Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What’s your thinking behind taking a short-term post? My th

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:06 pm

What’s your thinking behind taking a short-term post?

My thinking is, I want to get back to work and I am delighted to be able to do that at a club as big and good as Cardiff City.

Clubs are all suffering a little bit, managers leaving, coming in and signing two or three years… I am quite cool with it.

If I earn a longer-term deal, good for me! If I don’t then it’s my fault.

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What’s your thinking behind taking a short-term post? M

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:07 pm

Potential for longer then?

Of course. I guess I have got to earn that long-term deal with my performance and the performance of the players. Getting them to play and win games and seeing what we can do this season.

If it is successful, yes, of course, there is an opportunity.

McCarthy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 pm

Do you think long term yet?

I’ve got to plan for long term, in the fact I want to win games and finish as high up as I can and then everyone will be saying, ‘You’ve got to give Mick McCarthy and TC a contract’.

You want to win games. No manager knows what happens. I want to win games and that is good for me and good for the club.

I am not sat here worried.

Maybe we don’t do well and the club don’t offer me a contract, so be it. I want to do well while I’m here.

McCarthy

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:20 pm

It makes no difference to these managers, if he does poor and god forbid we go down which we wont but he doesn't do to well it makes no difference to him. If he does well and gets kept on and gets a contract and gets sacked before end of it he gets paid off.

Its a win win situation for them but for the fans its so much more.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:57 pm

Good Luck to Mick and the squad for the rest of the season :bluebird: