behind him, stay positive, give him a chance.    :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: