Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCENT TAN:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:45 pm

VINCENT TAN said of the appointment: “I’d like to personally welcome Mick and Terry to our Football Club and wish them the very best of luck.

“I’ve enjoyed the brief talk I’ve had with Mick and I’m confident that he’s the right man to take on the responsibility of improving our performances and fortunes.”

Mick has a wealth of managerial experience on the club and international stage.

Captain of the Republic of Ireland in his playing days, Mick has twice managed his national side, notably taking them to the knockout stage of the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

At club level, he clinched Championship titles with both Sunderland and Wolves, whilst also guiding all four of his domestic sides to Play-Off campaigns.

"I'm delighted to be here," Mick told Cardiff City TV. "I'm thrilled by the opportunity.

"I want to get the Club back to winning games and I want to get smiles back on the players' faces. If we do that, then we'll get smiles back on the fans.

"We've got a good squad of players and I'm looking forward to getting down to work."

Re: VINCENT TAN:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:00 pm

I get the feeling this appointment is going to work. It just feels right for some reason

Vincent Tan has spoken very well both times on Harris and Mccarthy

Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 pm

thomasblue wrote:I get the feeling this appointment is going to work. It just feels right for some reason

I have to agree on all points... :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:49 am

This appointment came very quick and out of the blue. It's taken all by surprise.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:19 am

Welcome to Cardiff city mick macarthy and staff here’s to a successful stay :bluescarf:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:This appointment came very quick and out of the blue. It's taken all by surprise.

I'm not sure of that ,we the fans don't know what goes on behind the scenes

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:44 am

Bakedalasker wrote:This appointment came very quick and out of the blue. It's taken all by surprise.

I get the impression that the club were talking to potential candidates a week or so before Harris was eventually relieved of his duties.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:48 am

wez1927 wrote:

I'm not sure of that ,we the fans don't know what goes on behind the scenes

Indeed. Sometimes it feels like a secret mission.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:50 am

SA18 Bluebird wrote:

I get the impression that the club were talking to potential candidates a week or so before Harris was eventually relieved of his duties.

Probably a lot longer than that,,, lets face it, the alarm bells have been ringing since this season started.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:56 am

thomasblue wrote:I get the feeling this appointment is going to work. It just feels right for some reason

Perfect in my opinion for this season Thomas, as to the future who knows?

But the Committee need to start getting their act in order as next season we are skint.

To be fair I think we might of gone down under Harris, so I am happy with big Mick :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:00 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Transfer window, spoken to Tan about money?

MICK McCARTHY:

I haven’t spoken to him about that.

It was only completed yesterday and I had my first training session this morning.

I’ve got to see the players I’ve got and we will discuss that when we have been in a few more days.

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:17 pm

I wish him all the best,come on Mad Mick sort this squad out.