Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

5 players for Mick?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am

https://the72.co.uk/216788/five-players ... his-month/

Thoughts?

Re: 5 players for Mick?

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:05 am

kimble wrote:https://the72.co.uk/216788/five-players-mick-mccarthy-could-sign-for-cardiff-city-this-month/

Thoughts?

Tom Lawrence yes, Aerron Macanuf yes.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:09 am

Nothing there to guarantee an upswing in our season. Hopefully he knows of a cracking central midfielder who can link play and show a bit of skill and control in that area of the field, which has been so badly lacking recently.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:02 pm

i think people need to take a breathe tbh.... ill be happy if he can just guide what we have away from a possible relegation battle for now... the club have spent money and now have to pay off a manager and his staff with no match day income...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:52 pm

skidemin wrote:i think people need to take a breathe tbh.... ill be happy if he can just guide what we have away from a possible relegation battle for now... the club have spent money and now have to pay off a manager and his staff with no match day income...

Have to agree,safety in the division is paramount,some posters seem to think their are infinite funds available! Lets stay up first.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:02 pm

skidemin wrote:i think people need to take a breathe tbh.... ill be happy if he can just guide what we have away from a possible relegation battle for now... the club have spent money and now have to pay off a manager and his staff with no match day income...

100% agree.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

100% agree.

im sure a few are expecting a spending spree a run of wins and the play offs.... i would also love all of that , just dont think its realistic..

Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:50 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

100% agree.

im sure a few are expecting a spending spree a run of wins and the play offs.... i would also love all of that , just dont think its realistic..

I think we will spend this week, probably a loan and a permanent signing at a modest fee.

I also think we will see a winning run purely because of the fixtures we have on front of us and the new manager bounce

Can't see the play offs but it wouldn't surprise me, i would bet we will finish 4/6 points outside the top 6 though in reality

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:40 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

100% agree.

I think we will spend this week, probably a loan and a permanent signing at a modest fee.

I also think we will see a winning run purely because of the fixtures we have on front of us and the new manager bounce

Can't see the play offs but it wouldn't surprise me, i would bet we will finish 4/6 points outside the top 6 though in reality

Lets hope we get that bounce from having a new manager,as it doesnt always happen(pulis at sheff weds!)

Perhaps a new approach will liven up a few players?

In truth,they are now playing to stay here imho,my only concern is they buy into MM'S plan of play,as he's also only here short term(to start,as imho,if he does well,he will get extension).time for the players to stand up and be counted.cmon city!!

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:16 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

100% agree.

hope your right...

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:37 am

Tom Lawrence would be a great physical presence, always think he’s a handful but someone that won’t get pushed about...

Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:08 am

Jack Byrne - interesting call ;)

Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:52 pm

'There was nothing I could do' - Jack Byrne on Mick McCarthy's Apoel sacking
The Ireland midfielder said the Cypriot club reassured him over his future after McCarthy’s exit.

TWO DAYS AFTER Jack Byrne made the move to Apoel Nicosia, Mick McCarthy was sacked as the club’s manager and the midfielder said he was unable to prevent it.

McCarthy, who was unveiled as the new Cardiff City boss in recent days, lost his job shortly after convincing Byrne to make the move to Cyprus.

The only game-time the former Shamrock Rovers star logged under McCarthy was a five-minute cameo off the bench on his debut. By his second game, McCarthy was gone.

Byrne has maintained he holds no ill feeling towards the ex-Republic of Ireland boss.

“There was nothing I could do,” he told EJ Menswear’s The Changing Room. “The ink was dry.

“Obviously I love Mick. I’ve huge respect for Mick, he gave me my Ireland debut, he had me in Ireland squads. And as a person I can’t speak highly enough of Mick. He took a chance on bringing me here.

“It is different over here. It’s a different style of football and it’s something I just have to get used to now and just crack on. Because I’m here for two and a half years. I’m enjoying the first month so we’ll see how it goes.”

Remarking on McCarthy’s new job, he said: “I’m delighted to see Mick get the job now at Cardiff and Terry Connor after going in there. I’m sure they are going to do great, there’s no better man to do well in the Championship.”

The 24-year-old said the club moved to “reassure” him over his own future after McCarthy was sacked.

“I knew the president here and the board wanted me as well,” he added.

“Obviously, the new manager [Savvas Poursaitidis] is after coming in now but I spoke to the president before I came here. They’re all still here.

“So it’s been good. Just settling in you know, the first couple weeks just settling in to my own fitness programme. Everything’s going well so far, so can’t complain, really enjoying it so far.