Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Today Cardiff City Called a player back from his loan '

Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:32 pm

WAITE RECALLED BY CARDIFF CITY

Saturday 23 Jan 2021

Sports News

Weston-super-Mare AFC can confirm that forward James Waite has been recalled from his loan spell.

Since returning on loan from the Bluebirds at the start of the season, the Wales under-21 international made 11 appearances, scoring six goals and getting three assists.

Manager Scott Bartlett said:

James has become part of the furniture here, we’d love to keep him for longer and we’ve delayed the decision as long as we can in the hope we get back playing but unfortunately right now his only guaranteed chance to play games is back at his club.

“The Welsh transfer window is complicated, we have no clue if or when we will be able to play again so naturally ourselves and Cardiff have made the right choice for James.

“Added to the decision is the fact that Cardiff have a new manager and it’s up to James to go back and impress him.

“I’m sure our supporters will join me in wishing him all the best for the remainder of the season and thank him for his efforts in a Weston shirt. We also hope it’s not the last we see of him”.

Re: ' Today Cardiff City Called a player back from his loan

Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:40 pm

Is Waite anywhere near good enough for the first team? He has been on City’s books for a while and Wikipedia says he will be 22 in May. So he’s probably unlikely to make a difference.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Always thought he was a good prospect :bluescarf: c”mon back to Cardiff and go mate :thumbup:

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:57 pm

Who kid we signed from tns or a welsh premier a couple of seasons ago is this him

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:08 pm

todder76 wrote:Who kid we signed from tns or a welsh premier a couple of seasons ago is this him

i think its Danny Williams from haverford west your thinking of ? went there on loan this season and should also be back... but havent read anything about him or Bolger who was at loan with Shamrock Rovers...

Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Loan spell at Weston didn't do Ollie Watkins any harm. Here's dreaming they have something in the water over there!

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:10 am

I was hoping this would say Ciaron Brown

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:I was hoping this would say Ciaron Brown

Cant return until 1st of february
Hes up against morrison nelson and flint
Just got regular staring spot at livingston
If hes not going to play here let him stay at livingston
then have a look at him in the summer
Dont forget apart fron celtic and rangers the level up there
Is not as good as our championship

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 am

Can't honestly see Waite ever playing for us. Might as well have left him where he was and off the wage bill.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:39 pm

MM is a creature of habit, very familiar with the Welsh team set up, he recruted quite a few in the past on loan. He'll know him and if he got what's needed he'll be a squad regular, if not it's back out on loan or salesbin... A piece at a time.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:13 pm

Crayfish wrote:Can't honestly see Waite ever playing for us. Might as well have left him where he was and off the wage bill.

Good point .